New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 279649)

Ron Webb Centigrade 37 Backglass Quality Problem

By JethroP

49 days ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by pinhead52
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201128_153423_resized (resized).jpg
20160708212822890 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead52.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 47 days ago
Quoted from JethroP:

This confirms the same size as my original glass .... 22" high. But the one I received is 3/16" oversized.
Thank you for confirming the size of your glass. I believe the glass I received is clearly not within spec.

I had the same issue with an Abra glass (Ive actually got a c37 glass I havnt even removed from the box). Had to take the vent cover strip out of the head, shave it with my belt sander and put it back in to gain the clearance. I'll pop open my c37 and measure it for you, Im sure the run of 30 glasses were all the same. (Minor plug, if anybody has a c37 that needs restoration I have a pf an bg waiting)

Ken

#12 47 days ago
Quoted from gpa_joe:

I assume Ron is using tempered glass. If it is not tempered take it to a glass shop and have them cut it . If it is tempered continue reading.Many years ago I had a similar problem with a Tempered Gorgar Glass. At the time it was a limited production run and they were all sold out with no more to be made.The gentleman that sold me the glass told me to take it to a local glass shop and have them grind/polish the excess off. I was afraid of the outcome but it was pretty much a no loose because if it worked the gentleman would refund the cost of the repair and if it didn’t he would refund the cost of the glass or I could just send it back for a refund. I really wanted the glass so I found a shop that could do the job. Fortunately all went well no damage and the glass fit when the job was done . Maybe you can work a similar deal with Ron?
Good luck.

its tempered... I just measured my new ron glass at 22 and 1/8th.

If you (try to) return the glass you will be hard pressed to find another...

ken

1 month later
#14 5 days ago

Yea Ron now has the glass discounted on his webb (pun) site. I just installed the too tall glass in a game I acquired for a client (a differe3nt glass just received 22 3/16). Wouldnt initially fit. Took a 3" putty knife, popped out the vent cover strip, hit it with my belt sander to remove approx a 1/16th of an inch, reinstalled with my long nosed staple gun, then dropped in the new glass (did add new velcro loop to the two stops). Beautiful, about ten minutes to accomplish but of course Ive done this once or twice before (and Im no spring chicken).

If you look very closely and are a true nit picker you's say the reels are too low in the windows. Another trick I do is to glue in a pop-cycle stick into the base thus moving the lightboard up an 1/8 of an inch. But really not needed in this case.

Keep those glasses coming Ron Webb!

20201128_153423_resized (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mentor, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 59.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
$ 39.95
Electronics
Docent Electronics
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 349.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 79.00
Playfield - Other
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead52.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside