New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 273929)

Rotate Lineup

By PW79

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 89 days ago by chubtoad13
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

49muwk (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 7.33.32 PM (resized).png
    47EE38C1-F8A5-4BA5-9CBF-FA62C367582D.jpeg

#1 3 months ago

I want to add a few games, then a few more I'm sure

Space in the game room is limited. I don't want to sell anything. I dont want games taking over my house. I dont want to move.

A reasonable man would just sell a game when buying a new one.

I'm not feeling very reasonable however.

Anyone here fold away games into a storage room then rotate the lineup every few mos?

Seems silly but damn it sorta makes sense.

#2 3 months ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Anyone here fold away games into a storage room then rotate the lineup every few mos?

Not yet but I have a feeling I will have to in about 10 more games. At some point I'm sure a game will get folded up that someone wants to play. There are some that don't get much love anymore but just not ready to let go of them yet.

#3 3 months ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Space in the game room is limited. I don't want to sell anything. I dont want games taking over my house. I dont want to move.
    Seems silly but damn it sorta makes sense.

Silly?? I excavated my House to get more games in!!! Folding up a few games actually sounds normal lol. Where I would however draw the line is buying them to store at other peoples houses. Thats when you know you have a problem. lol

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-room-underground-excavation-and-expansion-for-themodcouple

#4 3 months ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I’m in the same predicament.
    I added a Skateball since taking this pic, now I’m two pins over my capacity.

47EE38C1-F8A5-4BA5-9CBF-FA62C367582D.jpeg
    #5 3 months ago

I have essentially avoided this scenario due to space and money concerns, but I may not be far off...

#6 3 months ago

Be reasonable here and start cramming games into every room you can.

#7 3 months ago

There is room under a standard game to use a sleeping bag...

#8 3 months ago

I am getting ready to rotate a "lineup" pin to storage for the first time to make room for a new pin. I already have several "project pins" in storage waiting for me to create some space. Having a few extra pins that move into and out of the lineup sounds like a good idea to me. Can rotate out pins that go down or you are restoring/adding mods, etc. My issue is getting the pins out of the basement (it's walkout at least) and back up the hill to the workspace/storage space, it sucks. If you have storage adjacent to your pin room, this would ideal.

#9 3 months ago

I wish I could fold them them up like the Jetson’s briefcase.

#10 3 months ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Yup. There simply isn't enough floor space for everything.

I usually rotate things around when shows happen. Sometimes a couple of other times during the year too when I have time and the weather is agreeable.

#11 3 months ago

Sometimes I'm thinking of rotating my games too, only have room for 5.
    Got 1 game I'll be selling soon, but the rest are keepers.
    So if I get lucky and buy a machine I high on my wishlist, I'll be out of room..

#12 3 months ago

Yes, I have four pins and only room for three. Every year or two I rotate and put a different pin away. It really helps keep my small collection fresh. When the new pin comes out again I always enjoy it anew.

#13 3 months ago

I've recently reached my limit on # of pins. Now, if I want one in, one must go out. I have a few (MET,BSD..) that I really like, but haven't gotten much play in a while. I really want to try some other pins, but have trouble letting some go, even though they aren't getting played.

#14 3 months ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I do it in a modified way. I put games in my garage, but I won't play out there. I try to keep them on legs, just because wood on concrete is not a great combination. I cover them with moving blankets to keep the dust and grime down. Every few months I'll switch up the whole lineup. The games I'm playing a lot stay, and the lesser played games head out. 4 months later, it all changes again.

And here is the great part of this. If you don't play a game for 4-6 months, when you move it back into the lineup, it is like an entirely new game! Over the years I've probably fallen back in love with Getaway 10 times. It ALWAYS goes into a new position in the gameroom, and will be setup differently. I have to relearn the shots, and it's just awesome.

#15 3 months ago

Around here we have a small group of friends who switch out pins with each other and that helps to keep things fresh and saves the wallet too much damage.

