You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B706F1AE-4F77-44A5-87EB-EFABD7717639 (resized).jpeg
interconnect.jpg
7B83A452-ACBB-4655-A346-E52A427FDD6B (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Hi I got a Rollergames and the WILLIAMS lights in the bottom of the back box don’t turn on. The lights work fine when I send voltage to the board but I don’t know where to plug in the connector - it was plugged into the wrong place when I bought the game. Where do I plug this? Thanks!

7B83A452-ACBB-4655-A346-E52A427FDD6B (resized).jpeg7B83A452-ACBB-4655-A346-E52A427FDD6B (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago
interconnect.jpginterconnect.jpg
#3 3 years ago

Most likely to the inner connect board. To be sure you need to tell me how many wires/colors there are. How many spaces on the connector.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

[quoted image]

DumbAss thanks so much - my game doesn’t have a J20 connector - it’s just bare metal where the connector should be - super clean too like it was never there. Any idea if there’s something else I can do?

B706F1AE-4F77-44A5-87EB-EFABD7717639 (resized).jpegB706F1AE-4F77-44A5-87EB-EFABD7717639 (resized).jpeg
#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Txos:

dumbass thanks so much - my game doesn’t have a J20 connector - it’s just bare metal where the connector should be - super clean too like it was never there. Any idea if there’s something else I can do?
[quoted image]

It needs to be connected to J-13, right below R-13.

#6 3 years ago

Are you sure this interconnectboard is for a RollerGames ?

It should have a decal with a D-12185-576 D-12313-576 number.
If not, better do not use it before the big resistors have correct value, then you can install J20 and W13

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

Are you sure this interconnectboard is for a RollerGames ?
It should have a decal with a D-12185-576 number.
If not, better do not use it before the big resistors have correct value, then you can install J20 and W13

Beat me to it. I was about to ask for a picture of the board to make sure. I happen to have my Rollergames interconnect board nearby and I just looked. It has J20 installed.

150% agree with @zaza. The ceramic resistors values vary by game based on the number of flash lamps connected to the driver transistor. Of particular importance with Rollergames is that flash lamps in the insert (backbox) may or may not be installed depending on production time frame in the production run.

#8 3 years ago

The number is different. Looks like someone swapped the board. I’m in way over my head now! I can’t get half the backglass lights on or the WILLIAMS lights! Ugh.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Txos:

The number is different. Looks like someone swapped the board. I’m in way over my head now! I can’t get half the backglass lights on or the WILLIAMS lights! Ugh.

The number that matters is the "-576". If it's something other than that the it came from a different machine. The number will specify the original machine the board was configured for. There may also be a Williams sticker with the game number on it as well as the serial number. The game number should match the dash number of the board part number.

I make replacement interconnect boards. If you don't feel comfortable working on your board I'd be happy to build a board for you that is customized to Rollergames. Of course ... a new board does not necessarily solve any other problem that may not be related to the board.

You could also send the board off to a reputable repair person to change the configuration of the board you have. Personally ... I think that's less than ideal as it will be confusing being labeled from the factory for game A but actually configured with resistors for game B.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rollergames-williams-lights-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.