8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Crispin
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9606_(resized).JPG
    IMG_9605_(resized).JPG
    IMG_9604_(resized).JPG
    IMG_9603_(resized).JPG
    IMG_9602_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nyp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I did plenty of research on this site and elsewhere to figure out what kind of rotisserie I wanted to build as I do lots of restorations and wanted to make sure it fit my needs. It had to have a few things, wheels, to be able to roll it around. Adjustable for all size playfields, have used it for WPC standard and wide playfields ranging from Safecracker to STTNG, system 11's and all other sizes. I made it so it's adjustable from width and length and made sure nothing sticks out to bump into while your working around it. The height is also adjustable depending on whether your sitting on a stool or standing. I also made sure it's sturdy which it is, very sturdy and I put locking wheels to keep it from moving around. I also wanted it to hold a playfield complete without having to remove any parts to mount it, I leave the apron off by choice but it will even work with the apron installed.

But the best part for me is that I'm able to work on the playfield while it's plugged into the game so I can tweak everything on the rotisserie and not in the cabinet. I had an old pincart that I sacrificed for the rotisserie because I had it and it seemed to make sense, I added the wood shelf to keep tools and parts on and glad I did, comes in handy. The swivels lock from both ends and the P.F spins very easy, over-all I wouldn't change a thing and have used it for about a year now and did about 6 playfields. I used tight tolerance telescopic tubing, bought a cheap engine stand off the internet and cut it all up and had a welder assemble it for me under my supervision. I painted it all in hammerite paint to finish it off. Hope this helps gives others some feedback while building their own.

I don't plan on going into the rotisserie building business but here's some pics of the high speed I just finished. I posted a few pics and the original engine stand I started with, which I sliced and diced up so much there wasn't much left of the original design. Here's the engine stand I started with: ebay.com link: K L Supply MC25 Metric Engine Stand 37 9352

IMG_9602_(resized).JPGIMG_9602_(resized).JPG
    IMG_9603_(resized).JPGIMG_9603_(resized).JPG
    IMG_9604_(resized).JPGIMG_9604_(resized).JPG
    IMG_9605_(resized).JPGIMG_9605_(resized).JPG
    IMG_9606_(resized).JPGIMG_9606_(resized).JPG

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Wow very nice! That's the nicest one I have ever seen! Built with allot in mind great job. Now
    I need 1 thanks! The job has been started! Parts order and now to find out how each part will fit together is on.
    I can see in price that this little guy would cost some minor bucks to build. However, one thing is if you do not have a pin dolly
    which in the photo is an older 1 price check the heck out of them as you will see a huge cost difference. I am going to find away to make it an add on (like bolt in place) so I do not need a third pin dolly. Not sure if you did yours that way...
    Thanks for the idea this has always bugged me.

Yah once you ad up the engine mount, extra tubing (metric) , cost of welder and pin dolly it ads up, it's good if you have an old pin dolly around. I used metric tubing to get a tighter fit on the telescoping pieces. I guess there might be a way to make it easier to take it off the dolly but I just used 4 pinball leg bolts as I don't plan on taking the rotisserie off the dolly. Not a cheap method but I wanted to do this once and keep it for a long time, so far it has made my life much easier and I wonder how I ever worked on pins without a rotisserie. In the back of my mind I was going to incorporate a ceiling hoist to get it in & out of the cabinet which is another reason I thought the dolly would be helpful but I never got to the hoist part of the project.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nyp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rons-rotisserie?tu=nyp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.