(Topic ID: 122973)

Rollovers not always tripping their relays (Sing Along)

By gottguy

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by gottguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gottguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

On my Sing Along a couple of the # rollovers will sound the bell but the associated relay won't trip. This only happens randomly.Ive cleaned the rollover contacts but it persists. I can't get it to replicate by hand. Weak relay coils maybe? Weak spring?

#3 9 years ago

Its a latch type relay that trips and stays that way until the next game...if it sounded the bell it would stay locked on I would think. I think the bell is fired along a path off the rollover switch.

#4 9 years ago

The bell rings whether or not the relay unlatches. I can hear the coil firing when going over a rollover even when it fails to trip. It appears the coil is unable to pull the latch in fully or the spring is weak

#5 9 years ago

Maybe the coil isnt getting a long or strong enough pulse

#9 9 years ago

Red #2 rollover did it once today. It also happens occasionally to the red #3 standup target and the white #3 standup target. For example...the ball hits the rollover or target, the bell works and the associated relay coil in the bank buzzes but the bank relay for thst numb
ber doesnt unlatch. If I activate by hand it will trip the relay for that target or rollover every time. Its like the ball hitting it isnt keeping it energized quite long enough or the trip coil is too weak

#11 9 years ago

It works almost all the time. When it doesnt is when the ball is involved. The relay coil fires but not enough to trip the relay so that the rollover lite goes out and turns on the one by the kickout hole...wont unlatch the bank relay

#12 9 years ago

Cleaned and gapped rollover switches, Its as if the coil is too weak to trip relay ...doesnt do it consistently

#13 9 years ago

Yes scoring normally

#16 9 years ago

Always works by hand....usually by ball...tried closer gap...will test coils next. Maybe latch is sticking

#18 9 years ago

It did/does to me too...I will revisit it again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Birmingham, AL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gottguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rollovers-not-always-tripping-their-relays-sing-along?tu=gottguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.