(Topic ID: 89456)

RotorDaves Route 66 odyssey is underway ....

By rotordave

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,057 posts
  • 157 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-4.jpeg
JFgrin.jpeg
image-918.jpg
image.jpg
image-258.jpg
image-677.jpg
image-829.jpg
image-441.jpg
image-141.jpg
image-527.jpg
RD trailer.jpg
Psssst....jpeg
Downwind.jpg
207575-v2.jpg
modelo-218.jpg
th-87.jpeg
There are 1,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 22.
#651 9 years ago

Today's comp was held at 1up in Colfax Ave.

Again, killer tough comps. Jorgan Holm was out in the first round.

Danielle got a win up on POTC and then had two losses.

Scotty had two losses.

Rob McCauly has been on fire with 3 wins in a row, his best outing so far. He had a real nice game on LOTR vs an Italian chap.

I won first up on Monster Bash against Peter Frank ... 35m vs 8m.

Then a loss on the vicious POTC against Michael Trepp from Switzerland. He was the only guy I saw all day get over 10m. It was very hard to get he ball up the left ramp ... Miss, and it came back fast SDTM. He got Multiball going and got 30m. I got 5. (((((

Then I went down to local hotshot Kevin Ryan on Stern Playboy by a few hundred. Dooooohhhh.

So off we went to Grimaldis for pizza and beer instead. Lol

rd.

#652 9 years ago

Here is the "small" pizza at Grimaldis ....

No wonder Brian Shepherd was pissed off with the size of kiwi pizzas when he came down! Haha!

image-776.jpgimage-776.jpg

#653 9 years ago

Hope you and your family are escaping the bad weather rolling thru Colorado?
Hopefully the Hearst did not get any Hail damage.

cheers
and safe driving the rest of your journey
Tom

#654 9 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Hope you and your family are escaping the bad weather rolling thru Colorado?
Hopefully the Hearst did not get any Hail damage.
cheers
and safe driving the rest of your journey
Tom

Yeah it pisssssssed down with rain and hail today when we were walking across the city to Colfax (40 minute walk...)

We had to hide in a Subway ... So we had some lunch

Then the Tornado sirens went off ... And a message came up on my cellphone "Take cover Tornado Warning!"

The hail was a good size too. The sirens went for about an hour then it all cleared up.

rd.

#655 9 years ago

great updates, really enjoying.

I got an email today at work and this photo gave me a little laugh as it was titled having a bad day and this was one of many, but then I instantly thought of you and your hearse and how you wouldn't want a pin to fly out the back window of the hearse …..

Mail Attachment23.jpegMail Attachment23.jpeg

#656 9 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Great thread RD!

It going to take some work but hope it will turn out nice.
1954 Henney Packard.
Post edited by Soapman: Its one of the guys at work

20140520_093357[1].jpg 139 KB

I went to some raves in the plant that car was built in, in the 1990's.

Here is a pic from 2 or 3 years ago of my wife and I at the famous Packard Plant. Sweet car! If you make it this way and want to check it out hit me up on pinside.

Packard Plant.jpgPackard Plant.jpg

#657 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

great updates, really enjoying.
I got an email today at work and this photo gave me a little laugh as it was titled having a bad day and this was one of many, but then I instantly thought of you and your hearse and how you wouldn't want a pin to fly out the back window of the hearse …..

Mail Attachment23.jpeg 21 KB

I was more worried about them coming through the front window ...

They're hard up against the back of the front seats. If I have to stop fast, they creep forward a little and move the seat lol

Normally I'd have the front beir pins in and they wouldn't move at all. But I maximized the room but not using the pins up the front.

rd.

#658 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Today's comp was held at 1up in Colfax Ave.

Then I went down to local hotshot Kevin Ryan on Stern Playboy by a few hundred. Dooooohhhh.
rd.

You've been 2Stepped!

#659 9 years ago

One week left Dave. If you make it this far, we're going here.
El Farolito.jpgEl Farolito.jpg

#660 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

When we were driving down the highway, I saw this sign.

I think this is possibly the best thing I've ever seen!!

I tried to talk Fiona into it, but she wasn't keen .... Too many people around for this sort of thing she reckoned ...

This made me laugh Dave, for some reason it reminded me of Penrith train station in the UK. Best of luck to you and Danni in the comp this weekend.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#661 9 years ago
Quoted from Roscoe:

This made me laugh Dave, for some reason it reminded me of Penrith train station in the UK. Best of luck to you and Danni in the comp this weekend.

image.jpg 37 KB

Man that sign is 100% win!!

rd.

