• Latest reply 7 years ago by pinbrick
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zFlip-Flop-Work-1 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I have been addressing various playfield issues on my Bally Flip-Flop. Presently the four lower Rollover lanes no longer respond when the ball rolls over the wire. Switches are clean and properly adjusted. On occasion I hear a clicking sound when the ball rolls over the wire. But in general, no chimes, no points, just silence. In contrast, the Star rollover buttons just below the lanes function normally. All wires, fuses, Jones plugs appear to be fine. I do have the schematic but am unsure what to look for in resolving this. Any direction would be appreciated. Thank you!

#2 7 years ago

it sounds like the assoc relay is closing, but no power moving forward. is this a 1,10,100 point rollover?
look on the schematic for the point coil involved, follow it backwards to the switches.
if that checks out, follow the power line through the switch on the coil from the power source, to the score portion

#3 7 years ago

Hi pinbrick
the word "ALL" (four Rollover-Lanes) do not respond: I suspect that "Wire-Yellow connecting to one such switch and then wire hopping to next such switch etc. - Wire-Yellow has broken-off. See my JPG:

There is a (marked "blue") "Cam 12 Relay" - it is pulling or it is not pulling depending on the Score-Motor. Marked "orange": the Self-Hold-Switch on 500-Relay and ... on 5000-Relay. Question: WHAT happens when You press and let go the armature (anchor plate) of these relays ? Do You get the points on the Score-Dums ?

Marked "red": Switches that may be faulty. Marked "light-green and dark-green": Wiring that may be faulty.

Marked "yellow": Thats what I assume: A broken connection to "Wire-YELLOW all around in the pin". Greetings Rolf

zFlip-Flop-Work-1 (resized).jpgzFlip-Flop-Work-1 (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

BRiILLIANT! Indeed, 500 point relay switches faulty prevented Rollover lanes from producing points. These are 500 point features. I never associated the point relays to the playfield until now. Consider this issue resolved. Thank you Rolf!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rollover-lanes-do-nothing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.