Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Hawk007
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
DSCN3014.JPG
DSCN3011.JPG
DSCN3013.JPG
DSCN3009.JPG
DSCN3008.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinheadpurdy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi, I got my first pin a few weeks ago and have been experiencing growing pains! It's had intermittent startup trouble - often it triggers the cabinet knocker and rarely it completely fills the score display fully. A couple times it has blown fuses for the flippers and poppers. I upgraded the Aux Power Board, but didn't seem to fix anything.

Now it has shut down the main phase of all the playfield lights. It seems to have a sub-circuit for accent flashes and that still works, but during idle and gameplay, the majority of bulbs do not light (figure-8, 'SKATE', WAR, 123, JET, jetways, ABC, pit lamps, WILLIAMS letters). Some of the bare bulbs, the jet bumper lights and the seven big red lights at the top still work. I have checked all the fuses with a multi meter and they check out OK. Any advice out there? Thanks!

DSCN3008.JPG

#4 5 years ago

Thanks, I did some further fuse checking and it seems that all the fuses on the main power board are giving fluctuating readings. Could main pwr brd fuses cause this problem?

#5 5 years ago

Hawk, what is "BR"? I am just checking for continuity on the fuses - is there a different setting I should be using?
DSCN3009.JPG

#8 5 years ago

Hi guys, thanks for getting back to me. Wolf - I'm definitely getting inconsistent beeps on several fuses on the main pwr brd - the fuses on the other boards give a healthy constant beep.

John - I had only done visual inspection on that separate fuse - I went to pull it to check it properly and it fell apart. Looks like I need to replace all these old fuses!!

While I've got you awesome dudes - I noticed some soot-like buildup under one of the flipper coils - could this be the cause of the flipper fuses blowing?

Also, I need to replace the 'extra ball' micro-switch and I have the part. I assume I need to solder the little resistor doo-dad back onto the new switch? Does the wiring look right on the micro-switch?DSCN3014.JPGDSCN3013.JPG
DSCN3011.JPG

#11 5 years ago

Thanks guys! This info should certainly get me going in the right direction. Steve - at first I didn't pull the fuses and got false readings, then I did pull the fuses and several of them from the main pwr brd are fluctuating continuity (the beep cuts in and out). Seems weird - I would think that they are either blown or not, but I will assume they are faulty and replace them when I get more fuses. THANKS!! Pinsiders rule!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Boards
PinSound
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oak Brook, IL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
Professor Pinball
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinheadpurdy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside