(Topic ID: 89456)

RotorDaves Route 66 odyssey is underway ....

By rotordave

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,057 posts
  • 157 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 404 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

th-4.jpeg
JFgrin.jpeg
image-918.jpg
image.jpg
image-258.jpg
image-677.jpg
image-829.jpg
image-441.jpg
image-141.jpg
image-527.jpg
RD trailer.jpg
Psssst....jpeg
Downwind.jpg
207575-v2.jpg
modelo-218.jpg
th-87.jpeg

There are 1057 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 22.
#451 5 years ago

Hope it is not as high there, as it is in The Netherlands
1 liter = Euro 1.80
Translates to $ 9.39 per gallon

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Hope it is not as high there, as it is in The Netherlands1 liter = Euro 1.80Translates to $ 9.39 per gallon

The Dutch price is roughly 2.5 times higher than the US price / litre

#453 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I struggled to eat my 18oz ribeye

But was it good?

#454 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But was it good?

It was superb!! At first I was bummed because I forgot to order the sauce for the top of the steak.

But it didn't need it! It was super juicy and moist!

Hmmmmmmm moist

rd

#455 5 years ago

RotorDave will be at my house within the hour. Made room for the hearse, Kristin cooking up some green chile enchiladas and I'm icing the drinks.

#456 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

RotorDave will be at my house within the hour. Made room for the hearse, Kristin cooking up some green chile enchiladas and I'm icing the drinks.

Wait! wheres my Enchiladas!!!

RD look forward to seeing you guys in Denver.. Wanna hit 1 Up for Lunch?

JJ

#457 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Exciting! Just leaving hotel now ...

rd.

#458 5 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Wait! wheres my Enchiladas!!!
RD look forward to seeing you guys in Denver.. Wanna hit 1 Up for Lunch?
JJ

This guy's going to have so many beers waiting for him in Colorado

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Exciting! Just leaving hotel now ...
rd.

Take a picture of Dinner for me! I love Mexican foods!

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

This guy's going to have so many beers waiting for him in Colorado

Ha We have great beers thought! had I known about Pops I would have had him pick me up a 24 pack of mixed drinks! I love the soda pop guy at the tourneys

JJ

#461 5 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Take a picture of Dinner for me! I love Mexican foods!

New Mexican...

#463 5 years ago

New Mexico is starting to look a lot like Old Mexico.
map-tanner-mexico-1837-01-primary.jpg

#464 5 years ago

Right! Today we left Amarillo for New Mexico!

First stop was the Cadillac Ranch just out of Amarillo.

This place is pretty famous. All the Caddys are spray painted now. Check out the amount of paint on them! It's about an inch thick.

Honestly, my opinion ... They'd be cooler if they were all original. That'd rock.

image-951.jpg

image-256.jpg

image-472.jpg

#465 5 years ago

We made the mid point!

And the hearse hasn't blown up yet! What a winner.

image-383.jpg

image-746.jpg

#466 5 years ago

At the mid point, there's a cool diner and gift shop. I even bought a Texas Route 66 shirt for $10!

Next door is this cool deserted motel. I got talking to the owner of the diner who said the family that own it have just left it to rot. She'd been trying to buy it for 10 years but they won't sell it. Just crazy.

The diner is so busy, she'd sold out of cakes by lunchtime and was out back making more.

image-544.jpg

image-64.jpg

image-879.jpg

image-445.jpg

#467 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Hope it was a good time, that RD shows up and drinks all your beer and Dani+RD leave their high score initials all over your games.

#468 5 years ago

Rotordave dropping his initials on a MezelMet...image.jpg

#469 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Next door is this cool deserted motel. I got talking to the owner of the diner who said the family that own it have just left it to rot. She'd been trying to buy it for 10 years but they won't sell it. Just crazy.

Here's another one that got left behind when the main highways went in. But it is still in operation. I hear they have reasonable rates.

th-674.jpeg

#470 5 years ago

Right on the New Mexico border, there's this cool ghost town called GlenRio.

