Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Evan55
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I just read an article about E3 that mentioned Rollers of the Realm, which is coming out for the Playstation platform later this year. Looked at it online and it looks really interesting since it incorporates pinball into the storyline and gameplay. Check out the screen shots on the website: http://www.atlus.com/rollers/

As for me, pinball has officially begun to ruin my video game days just like video games destroyed pinball for me in the 80s. My Xbox One & 360 are very lonely...

#2 9 years ago

Not a fan of the theme, but if they can make other tables like this (wide open playfield with storyline and characters interacting), I might be.. Like maybe if there were a race track, and who you hit made an impact on who wins the race.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

pinball has officially begun to ruin my video game days just like video games destroyed pinball for me in the 80s. My Xbox One & 360 are very lonely

About the only game I invest time in is GTA.. sometimes to play missions, sometimes just to mess around as a giant sandbox. Only problem with GTA is it can easily suck a few hours out of you without even trying, and all you can think about is "I could have cleaned and probably LED'd an entire machine in the time I did absolutely nothing in GTA"

5 months later
    #3 9 years ago

http://store.steampowered.com/app/262470/

It's out. Anyone give it a try yet?

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

"I could have cleaned and probably LED'd an entire machine in the time I did absolutely nothing in GTA"

Don't ever feel guilty about blowing shit up for a few hours in GTA. Great stress reliever, and everyone needs veg time.

#6 9 years ago

Actually saw it on a news article today. At $10 on steam its probably worth a try.

#8 9 years ago

I'm going to pick it up on PS4 and will post back with a pinball fan's perspective.

#9 9 years ago

That's the community rating. IGN hasn't rated it yet.

#10 9 years ago

Oopsies! My bad...

#11 9 years ago

Sweet. Figured it what I'm doing today, was waiting for this to come out! Thanks for the reminder

#12 9 years ago

Anyone else been playing this? It's pretty darn good for $10.

3 weeks later
    #13 9 years ago

So I have played through the entire game up to the last boss battle and I thought I would post an update. I have found the game to be pretty enjoyable so far. Ball physics and table layouts are nothing like ZEN or PBA. It has a pretty big RPG side to the game. As you progress you earn gold and extra characters that have different abilities. Gold can be used to upgrade equipment. I think that anyone here that enjoys PBA or ZEN will probably find it pretty fun. Some of the "tables" are more enjoyable than others, but as you progress through the game it starts to get pretty challenging. I bought it for PS4, which at this point was a mistake. The final boss battles are kind of broken and were patched on the Steam version but the PS4 version still isn't patched. If you are going to buy it, get it on steam. All in all, it's not serious pinball, but it is a fun pinball-inspired game that pinball fans will probably enjoy.

#14 9 years ago

This looks fun. Reminds me of a better version the old 3D Ultra Pinball games.

dat physics engine... lol

#15 9 years ago

Man I played the crap out of Colony. =|

#16 9 years ago

I only ever had a demo. Was limited to 5 minutes or something. Played hours of it haha

#17 9 years ago

enjoyable game, indy game kind of feel.

only annoyance to me is that you can move the pinball mid flight with the stick

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rollers-of-the-realm-a-pinball-themed-video-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.