Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Bmanpin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

04202505-76E7-4A0B-8D16-206A4392D8F8 (resized).jpeg
    large (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bengarce277:

Hello all, I’ve always wanted a pinball machine and I was hoping for your help.
    Anytime I see one, I play, but I haven’t had enough time or variety to figure out which one I would love enough and can afford to have at home. (<$3000)
    Of course gameplay is a priority, but I am also interested in artwork. I’ve read that most of the community does not like Gottlieb, but it seems that they have some of the best artwork to me.
    I typically do not like most of the sports, movies, and tv show themed pins, with the rare exception of Jurassic Park and Bram Stoker’s Dracula Pin to name a few. I tend to gravitate towards original themes based on sci fi and monsters. I really like Grogur, Firepower, space invaders , sorcerer, and elecktra’s artwork that is currently affordable on this marketplace.
    If you have any suggestions that fall into these parameters, please let me know. I’m inexperienced to most of this world, but I’m willing to learn.
    Fun to play
    Artwork
    Sci fi/ monster / original themed
    <$3000
    Thank you

Best advice I have for you is to not be picky with your first game. Get whatever is in your budget and seems like a fair deal. Need to really find out if you’re okay with the maintenance and upkeep side of owning a game. If you’re not, it can get crazy expensive really quick (if you can find a good tech in your area).

Pick the game up in person, inspect it top to bottom before taking it home. Bring a friend to help you move it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rookie-advice?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.