Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by viperrwk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I am new at this but I just bought a 1979 Flash pinball and have been having a great time playing it, working on it and learning.

Most everything is working well and I have been fixing things as I go but now my #'s on the backboard have all went crazy on me. On scores as well as ball in play, etc. a 1 looks like a 4, a 5 looks like a 9 extra. Any idea what I have done to make my numbers screwy? They looked fine before but I have been working on several things so I may have hit a wrong button.

thanks for any help

#2 11 years ago

you should re-check every connectors.

#3 11 years ago

just like previous post said, reseat your connectors on the displays and see if it helps

#4 11 years ago

I have been through what I think is all of them several times just pushing on them to make sure they are connected good but it is weird that it just started all of a sudden.

#5 11 years ago

Welcome to pinside Dutch. You came to the right place. Fear not help is right around the corner. Have you been here? Section 4.11 should get you fixed up.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_System_3_-_7

#6 11 years ago

dont just push on them, take them off and put them back on

#7 11 years ago

Okay, I have removed and reseated all connectors but still have the same issue. 5's look like 9's, 1's look like 4's, etc. It is on all four player game displays as well as the ball in play and credit displays. I went to the link provided but it appears that is way over my head. I will read through again and see if I can digest it.

#8 11 years ago

Latest finding. If I disconnect each display connector 1-4 and play one display at a time, 3 and 4 will work and I can even have 3 and 4 connected at the same time and they both work. In each case the ball in play display still shows the weird #'s. No sequence allows screen 1 or 2 to display proper #'s.

Thanks for any ideas someone may have but I think this one is out of my league

#9 11 years ago

Latest from the rookie. If I move players displays 1 and 2 to the connectors for 3 and 4 they both check out fine but when I move the displays from players 3 and 4 to the connectors for 1 and 2 they both show incorrect # display. The ball in play # continues to show incorrectly. Unless someone has any ideas, I am assuming I have to get a new master display board

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from dutchhoosier:

Latest from the rookie. If I move players displays 1 and 2 to the connectors for 3 and 4 they both check out fine but when I move the displays from players 3 and 4 to the connectors for 1 and 2 they both show incorrect # display. The ball in play # continues to show incorrectly. Unless someone has any ideas, I am assuming I have to get a new master display board

14543 decoder on the right side of the MDB needs to be replaced:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repairing-williams-sys-3-6-master-display-board-a-shotgun-guide-w-pix-long

viperrwk

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rookie-needs-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.