(Topic ID: 1980)

Rollover Button Pops Out Onto the Playing Field

By firebird

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider firebird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 13 years ago

I have a Stern Stars. The orange bonus button in the center is broken and has decided to start popping up and out into the playfield when the ball rolls over it. What's the solution?

#3 13 years ago

Dang, you are on to things. Thanks.

#5 13 years ago

Probably cheaper to buy the place then the pinball machine. They open pretty late in the day, like 6 on the weekend. The star lock washers look like they are still in place under the switch. they haven't fallen into the cabinet.

#7 13 years ago

Okay wait. It's worse than I thought. I found a part in the cabinet. The shaft is broken and the washer with a little piece of broken shaft was in the cabinet under the chimes. Part 3a is still under the switch but 17a fell into the cabinet with a little piece of the shaft stuck in it. The shaft of the button itself is the broken part. You were right. I was confusing where the base was.

Yeah, they could turn it into a bar because it's close to Chilkoot Charlie's, but it has only a beer and wine license. I have thought of what it would be like to turn it into a retro arcade with a beer license. But because of the full kitchen in the back, I don't think so. It's just too small. A storefront in the building that houses Sugarspoon across the street would make a better arcade. Someone told me that the Plato's Closet/Brown Jug right up from there was an arcade called SpaceStation.

#10 13 years ago

Thanks for you help sealclubber. I'll order a couple of them. I have a "make do" for now without the button actually working. I'm surprised how one tiny change can alter the entire play of the pinball machine. It gives me respect for original parts and restoration in general. While I'm ordering parts....got another question in case I need to order another part and can do it all at once. The countdown chime sequence at the end of the ball, where it racks up the bonus, worked fine for a couple of weeks. One day it stopped working, except one time a couple of weeks ago it worked. After I turned it off that one time it never worked after that. I'm wondering what that might be. I'm not really fixated on it though because it doesn't affect game play.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider firebird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rollover-button-pops-out-onto-the-playing-field?tu=firebird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.