It's a photographers wet dream ... I probably rattled off 100 shots on my big camera.

image-770.jpg

image-405.jpg

image-412.jpg

image-868.jpg

#471 5 years ago

Here's the famous Blue Hole in Santa Rosa. It's a swimming hole.

It really is quite blue. It's 80ft deep.

image-206.jpg

image-506.jpg

#472 5 years ago

Here's a vid I shot cruising up the Interstate 40 across New Mexico.

As you can see, there is a wide expanse of nothing! For about 150 miles, this is what you see.

Check out the radio station

#473 5 years ago

We hit Albuquerque about 630 ... Finally found a shop that sold beer (target and walgreens didn't!!) and headed to Tim Mezelmods house.

Tim's wife made us some lovely New Mexican food. Don came over and we drank a lot and played some pinball!

It's like 1230 now and we are still going ... Tim is helping to finance my trip by playing me for $20s

image-623.jpg

image-720.jpg

image-437.jpg

Tim showed me his Mezelmods setup and I was most impressed. These things are so cheap!

I'm getting an ACDC bell mod for my ACDC! Bitchin! Tim rules!

#474 5 years ago

No Tim, no!

image-996.jpg

#475 5 years ago

What a great night at the Mezelmods HQ.

Thanks to Tim and Kristen for inviting us over. And to Don for popping over and drinking the beers!

Sweeeeeeeeet

rd.

#476 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballNZ:

Hey Dave , how much to fill the tank on the hearse? Whats the price of gas?

Gas price depends on the State Clive ... I've seen $3.29 to $3.89 on the trip.

I guess the hearse has a 20 gallon tank because I put 18 in there the other day, and the EMPTY EMPTY FULL IT UP YOU IDIOT!! light was on.

I filled it to the brim and took the mileage, and filled it today when I was on the New Mexican leg.

It'd done 295 miles on 14.2 gallons so that's 20.8mpg which is pretty much in line with the 20.4mpg that the trip computer is saying we've averaged after 2000 miles (we hit 2000 miles today!!) Which isn't too bad considering all the weight we are lugging around.

rd

#477 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

We hit Albuquerque about 630 ... Finally found a shop that sold beer (target and walgreens didn't!!) and headed to Tim Mezelmods house.
Tim's wife made us some lovely New Mexican food. Don came over and we drank a lot and played some pinball!
It's like 1230 now and we are still going ... Tim is helping to finance my trip by playing me for $20s

Tim showed me his Mezelmods setup and I was most impressed. These things are so cheap!
I'm getting an ACDC bell mod for my ACDC! Bitchin! Tim rules!

Nice awkward picture lol!

#478 5 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Nice awkward picture lol!

Look closely at my hand

rd.

#479 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Look closely at my hand
rd.

Hence the awkward comment. LOL! Nice sneak attack.

#480 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It'd done 295 miles on 14.2 gallons so that's 20.8mpg which is pretty much in line with the 20.4mpg that the trip computer is saying we've averaged after 2000 miles (we hit 2000 miles today!!) Which isn't too bad considering all the weight we are lugging around.

That's doesn't seem too bad for a loaded up hearse. My Jeep is only rated at 18 mpg highway, and that's with no load at all.

#481 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's doesn't seem too bad for a loaded up hearse. My Jeep is only rated at 18 mpg highway, and that's with no load at all.

Your 470 hp, 5150 lb, awd jeep that runs the quarter mile in 12 seconds only gets 18 mpg? Tsk, tsk...

... Or am I thinking of somebody else?

#482 5 years ago

Ha my Subaru gets 20-21 on prem Gas when Im behaving my self. Turbo dosn't help =)

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Ha my Subaru gets 20-21 on prem Gas when Im behaving my self. Turbo dosn't help =)

My RX7s are the same... I can get reasonable mileage just putting around ... But crank the turbos and the gas mileage goes out the window.

