• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
haterade1.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I was browsing through Stern's website today looking at their past games and looked to find that Avatar and Rolling Stones were both quietly retired from the production line. Looks like currently Stern's production line consists only of Transformers, AC/DC, X-Men, and Transformers Pin.

http://sternpinball.com/Games.aspx

#2 11 years ago

Looks like tron didn't make the list either...
But their still making those

#3 11 years ago

I wonder why Stern won't disclose their production numbers. I am interested in such things.

#4 11 years ago

My first thought was RIP.

#5 11 years ago

Rest in pieces Rolling Stones. No more of those pieces of crap plaguing locations.

#6 11 years ago

A lone tear rolled down my face

#7 11 years ago

Out of production?

Those games will be $10,000.00 by Christmas.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I wonder why Stern won't disclose their production numbers.

Probably because they are pathetic. I thought those two went out of production a while ago.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Probably because they are pathetic. I thought those two went out of production a while ago.

You know what I'd do with a million dollars?

#10 11 years ago

Two chicks at the same time, man!

#11 11 years ago

Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I were a millionaire I could hook that up, too; 'cause chicks dig dudes with money.

#12 11 years ago

Rest in pieces Rolling Stones. No more of those pieces of crap plaguing locations.

Here, have a cool glass of
haterade1.jpghaterade1.jpg

#13 11 years ago

Yep

image.jpgimage.jpg

#14 11 years ago

This can only mean one thing; they ran out of popsicle sticks to hold up the plastic cutout Stones dudes!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I wonder why Stern won't disclose their production numbers. I am interested in such things.

It's a privately held company, it's their right, mystery helps build mystique.

#16 11 years ago

I still see a lot of Avatar NIB for sale, so I am imaging they don't need any more manufactured. Actually I was hoping a used Pro would hit the market at some point; at $3k I'd be a buyer, good bang-for-buck. But all I see for sale are LEs.

Reading some old threads and seeing NIB Diner and some other really old machine,s I wonder what the distributors do with machines that don't sell for what they have in them. Do they just hold on to them or accept lower prices? Seems like a waste to hold on to inventory on games that aren't pricing well like Avatar.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I still see a lot of Avatar NIB for sale, so I am imaging they don't need any more manufactured. Actually I was hoping a used Pro would hit the market at some point; at $3k I'd be a buyer, good bang-for-buck. But all I see for sale are LEs.
Reading some old threads and seeing NIB Diner and some other really old machine,s I wonder what the distributors do with machines that don't sell for what they have in them. Do they just hold on to them or accept lower prices? Seems like a waste to hold on to inventory on games that aren't pricing well like Avatar.

There was an Avatar Pro (not NIB) that sat on our local craiglist at $3k for about a month. That was about 2 months ago.

My thought is that many Avatar Pro's might still be out on route as it was only released in 2010. LEs went to mostly private collectors, of course.

I will also be in the market for a Pro once a few more come off route.

#18 11 years ago

I don't know man. Rules Rules Rules. It all boils down to rules. When you know the rules balls to bones, provided their decent, every pin is fun. I think Avatar is fun and challenging and I don't even know alot of the rules.I know almost noie for TRS and that's a big part of why I get bored easily. I've heard the rules are actually pretty decent. And, hand in hand, knowing the rules well probably means you've played the game more often, which is also mandatory for having a responsible opinion on the game. You can say it sucks after 5 plays, but should anyone actually respect that opinion? I think if either of these games had a second ramp (and/or third flipper) we'd be speaking differently about them.

Case in point: CSI. This game has solid rules. Not terribly exciting or deep, but well thought out and intuitive. Satisfying. The game also has cool toys and really tough shots and can be ruthlessly unforgiving. It's a great challenge. And when you're cruising through the thing with purpose and hitting your shots, it's totally addictive, and has some of the most hectic multi-ball action I've ever experienced. This game is one ramp and a couple tweaks away from rarefied air.

#19 11 years ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rolling-stones-and-avatar-out-of-production and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.