Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is “story” important to you?”

• Story doesn’t matter 13 votes
      48%
    • Give me more story 14 votes
      52%

(27 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Paths.png
    2gwdgs (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

As someone who'd never seen either movie, I thought BSD and Tommy did a pretty good job of giving me an (incorrect, it turns out) feel for what the story was.

One time I pictured a game in a generic fantasy setting where the whole playfield (flippers to shots) was a big map with lights under each location, and you could navigate across the map, going to different cities, etc through your shots. Part way though you could get ambushed by bandits, etc.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

What if someone made a game with no points at all? A game where you progress through chapters of a story and have variations of outcomes depending on your performance. I would find that refreshing.

Often my friends and I mix it up by playing games just for number of modes (either completed or started, depending on the game, but you're not allowed to time them out). Seems to work just fine. Score is the tie breaker.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

True, but i'd rather play an intense game of Robotron 2084, than sit for hours and stare at a TV screen reading dialogue.
    And I was a video game kid from the 1990s.
    Certainly, video games have evolved, but there is a reason why the classics still hold their own.
    I'm an on-the-go, working class father. For the most part, I like my games and pins quick and brutal.

And there's a reason new types developed as well. People like different things, amazing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/room-for-storytelling-in-pinball?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.