Nothing gives you a thrill like a good turbo setup.

rd.

#484 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nothing gives you a thrill like a good turbo setup.

i have twins on my flex. it's pretty peppy... for a glorified minivan. i get anywhere between 20-26 mpg on the highway at 72 mph depending on weather and roadtype. 22-24 is normal.

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Your 470 hp, 5150 lb, awd jeep that runs the quarter mile in 12 seconds only gets 18 mpg? Tsk, tsk...

... Or am I thinking of somebody else?

Nope. That's me.

#486 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Nope. That's me.

12 seconds for a Jeep is hauling ass! Does it do wheel stands?

rd.

#487 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

12 seconds for a Jeep is hauling ass! Does it do wheel stands?
rd.

i have seen 12's in allegedly stock trim but motortrend reports 13.3. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/1108_2012_jeep_grand_cherokee_srt8_first_test/

Have you drag raced your's, gweem?

#488 5 years ago

Mine is stock. A stock SRT8 definitely won't do the 1/4 mile in 12. My friend has a heavily modified one that has like 1000 horsepower. His will.

#489 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Mine is stock. A stock SRT8 definitely won't do the 1/4 mile in 12. My friend has a heavily modified one that has like 1000 horsepower. His will.

i'll defer to your ownership and knowledge. In my defense, i meant "in the 12's" which means 12.99 would qualify. I don't want people thinking i was so naive as to think that it would run a flat 12. The new 392 challenger doesn't even run a flat 12.

#490 5 years ago

12 is fast for a street car. My first RX7 did 12.9 at 108mph back in the day. It was the second fastest import in NZ at the time (fastest was 12.5)

Fast forward 15 years and there are 30 imports in NZ that run under 10. The fastest are low 7s.

rd.

#491 5 years ago

What I'd like to know is how Dave manages to drive and type all these posts at the same time.

#492 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

i'll defer to your ownership and knowledge. In my defense, i meant "in the 12's" which means 12.99 would qualify. I don't want people thinking i was so naive as to think that it would run a flat 12. The new 392 challenger doesn't even run a flat 12.

No, I knew you what you meant. I was merely using your statement to play up the fact that my friend's will indeed break 12.

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

What I'd like to know is how Dave manages to drive and type all these posts at the same time.

Dave only posts when he's sitting where there is WIFI

Mezelmods gave Danni these cool LED gloves!

Rumour is Mezelmods is going to adapt the glove to fit Johnny Nemonic .... Hmmmmn

image-410.jpg

#494 5 years ago

She is making me feel old with that Nirvana shirt on. It reminds me of when I was in High School wearing a Doors t-shirt when Cobain was still alive.

#495 5 years ago

We decided to start our day in ABQ with a trip to the dark side.

image-790.jpg

Danni and I shared a $7.19 breakfast between us.

#496 5 years ago

Knock knock .... "Hello, is Walter White in?"

"Errr no ..."

"How about Heisenburg?"

image-681.jpg

#497 5 years ago

I should have peed on your tires for the photo bomb. Last night was blast, lots of beer and some good schooling on ACDC. You and the family are very nice indeed. Tonight it's the Aussies!

Dave definitely got some pinball practice, left his initials on both Metallica and ACDC.

image-751.jpg

#498 5 years ago

Skylar wasn't in, but we paid our fee and gave the piece of paper to Ramon and we had an A1 day.

image-498.jpg

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Dave, sorry you couldn't make it by the other night when you were in the area. It was a good time! But I've got a little something waiting for you when you get back to the west coast.

DSCN2633.JPG 125 KB

More important question: Who's selling that Iron Maiden Beer in the US??

#500 5 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

More important question: Who's selling that Iron Maiden Beer in the US??

I'm not too sure. Some guy that goes by the name of Nimblepin brought it over. But he knows!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Mateo, CA
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Polk City, IA
There are 1057 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside