4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by adol75
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I found a couple of pinball machines I'd love to get my hands on. What's the best way to pay, or should I say protect my money? Could use advice on how to ship it "only 2,000 miles" across the country into Canada! Thanks to all in advance!

#2 4 years ago

Let's start here first.
    Are you buying from someone on pinside?

#3 4 years ago

This is long, but the first few pages are the most relevant. Best guide out there. Read it, understand that there is always risk unless you can drive yourself to the game, play it, and put cash on the glass! I've had games shipped - it's usually fine, as most pinsiders here understand that they need to keep up their reputation as a seller/buyer (yes even buyers need a good rep). Sometimes something goes wrong. It sucks, good reason to get insurance. Depends on how badly you want a particular game. If a seller won't negotiate, be a little cautious. Most will give you a little break if you have to ship, etc. But not everybody - it's not good or bad, just is.

#4 4 years ago

Are you after a very specific title, or open to a few different ones? Winnipeg has a pretty healthy pinball scene, so you might be able to find a pin you're after that you can actually see and play before buying. It would also save you shipping costs, and if the game is coming from the states, border taxes. I'm not trying to scare you off from having a game shipped to you though, I know lots of people who have successfully had games shipped to them. Just thought I'd mention the local part as something to give thought to too.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Moonlight:

I found a couple of pinball machines I'd love to get my hands on. What's the best way to pay, or should I say protect my money? Could use advice on how to ship it "only 2,000 miles" across the country into Canada! Thanks to all in advance!

I think your best shot is to buy from a Pinside user, who's been around, has a bunch of games and sold a bunch of them too. It's your best way to make sure the description fits the reality and that the game has been properly maintained and played.

As to shipping there are some trusted services too that have a track record in transporting these heavy but fragile machines.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rookie-buyer-need-insight-?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.