Rotation VIII solenoid driver board back (resized).jpg
Rotation VIII solenoid driver board face (resized).jpg
Rotation VIII driver motor board back (resized).jpg
Rotation VIII driver motor board face (resized).jpg
Rotation VIII power board back (resized).jpg
Rotation VIII power board face (resized).jpg
rotation.jpg
#1 10 years ago

If any of you like rare games, Rotation VIII is a cocktail game that rotates to face each player.

It is always broken with boards missing. In my entire life, I've fixed a single specimen and played it. Otherwise, I see them in garages with junk stacked on top of them, gutted .

Now it looks like http://www.polzin.ca/ now has reproduction boards available.

So dust off those Rotations and bring them back to life....so I can play them.

rotation.jpgrotation.jpg
#2 10 years ago

I got to check out one of these at a pinball person's house a couple months ago. Was really cool to play!

#3 10 years ago

#t=120

#4 10 years ago

Thank you vid .
I have got one working and one non working game that needs a new board.

#5 10 years ago

Now that is the cocktail pin to own!

#6 10 years ago

Tim's a good guy who has a passion for this machine. Owners are lucky they will have an option for a new upgraded board. If I had a RVIII I'd be all over this.

viperrwk

7 years later
#7 2 years ago

Hi , are these boards still available?

Denis

#8 2 years ago

I saw he’s not on pinside anymore and the previous site doesn’t exist.

#9 2 years ago

I heard that Flippers/John's Jukes now has all of the designs and would be taking over. That said, haven't heard anything about this since:

https://www.flippers.com/pin4sale.html

Look towards the bottom of the page, also has a link to the defunct website:

"Midway ROTATION VIII game owner? Do not despair! Help is available here...(well Jim's web site) - we are taking over the Rotation IV repairs and design from Jim. Hope to have more info soon!"

#10 2 years ago

Thanks

#11 2 years ago

The old website still works, just the homepage is defunct

http://polzin.ca/Market.html

#12 2 years ago

I do have some blank daughter boards (Tim design) on which you would need to source and weld the components.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from valentin27:

I do have some blank daughter boards (Tim design) on which you would need to source and weld the components.

i need that board (that would be appreciated ) and shaft encoder board A082-91104-A000 and power supply board A082-90400-E000 .

Thanks

I will email john jukes to see if he has any of these boards

#14 2 years ago

Tim gave me his design few years ago to repair my games.

It was made on a specific format where you could print the board with only one supplier owning the software (about 50 times more expensive than Chinese suppliers).

I printed one to see the board, with it came the Gerber file. So I was able to order next boards from China for a price a lot more reasonable.

I don't want to do business out of Tim work, just reimburse me a little bit for this crazy expensive first board.
Also I understood that John and Tim had no agreement of any kind (copyright, exclusivity,...). So I trust I am not treading on anyone's toes.

If you need a daughter board (as designed by Tim) please let me know. I must have 2 somewhere and can have new ones printed if needed.

#15 2 years ago

I heard that Flippers/John's Jukes now has all of the designs and would be taking over. That said, haven't heard anything about this since:
"Midway ROTATION VIII game owner? Do not despair! Help is available here...(well Jim's web site) - we are taking over the Rotation IV repairs and design from Jim. Hope to have more info soon!"

Hi Denis,

I'm sorry but we don't sell any parts for the Rotaion VIII =(.

Jare

Got this on your website ( Midway ROTATION VIII game owner? Do not despair! Help is available here...(well Jim's web site) - we are taking over the Rotation IV repairs and design from Jim. Hope to have more info soon! )

The respond from https://www.flippers.com/pin4sale.html
First I heard of it, but yeah it does say soon, not currently. The whole reason why I knew was because an earlier customer asked similar questions and we weren't able to help them. Also it still doesn't mention parts. I'm sure we can repair any boards you send us, but we don't stock them for sale..

Jared

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I'm sorry but we don't sell any parts for the Rotaion VIII =(.

Jared

Got this on your website ( Midway ROTATION VIII game owner? Do not despair! Help is available here...(well Jim's web site) - we are taking over the Rotation IV repairs and design from Jim. Hope to have more info soon! )

First I heard of it, but yeah it does say soon, not currently. The whole reason why I knew was because an earlier customer asked similar questions and we weren't able to help them. Also it still doesn't mention parts. I'm sure we can repair any boards you send us, but we don't stock them for sale..

