Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chubtoad13
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49muwk (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 7.33.32 PM (resized).png
    47EE38C1-F8A5-4BA5-9CBF-FA62C367582D.jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

I want to add a few games, then a few more I'm sure

Space in the game room is limited. I don't want to sell anything. I dont want games taking over my house. I dont want to move.

A reasonable man would just sell a game when buying a new one.

I'm not feeling very reasonable however.

Anyone here fold away games into a storage room then rotate the lineup every few mos?

Seems silly but damn it sorta makes sense.

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Anyone here fold away games into a storage room then rotate the lineup every few mos?

Not yet but I have a feeling I will have to in about 10 more games. At some point I'm sure a game will get folded up that someone wants to play. There are some that don't get much love anymore but just not ready to let go of them yet.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Space in the game room is limited. I don't want to sell anything. I dont want games taking over my house. I dont want to move.
    Seems silly but damn it sorta makes sense.

Silly?? I excavated my House to get more games in!!! Folding up a few games actually sounds normal lol. Where I would however draw the line is buying them to store at other peoples houses. Thats when you know you have a problem. lol

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-room-underground-excavation-and-expansion-for-themodcouple

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I’m in the same predicament.
    I added a Skateball since taking this pic, now I’m two pins over my capacity.

47EE38C1-F8A5-4BA5-9CBF-FA62C367582D.jpeg47EE38C1-F8A5-4BA5-9CBF-FA62C367582D.jpeg
    #5 3 years ago

I have essentially avoided this scenario due to space and money concerns, but I may not be far off...

#6 3 years ago

Be reasonable here and start cramming games into every room you can.

#7 3 years ago

There is room under a standard game to use a sleeping bag...

#8 3 years ago

I am getting ready to rotate a "lineup" pin to storage for the first time to make room for a new pin. I already have several "project pins" in storage waiting for me to create some space. Having a few extra pins that move into and out of the lineup sounds like a good idea to me. Can rotate out pins that go down or you are restoring/adding mods, etc. My issue is getting the pins out of the basement (it's walkout at least) and back up the hill to the workspace/storage space, it sucks. If you have storage adjacent to your pin room, this would ideal.

#9 3 years ago

I wish I could fold them them up like the Jetson’s briefcase.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Yup. There simply isn't enough floor space for everything.

I usually rotate things around when shows happen. Sometimes a couple of other times during the year too when I have time and the weather is agreeable.

#11 3 years ago

Sometimes I'm thinking of rotating my games too, only have room for 5.
    Got 1 game I'll be selling soon, but the rest are keepers.
    So if I get lucky and buy a machine I high on my wishlist, I'll be out of room..

#12 3 years ago

Yes, I have four pins and only room for three. Every year or two I rotate and put a different pin away. It really helps keep my small collection fresh. When the new pin comes out again I always enjoy it anew.

#13 3 years ago

I've recently reached my limit on # of pins. Now, if I want one in, one must go out. I have a few (MET,BSD..) that I really like, but haven't gotten much play in a while. I really want to try some other pins, but have trouble letting some go, even though they aren't getting played.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I do it in a modified way. I put games in my garage, but I won't play out there. I try to keep them on legs, just because wood on concrete is not a great combination. I cover them with moving blankets to keep the dust and grime down. Every few months I'll switch up the whole lineup. The games I'm playing a lot stay, and the lesser played games head out. 4 months later, it all changes again.

And here is the great part of this. If you don't play a game for 4-6 months, when you move it back into the lineup, it is like an entirely new game! Over the years I've probably fallen back in love with Getaway 10 times. It ALWAYS goes into a new position in the gameroom, and will be setup differently. I have to relearn the shots, and it's just awesome.

#15 3 years ago

Around here we have a small group of friends who switch out pins with each other and that helps to keep things fresh and saves the wallet too much damage.

#16 3 years ago

I've done this in the past. Fortunately I don't have any space concerns at this time. That's something we all face sooner or later tbh

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I do it in a modified way. I put games in my garage, but I won't play out there. I try to keep them on legs, just because wood on concrete is not a great combination. I cover them with moving blankets to keep the dust and grime down. Every few months I'll switch up the whole lineup. The games I'm playing a lot stay, and the lesser played games head out. 4 months later, it all changes again.
    And here is the great part of this. If you don't play a game for 4-6 months, when you move it back into the lineup, it is like an entirely new game! Over the years I've probably fallen back in love with Getaway 10 times. It ALWAYS goes into a new position in the gameroom, and will be setup differently. I have to relearn the shots, and it's just awesome.

Figured I'd put my games in dry basement storage room. Raised a foot or so off the ground just in case. Covered with plastic tarp just in case. Been meaning to add a water sensor to my alarm. I will be sure to do so prior.

I had a feeling old games would feel exciting again after a 6 month or so break. Fresh but nostalgic I'd imagine.

My game room is in the basement. The kids have a seperate toy room down there currently. Eventually it will become a pinball room. They're 3 & 7 tho so until then I will rotate inventory. This way I wont have to rebuy games to fill up the toy room 10 years from now.

------

Everyone in this thread has done a good job of enabling me. Thanks!

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Figured I'd put my games in dry basement storage room. Raised a foot or so off the ground just in case. Covered with plastic tarp just in case. Been meaning to add a water sensor to my alarm. I will be sure to do so prior.
    I had a feeling old games would feel exciting again after a 6 month or so break. Fresh but nostalgic I'd imagine.
    My game room is in the basement. The kids have a seperate toy room down there currently. Eventually it will become a pinball room. They're 3 & 7 tho so until then I will rotate inventory. This way I wont have to rebuy games to fill up the toy room 10 years from now.
    ------
    Everyone in this thread has done a good job of enabling me. Thanks!

And hopefully by the time your kids grow to 6 and 14 they might appreciate some game time with dad which would solve the whole issue. Always loved playing against my kids.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yup. There simply isn't enough floor space for everything.
    I usually rotate things around when shows happen. Sometimes a couple of other times during the year too when I have time and the weather is agreeable.

Exactly the correct answer. I have 6 or 7 games always folded up. The lineup constantly changes every few months, when there’s a show, when someone wants to borrow/trade a game or when I sell or buy something.

Actually, does not happen much any more...

#20 3 years ago

i rent space at clutter.. 125 monthly 10 by 10 games come in and games come out.

#21 3 years ago

I started collecting arcade games and pinball machines soon followed but they were always so much more expensive than arcade games. A couple years ago, I finally started the full on transition to mostly pins. My basement can comfortably hold 20 pins, but I certainly want more than that. I have a 4 bedroom home with only 1 kiddo still living at home, so I have definitely given some thought of an upstairs auxiliary gameroom or maybe storing some up there. I say go for it.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Silly?? I excavated my House to get more games in!!!

haha! I'll dovetail onto this.

We sold our house and are in the process of building a new house just to fit more games. The designer even called it the "Pinball Room" in our house plans.

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 7.33.32 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-07-27 at 7.33.32 PM (resized).png

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

We sold our house and are in the process of building a new house just to fit more games. The designer even called it the "Pinball Room" in our house plans.
    [quoted image]

Nice! Word of advise. Whatever the layout double it paper is cheaper then walls lol. Good luck on your new home.

#24 3 years ago
    49muwk (resized).jpg49muwk (resized).jpg
    #25 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

And hopefully by the time your kids grow to 6 and 14 they might appreciate some game time with dad which would solve the whole issue. Always loved playing against my kids.

If his kids are currently age 3 and 7, they will never grow together to be 6 and 14.

Their ages do not double proportionately.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

If his kids are currently age 3 and 7, they will never grow together to be 6 and 14.

Lol your right. Maybe subliminally I was trying to get him to take my kids. Lol

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol your right. Maybe subliminally I was trying to get him to take my kids. Lol

I think it's time for some coffee

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

[quoted image]

Your drawing should say “Future Pinball Room” instead of “Unfinished Basement”

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rotate-lineup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.