#662 9 years ago

So, we went down to Game Exchange where the IFPA11 World Champs are being held tomorrow.

I met JJ ... Cool dude. We couldn't get a picture because there was a tornado up the road and the sirens were going off again. More heavy rain. All blew over in 30 mins though.

This is a real good setup for the IFPA comp tomorrow. Plenty of good machines, and plenty of room. Nice!

The Epstein Cup is about to start. This is the top 8 players from USA vs the top 8 Euro players. No room for us foreigner dudes lol

image-940.jpgimage-940.jpg

10 points for naming the pinball legends checking out the EM ...

image-187.jpgimage-187.jpg

image-39.jpgimage-39.jpg

#663 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

One week left Dave. If you make it this far, we're going here.

El Farolito.jpg 32 KB

Unless the hearse implodes, we will be there Thursday night as per plan. What a winner!!

rd.

#664 9 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

You've been 2Stepped!

Man, if only I had some funky glasses on like you did, I wouldn't have been blinded by the glare!!

Post a picture of you with the helmet/glasses combo on! I didn't get one ...

rd.

#665 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Unless the hearse implodes, we will be there Thursday night as per plan. What a winner!!

Haven't you heard about triple-A?

#666 9 years ago

That would be Jorgen H, Jorian E, Andrei M, Keith E. I can even name the 1/2 faced guy.... Dean Grover....

#667 9 years ago

I don't blame them for staring at Jungle Queen. I love my Jungle Princess!

#668 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

That would be Jorgen H, Jorian E, Andrei M, Keith E. I can even name the 1/2 faced guy.... Dean Grover....

10 points for that man!!

rd.

#669 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Haven't you heard about triple-A?

Alcoholics Anonymous Anaheim?

rd.

#670 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Alcoholics Anonymous Anaheim?

AUA. Substitute unanimous. Actually AAA is the Auto club of America that can tow you to your destination.

#671 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

AUA. Substitute unanimous. Actually AAA is the Auto club of America that can tow you to your destination.

I know, I'm a member. Just in case of Hearse catastrophe

rd.

#672 9 years ago

Good luck to you and Danni, mate. We hope you both do well.

#673 9 years ago

Salut Dave and Danni,

All the best for IFPA11 for you both.
I will follow the results on the net.

Great thread.
I already had a road trip on Route 66 on my list for vacation and while following this thread it has moved some places up.
BTW: I'm trying to convince my wife to change the car, but until now with no success.

A+

#674 9 years ago

Ya the weather has been making things Extra fun around here! Will do the pictures today

JJ

'

Quoted from rotordave:So, we went down to Game Exchange where the IFPA11 World Champs are being held tomorrow.
I met JJ ... Cool dude. We couldn't get a picture because there was a tornado up the road and the sirens were going off again. More heavy rain. All blew over in 30 mins though.
This is a real good setup for the IFPA comp tomorrow. Plenty of good machines, and plenty of room. Nice!
The Epstein Cup is about to start. This is the top 8 players from USA vs the top 8 Euro players. No room for us foreigner dudes lol

10 points for naming the pinball legends checking out the EM ...

image-39.jpg 177 KB

image-940.jpg 197 KB

image-187.jpg 197 KB

#675 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Here is the "small" pizza at Grimaldis ....
No wonder Brian Shepherd was pissed off with the size of kiwi pizzas when he came down! Haha!
image-776.jpg 211 KB

No, I was just mad that they looked at me funny for eating a 12 inch super-thin pizza all by myself. The first time I ordered one, they were like "just for you??"

Heaven's pizza (http://heavenspizza.co.nz/) in Wellington was some of the best pizza I've ever had. Expensive, but awesome

Brian

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#676 9 years ago

Ah this is the thread you're on about. Good luck to you two for the tourney bruv. Ruffle Danni's hair and give fiona a kiss from us x

#677 9 years ago
Quoted from Zaxxis:

Heaven's pizza (http://heavenspizza.co.nz/) in Wellington was some of the best pizza I've ever had. Expensive, but awesome
Brian

I ate there last night!

#678 9 years ago

Good luck RD & Danni!

#679 9 years ago

Some drama at the IFPA in Denver in Friday.

About 2-3pm the city was pelted with hail and heavy rain. Chaos ensued.

The spouting failed at GEX and water came down the walls into some machines. I was playing Sorcerer at the time ... Next minute water is pissing down the wall! Fun times!

Poor old JJ was running around like a blue ass fly ....

image-808.jpgimage-808.jpg

image-352.jpgimage-352.jpg

image-800.jpgimage-800.jpg

image-362.jpgimage-362.jpg

#680 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The spouting failed at GEX and water came down the walls into some machines. I was playing Sorcerer at the time ... Next minute water is possum down the wall! Fun times!

Oh crap! Hope there wasn't too much damage.

#681 9 years ago

I hate it when water possum's down the wall....

#682 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I hate it when water possum's down the wall....

Yeah me too! You gotta watch those possums. Sneaky little f**kers!

rd.

#683 9 years ago

So anyway, I guess I better report on the pinball.

I played like a moron all weekend. Don't know if it was all the driving or what .. It just wasn't happening.

Machines were all tough, players were all ultra tough. Well, they aren't all the best players in the world for nothing.

It's much tougher than Germany last year. The cutoff for the top 32 was 98 points. Lots of top grade players missed out.

Last year, I couldn't buy a win on an EM or a SS. This year, that's all I won on. I think I won 4/8 EM games. Plus I won on Fathom and Paragon.

But when I wasn't winning, I was coming 4th. After the first round, I was 28th. This is looking good I was thinking! Next round, 60th. Lots of games I've never played before. All the moderns were tough tough tough. Miss your shot ... All over. No ball savers, nothing. The men were sorted from the boys.

I had two rounds where I got 3 and 5. Mind you the 3 was against Jorian and Andrei. You can't compete with those guys with scores like that.

Danielle performed admirably considering the opposition. She won 3 games against top competition, Star Trek, Dr Dude and PINBOT.

As far as the Australasian players, Scott tied for 54th with 82 points, Denton and I got 76 points and tied for 60th (same as last year for me) and Danni got 72 points and 62nd place beating the Austrian and Finland champions.

Everyone was awesome towards Danni, and very complimentary of her play. Special thanks to Eden Stamm and Derek Fugate who really took Danni under their wings and helped her out during the two days. Josh Henderson, Helena, Steve Zahler and Robert Gagno were also good friends to Danni, and lots of other guys too. Thanks to everyone for treating her so well.

rd.

#684 9 years ago

Man, that sounds like a helluva lot of fun Dave... even just rubbing shoulders with some of these elite players would be worth a trip.

Say hi to the fam for me. Might make it down to NZ for the Peter Jackson tour plus pinball.

#685 9 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Man, that sounds like a helluva lot of fun Dave... even just rubbing shoulders with some of these elite players would be worth a trip.
Say hi to the fam for me. Might make it down to NZ for the Peter Jackson tour plus pinball.

Will do Chad. You know where we are if you visit.

It's cool to play these guys but I should have done better. I had a good build up, I beat some good players during the week. But nothing clicked at all. Just one of those days yesterday. Very disappointing.

rd.

#686 9 years ago

More coffees, Dave. Or more Cokes.

#687 9 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

More coffees, Dave. Or more Cokes.

They were flying I can assure you ....

rd.

#688 9 years ago

I went through 10 Large pots of coffee last night!

#689 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

And that was just for you!

rd.

#690 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Sounds like fun, where was the beer!

#691 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

There were three kegs upstairs in "the secret place"

They said they hid them there in case Tim Mezel showed up ....

Haha!!

rd.

#692 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Hidden! From you! =)

#693 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Hidden! From you! =)

I am gonna start hanging with your brother then...we will just drink gin and tonics.

#694 9 years ago

fun road trip !!

#695 9 years ago

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/franck/index.html

I was wondering when this was going to come out... Good reading people!!

#696 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/franck/index.html
I was wondering when this was going to come out... Good reading people!!

Awesome Rich ... About time that came out.

I'll make a separate thread for it so it gets some exposure.

rd.

#697 9 years ago

I'm not "elite" of any kind and I park my hearse where I choose.

Take that "the Man!"

image-772.jpgimage-772.jpg

#698 9 years ago

Here you go Danielle . Package delivered . Eden passes on his utmost thanks .

IMG_1001.JPGIMG_1001.JPG

#699 9 years ago

Safe travels Dave , Fiona , and Danielle . Was great to meet up with you guys again . Hope to see you all again in November .

Take care.

Scott .

#700 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I'm not "elite" of any kind and I park my hearse where I choose.
Take that "the Man!"

image-772.jpg 178 KB

If anyone were to say anything to you, you could always tell them that the guy you're hauling was a Diamond Elite member and they can check if they like

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.95
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 70.00
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Algonquin, IL
$ 49.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rotordaves-route-66-odessy-is-underway/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.