Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by the4horse
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I just repinned my Close Encounters and now the middle roto target and the middle 'B' upper lane are not scoring. The two side roto targets score and the other two upper lanes are good as well. My question is; Would these two issues be related and where on the boards should I focus my attention? I've checked switches and they're okay.

I also wanted to check the rating of the fuses on the base board as all the paper has been devoured by roaches. FYI, 240 volts here.
Thanks.

#2 7 years ago

I thought someone on this site would know something about this 'ol machine...be nice just to know I had the fuses right, especially the primary one. At the moment it has a 2 amp slo blo

#3 7 years ago

My left roto-target wasn't working at all. I had to adjust the gap on the switch it triggered on, now it works fine. I'm a control engineer by trade. If you have the schematic, can you PM a hi-res scan of it? Gottlieb has axed the info on IPBD website which is STOOPID in my opinion. With the schematic I can take a look to see how they are associated with each other and what pins they connect to (test points).

I'm a bit new to the lingo, what is repinned mean?

1 month later
#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Darren_Sisco:

My left roto-target wasn't working at all. I had to adjust the gap on the switch it triggered on, now it works fine. I'm a control engineer by trade. If you have the schematic, can you PM a hi-res scan of it? Gottlieb has axed the info on IPBD website which is STOOPID in my opinion. With the schematic I can take a look to see how they are associated with each other and what pins they connect to (test points).
I'm a bit new to the lingo, what is repinned mean?

Hi. Sorry, I haven't been on this site for a while. I couldn't even get a response on this site but the good folks on the Aussie pinball forums were eager to help. By repinned, I mean that I replace the terminal pins on the end of each wire that goes into the connectors that then connect to the circuit boards. Sorry, I haven't got the schematic for Close Encounters and I think my issue is on one of the boards as the switch gap is okay on mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roto-target-b-lane-not-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.