Jared

#17 2 years ago

". . . taking over the Rotation IV repairs AND DESIGN"

2 months later
#18 2 years ago

Is anyone in the usa fixing these boards??

5 months later
#20 2 years ago

Looking for some help here. I have a rotation viii. I got it broken I suspect it’s the main board. I sent it to john Jukes in Canada back in sept of 2021. Am I wrong to perhaps looks else where? Idk where else to turn. This is the only guy in the world with a rotation viii to test my board in and he is the successor of the gentlemen that created the replacement board initially. Help!

1 week later
#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Looking for some help here. I have a rotation viii. I got it broken I suspect it’s the main board. I sent it to john Jukes in Canada back in sept of 2021. Am I wrong to perhaps looks else where? Idk where else to turn. This is the only guy in the world with a rotation viii to test my board in and he is the successor of the gentlemen that created the replacement board initially. Help!

I just spoke with John recently, he’s a good guy but with oddities like that he told me it would take 6 to 9 months.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I just spoke with John recently, he’s a good guy but with oddities like that he told me it would take 6 to 9 months.

I’m gonna have to just sit tight for another several months it seems. Wonder why no one will touch it.

1 month later
#23 2 years ago

I'm still looking for

power supply P.C. board assembly A082-90400-E000
power supply P.C. board assembly A082-90400-D000
or transformer MT-67B-60CYC
transformer MT-68B-50CYC
characterization P.C. board assembly A082-91320-C000
rotor transformer MT00-00070-0000

This game came from a barn find , it has lots of water damage and missing parts .
I'm trying to save this game and i know i'll have more into it than what it's worth

To help me find these parts i would need picture of these parts , that would help identifying them in wanted add .

Thanks

3 months later
#25 1 year ago
Quoted from steamfitter:

I'm still looking for
power supply P.C. board assembly A082-90400-E000
power supply P.C. board assembly A082-90400-D000
or transformer MT-67B-60CYC
transformer MT-68B-50CYC
characterization P.C. board assembly A082-91320-C000
rotor transformer MT00-00070-0000
This game came from a barn find , it has lots of water damage and missing parts .
I'm trying to save this game and i know i'll have more into it than what it's worth
To help me find these parts i would need picture of these parts , that would help identifying them in wanted add .
Thanks

I will be able to send you the pictures you are looking for when I return from vacation at the end of July.

2 weeks later
#26 1 year ago

For the memory, and to help other futur pinsiders, here are the pictures of the Rotation VIII boards, and the motor.

Boards:
-Polzin synchonisation
-angle encoder
-driver motor
-opto position playfield (4 in all)
-power supply
-solenoid
-test

Rotation VIII Polzin board synchronisation back (resized).jpgRotation VIII Polzin board synchronisation back (resized).jpgRotation VIII Polzin board synchronisation face (resized).jpgRotation VIII Polzin board synchronisation face (resized).jpgRotation VIII angle encoder board face (resized).jpgRotation VIII angle encoder board face (resized).jpgRotation VIII driver motor board back (resized).jpgRotation VIII driver motor board back (resized).jpgRotation VIII driver motor board face (resized).jpgRotation VIII driver motor board face (resized).jpgRotation VIII moteur (resized).jpgRotation VIII moteur (resized).jpgRotation VIII motor (resized).jpgRotation VIII motor (resized).jpgRotation VIII opto board back (resized).jpgRotation VIII opto board back (resized).jpgRotation VIII opto board face (resized).jpgRotation VIII opto board face (resized).jpgRotation VIII power board back (resized).jpgRotation VIII power board back (resized).jpgRotation VIII power board face (resized).jpgRotation VIII power board face (resized).jpgRotation VIII solenoid driver board back (resized).jpgRotation VIII solenoid driver board back (resized).jpgRotation VIII solenoid driver board face (resized).jpgRotation VIII solenoid driver board face (resized).jpgRotation VIII test board back (resized).jpgRotation VIII test board back (resized).jpgRotation VIII test board face (resized).jpgRotation VIII test board face (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#27 1 year ago

I may be coming into one of these machines in the next few days as part of a lot purchase. If it has all the boards... was it ever determined if there is still someone out there I could send the boards to, in order to have them repaired?

1 year later
#28 5 days ago

Hi Everyone, I have recieved a Rotation IIIV with a bad MPU board.. I am trying to get it running.. Is there anyone out there that can help??

I would like to bench test the mpu board.. Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

David

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rotation-viii-boards-available and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.