#16 3 months ago

I've done this in the past. Fortunately I don't have any space concerns at this time. That's something we all face sooner or later tbh

#17 3 months ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I do it in a modified way. I put games in my garage, but I won't play out there. I try to keep them on legs, just because wood on concrete is not a great combination. I cover them with moving blankets to keep the dust and grime down. Every few months I'll switch up the whole lineup. The games I'm playing a lot stay, and the lesser played games head out. 4 months later, it all changes again.
    And here is the great part of this. If you don't play a game for 4-6 months, when you move it back into the lineup, it is like an entirely new game! Over the years I've probably fallen back in love with Getaway 10 times. It ALWAYS goes into a new position in the gameroom, and will be setup differently. I have to relearn the shots, and it's just awesome.

Figured I'd put my games in dry basement storage room. Raised a foot or so off the ground just in case. Covered with plastic tarp just in case. Been meaning to add a water sensor to my alarm. I will be sure to do so prior.

I had a feeling old games would feel exciting again after a 6 month or so break. Fresh but nostalgic I'd imagine.

My game room is in the basement. The kids have a seperate toy room down there currently. Eventually it will become a pinball room. They're 3 & 7 tho so until then I will rotate inventory. This way I wont have to rebuy games to fill up the toy room 10 years from now.

------

Everyone in this thread has done a good job of enabling me. Thanks!

#18 3 months ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Figured I'd put my games in dry basement storage room. Raised a foot or so off the ground just in case. Covered with plastic tarp just in case. Been meaning to add a water sensor to my alarm. I will be sure to do so prior.
    I had a feeling old games would feel exciting again after a 6 month or so break. Fresh but nostalgic I'd imagine.
    My game room is in the basement. The kids have a seperate toy room down there currently. Eventually it will become a pinball room. They're 3 & 7 tho so until then I will rotate inventory. This way I wont have to rebuy games to fill up the toy room 10 years from now.
    ------
    Everyone in this thread has done a good job of enabling me. Thanks!

And hopefully by the time your kids grow to 6 and 14 they might appreciate some game time with dad which would solve the whole issue. Always loved playing against my kids.

#19 3 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yup. There simply isn't enough floor space for everything.
    I usually rotate things around when shows happen. Sometimes a couple of other times during the year too when I have time and the weather is agreeable.

Exactly the correct answer. I have 6 or 7 games always folded up. The lineup constantly changes every few months, when there’s a show, when someone wants to borrow/trade a game or when I sell or buy something.

Actually, does not happen much any more...

#20 3 months ago

i rent space at clutter.. 125 monthly 10 by 10 games come in and games come out.

#21 3 months ago

I started collecting arcade games and pinball machines soon followed but they were always so much more expensive than arcade games. A couple years ago, I finally started the full on transition to mostly pins. My basement can comfortably hold 20 pins, but I certainly want more than that. I have a 4 bedroom home with only 1 kiddo still living at home, so I have definitely given some thought of an upstairs auxiliary gameroom or maybe storing some up there. I say go for it.

#22 3 months ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Silly?? I excavated my House to get more games in!!!

haha! I'll dovetail onto this.

We sold our house and are in the process of building a new house just to fit more games. The designer even called it the "Pinball Room" in our house plans.

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 7.33.32 PM (resized).png

#23 3 months ago
    Quoted from MEuRaH:

We sold our house and are in the process of building a new house just to fit more games. The designer even called it the "Pinball Room" in our house plans.
    [quoted image]

Nice! Word of advise. Whatever the layout double it paper is cheaper then walls lol. Good luck on your new home.

#24 3 months ago
    49muwk (resized).jpg
    #25 89 days ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

And hopefully by the time your kids grow to 6 and 14 they might appreciate some game time with dad which would solve the whole issue. Always loved playing against my kids.

If his kids are currently age 3 and 7, they will never grow together to be 6 and 14.

Their ages do not double proportionately.

#26 89 days ago
    Quoted from RTS:

If his kids are currently age 3 and 7, they will never grow together to be 6 and 14.

Lol your right. Maybe subliminally I was trying to get him to take my kids. Lol

#27 89 days ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol your right. Maybe subliminally I was trying to get him to take my kids. Lol

I think it's time for some coffee

#28 89 days ago
    Quoted from MEuRaH:

[quoted image]

Your drawing should say “Future Pinball Room” instead of “Unfinished Basement”

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 7.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 126.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Creo Pinball
    $ 269.99
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 74.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pin Monk
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside