6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

roman-glass-logo-wb (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

Dear all,

I´m more than happy to say that Tommy from Nitro Amusements is another trusted source for my anti-reflective glass in North America from now on.
    Together with Joey from Pinball Decals Inc. (PDI) the community will have an additional access for the product.
    Especially shows will be covered better.
    The next stop from Tommy is the Nortwest Pinball and Arcade Show June 9-11, Tacoma Convention Center.
    Please get in touch with him if you require further information.

Roman

#2 6 years ago

Great News!!! Thanks!!!!!

#6 6 years ago

That's awesome news that we have our own distro here in the Great White North now!!

#7 6 years ago

Please bring one for me to NWPAS. Wish we got Euro pricing, but this beats the other stuff which is just as pricey...

#8 6 years ago

Any quantity discounts? All of us in Seattle are going to group together and make one order, ha...

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Please bring one for me to NWPAS. Wish we got Euro pricing, but this beats the other stuff which is just as pricey...

This price point is less than all other non-reflective glass available in North America.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Any quantity discounts? All of us in Seattle are going to group together and make one order, ha...

Sorry, it's already priced as low as possible.

#11 6 years ago

Is shipping possible?
    If not, do you have a list of shows that you are planning on attending (or normally attend each year)?

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

This price point is less than all other non-reflective glass available in North America.

Sold! I'll take one. Can you reserve one at the show for me to pick up?

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

Is shipping possible?
    If not, do you have a list of shows that you are planning on attending (or normally attend each year)?

Please note: this is a special "Show Price". We will post additional shows Nitro be attending with Roman Glass.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Sold! I'll take one. Can you reserve one at the show for me to pick up?

Done!

#15 6 years ago

This is the only US show we attend with Roman Glass.

#16 6 years ago

Please note: this is a special "Show Price". Shipping is not available. This is the only US show we attend with Roman Glass.

Well, so much for all that hype that was being pushed saying there would be an alternative to buying from PDI soon, unless there's something else in the works for "not canada".

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from MagicJumpi:

anti-reflective glass in North America

Far North America....?

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Well, so much for all that hype that was being pushed saying there would be an alternative to buying from PDI soon, unless there's something else in the works for "not canada".

Any ideas or suggestions ?
    Many vendors carry other glass and don´t want to carry two products of a kind.
    I understand your frustration but you need two parties to get started.

#19 6 years ago

If someone is going to the show and is willing to pick me up one for my BK and ship to me then send me a PM. I know it is a long shot but hey, what the heck.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from MagicJumpi:

My best idea is to find the people that want to make some money and set up bulk orders for shows close to them. Obviously, if Marco or PBL wanted to deal with carrying the stuff they'd already have been talking to you, so I don't think we can necessarily depend on our vendors to make this one happen. I have no idea what your minimum is, what the cost to the seller is, if it's an entire pallet, or if that somehow violates your agreements with PDI. Without that information it's almost pointless for me to speculate who might be able to do anything.

There's no point into me going into detail with the reasons that I will not ever buy anything from PDI, as it's got nothing to do with their service or a screwed up order or anything like that. I don't need to convince anyone else if they want to order from them or not..I frankly don't care. It's my personal choice...but as a result I can't get your glass, which kinda blows. I had a sheet of JJP's stuff that I had on a prior game but it got sold with the game...I really liked it, but again... my preference is to support the original product, not the knock-off, so if I can find some way to do that.....I would. If not...then I just won't have premium glass on any of my games.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from MagicJumpi:

Try non-Stern affiliated pinball vendors such as Comet and Titan. Perhaps one of them would be interested.

#22 6 years ago

$225 USD - Cash & Carry

insane price for the best glass around.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

My best idea is to find the people that want to make some money and set up bulk orders for shows close to them. Obviously, if Marco or PBL wanted to deal with carrying the stuff they'd already have been talking to you, so I don't think we can necessarily depend on our vendors to make this one happen. I have no idea what your minimum is, what the cost to the seller is, if it's an entire pallet, or if that somehow violates your agreements with PDI. Without that information it's almost pointless for me to speculate who might be able to do anything.
    There's no point into me going into detail with the reasons that I will not ever buy anything from PDI, as it's got nothing to do with their service or a screwed up order or anything like that. I don't need to convince anyone else if they want to order from them or not..I frankly don't care. It's my personal choice...but as a result I can't get your glass, which kinda blows. I had a sheet of JJP's stuff that I had on a prior game but it got sold with the game...I really liked it, but again... my preference is to support the original product, not the knock-off, so if I can find some way to do that.....I would. If not...then I just won't have premium glass on any of my games.

Marco is too close to Atlanta where PDI is located and they sell Stern´s HD Glass already. I assume that Marco is in the same kind of a political situation with Stern like Terry. Some may call it a dilemma.
    Thank you for your thoughts anyway.
    Here´s a deal I´d like to offer especially to you Frax so you don`t need to fight against your intrapersonal conflicts or your personal conviction.
    I´m still looking for one sheet of Stern´s HD Glass which is not available here in Germany.
    You buy one sheet of Stern´s HD Glass and ship it to me (I´ll pay the shipping charges to Germany via USPS).
    In return I´ll ship one of my sheets back to you (I pay the shipping charges back to the US).
    What say you ?

Quoted from DCFAN:

Try non-Stern affiliated pinball vendors such as Comet and Titan. Perhaps one of them would be interested.

Thank you for your advice

#24 6 years ago

It would be tits if some of this glass showed up at this year's PAGG. My TZ and GB could use a sheet on each.

#25 6 years ago

That's not America. FYI: that's Canada
    The Great White Hype!

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

The Great White Hype!

He will be selling it in Seattle (Tacoma actually), so... that's close enough for me. Otherwise, let's go to another technicality...

A little geography lesson from wikipedia for the USA-centrists...

The Americas (also collectively called America) encompass the totality of the continents of North America and South America. Together they make up most of the land in Earth's western hemisphere and comprise the New World.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

The Great White Hype!

To be fair it did say North America...which last I checked includes Canada.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

To be fair it did say North America...which last I checked includes Canada.

Ok far North America. Need to find a vendor that does the Chicago and TPF shows. I know he's had the opportunities to do so, but passed it up.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Ok far North America. Need to find a vendor that does the Chicago and TPF shows. I know he's had the opportunities to do so, but passed it up.

Might have been a contractual thing with PDI...we might not ever know, as I doubt Joey would want the terms of their agreements laid bare lol..

If I had the capital and a some storage space, I'd deal with TPF myself, but I have neither of those things. I also saw what happened when one of our local guys bought a pallet of REGULAR pinball glass and all the hoops he had to jump through to get people to pick it up and to get the rest sold, so I can understand why not many places want to take it on. I just don't want to buy anything from PDI given a choice....enough that I'm willing to wait until there's another choice available. =Þ

#30 6 years ago

Abbotsford, home of where most North American airport baggage trolley trailers are made. At Magnum Trailer & Equipment Co. Ltd.

Good people there.....

#31 6 years ago

Bottom line, there are still limited options for Roman's glass

#32 6 years ago

Will you have any widebody sheets at the show? (IJ)

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from bitternerd:

Will you have any widebody sheets at the show? (IJ)

Currently sold out of widebody. Will be available on the next shipment.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawknole:

Bottom line, there are still limited options for Roman's glass

We're looking into shipping throughout North America. As well as discount cash & carry pricing at a few more pinball shows.

#35 6 years ago

Currently sold out of widebody. Will be available on the next shipment.

How about Safe Cracker size? Any chance of getting one of those sometime?

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

How about Safe Cracker size? Any chance of getting one of those sometime?

I got the only one from the last shipment

#37 6 years ago

$225 USD - Cash & Carry

WOW. Incredible price on the best playfield glass period. I paid close to $300 a sheet for mine and it was worth it at that price. I love the stuff and have been boring Pinside about it for years.

Congratulations to Nitro Amusements.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

I got the only one from the last shipment

You mean a shipment to Nitro recently? Lucky you!

Not a problem though, I like to spread out the goodies, I'll get mine later if not sooner...

#39 6 years ago

We're looking into shipping throughout North America. As well as discount cash & carry pricing at a few more pinball shows.

Great, please PM me if so. Thanks.

#40 6 years ago

Pinburgh would be a nice one to attend

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

Pinburgh would be a nice one to attend

+1

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

You mean a shipment to Nitro recently? Lucky you!
    Not a problem though, I like to spread out the goodies, I'll get mine later if not sooner...

Yes,they brought in a shipment for Yegpin here this month.
    Forklift could barely get the glass off the truck
    We still have lots left here for sale,regular only I think.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roman%c2%b4s-glass-announcement-nitro-amusements-joins-the-team?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.