3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Geofflove
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D68E087D-5D72-491B-8540-0A1B534E6475 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

I have a Spanish eyes which has 4 plastic rollover switches. 3 are fine but one, when activated, seems to go in too far meaning occasionally the ball gets hung up in the ‘dip’. Is there a way of adjusting these so they don’t depress quite so far?

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from Geofflove:

Is there a way of adjusting these so they don’t depress quite so far?

(edit) Missed the part about 'plastic'

#3 3 years ago

OP must be referring to the orange button rollovers.

No, they should not depress below the playfield surface. The only adjustment is the switch leaf contact tension. Is the bottom part(s) missing or broken? You can compare with the three working ones.
    D68E087D-5D72-491B-8540-0A1B534E6475 (resized).jpegD68E087D-5D72-491B-8540-0A1B534E6475 (resized).jpeg

#4 3 years ago

Thanks. Mine is the one of the left in diagram. I’ve not taken it apart as the star washer holding it was very tight and I worried about snapping the plastic. Will need to try again. I’m wondering if the sleeve inside is broken as the button seems a little more wobbly than the others. Maybe I need to try to source a new one.

#5 3 years ago

PBR sells the button/stem portion, but I’m not seeing the base portion on his website.

http://www.pbresource.com/rollobut.htm

#6 3 years ago

I would take a close look at the mounting of the switch under the playfield. It may not be flush with the wood. It is very easy for the screw holes to end up with splintered wood around them that causes the base to not sit flush. I’m the process of removing and replacing these, I often have to scrape around the screw holes to remove the burrs. Strike zone had 10 of these suckers and triple strike has 13, so I’ve spent way too much time with these switches

Dave

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from dgAmpGuy:

I would take a close look at the mounting of the switch under the playfield. It may not be flush with the wood. It is very easy for the screw holes to end up with splintered wood around them that causes the base to not sit flush. I’m the process of removing and replacing these, I often have to scrape around the screw holes to remove the burrs. Strike zone had 10 of these suckers and triple strike has 13, so I’ve spent way too much time with these switches
    Dave

Thanks. I’ll take a look....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rollover-switch-adjustment and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.