Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by meSz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0511 (resized).JPG
IMG_0525 (resized).JPG
IMG_0521 (resized).JPG
IMG_0522 (resized).JPG
IMG_0523 (resized).JPG
IMG_0524 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Hi All,

I have a Chicago Cubs Triple Play pin that I bought as a project. With help from the forum community, I have got it fully functioning. However, as I started working on cleaning the pin, I became more dissatisfied/frustrated with the playfield. It wasn't horrible but, it does have some planking, wear spots around the pop bumpers and out hole. I started to look for a replacement. Ron posted that he had one for sale and I quickly contacted him. He agreed to do some touching up, clear coat, and dimple.

The playfield arrived today and I feel like a kid at Christmas. It came packed in a wood carte with ample packing material and was in great condition. As far as the quality of the playfiled goes, WOW just WOW. Ron's work far exceeded my expectations. It is a work of art. I have attached a few pictures. Please excuse the quality of the pictures. I took these with my phone. Please believe me when I say that the pictures do not do this playfield justice and it is simply amazing in person. The surface is so smooth and reflective that getting a picture without a bright spot or my ugly mug in it was challenging .

I found Ron to be pleasant and helpful. Not only did he provide a fabulous product but, he has taken the time to provide tips on performing a playfield swap and working with clear coating. Definetly worth the price and wait.

I am extremely happy and satisfied with the playfield and would not hesitate to work with Ron on a future project.

Regards,
Phil

IMG_0524 (resized).JPG

IMG_0523 (resized).JPG

IMG_0522 (resized).JPG

IMG_0521 (resized).JPG

IMG_0525 (resized).JPG

IMG_0511 (resized).JPG

#2 3 years ago

I seen this PF in person, you are correct, pics don't do it justice. Ron is a stand up guy!

#3 3 years ago

Pleasant and helpful? come on man

#4 3 years ago

I found him to be pleasant and he has been helpful. Hopefully your comment was in jest.

#5 3 years ago

He's just busting Ron's balls as some of us who know him like to do and don't think he doesn't give it right back and definitely another fantastic playfield by the k-man

#6 3 years ago

Paul holds a grudge because. Of that unpleasantness that happened with his younger sister.
I said I would pay half the doctor bill.

#7 3 years ago

Bahahaha, are you Jack the Ripper???

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from BleacherBum:

I found Ron to be pleasant and helpful.

I think you forgot the "UN" in front of the words pleasant and helpful!!!

Quoted from kruzman:

Paul holds a grudge because. Of that unpleasantness that happened with his younger sister.
I said I would pay half the doctor bill.

Ron, I think he was expecting you to drive her too!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.40
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 29.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 170.96
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 29.95
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside