Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RGLockPlastic_copy.jpg
IMG_20130920_181502_481.jpg
image.jpg
RG_info_cards.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I recently got a Williams Rollergames machine and the plastics are in pretty bad shape...as is the rest of the machine. Any advice on where to get the plastics? I checked Parts4Pinballs, MacroSpecialties, ebay, best of pinball, PinballLife, etc. with no luck. Any leads anyone has would be appreciated!

#2 11 years ago

Good luck. Not an easy thing to find. Your best bet is probably to watch eBay.

There isn't enough demand for anyone to consider reproducing them IMO.

#3 11 years ago

That's what I thought, thanks for the info.

If anyone has some please message me, I would like to buy!

5 months later
#4 10 years ago

I am looking for the one right above the drop targets, also no luck for some time. But, if you haven't found any yet, here's a guy Denmark selling a few: ebay.com link: Rollergames Williams 1990 playfield plastics

#5 10 years ago

Seems like there should be demand for at least certain plastics on Rollergames.
There was 4999 produced, just say 5000.
And certain plastics are broken on most Rollergames that I have seen.

I need a few plastics for my RG if someone stumbles upon or has a small treasure trove of them.

MLV

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Seems like there should be demand for at least certain plastics on Rollergames.
There was 4999 produced, just say 5000.
And certain plastics are broken on most Rollergames that I have seen.
I need a few plastics for my RG if someone stumbles upon or has a small treasure trove of them.
MLV

Agreed! High production number, relatively popular, and I have never seen a rollergames where the plastic above the drop target was intact.

I am still looking for some. If I had the time or the know how I would make them myself and sell them....maybe I need to learn!

#7 10 years ago

It's not a matter of demand. I talked to Stu about getting them reproduced and they already tried to get the licence and couldn't, or it was too much money for the demand. I offered to do the vector myself...it would have been a great learning project becuase the art is so simple on it.

HEre was the answer, verbatim:

"Can't get the Licensing for Rollergames.....we tried already.... "

#8 10 years ago

Damn, you would think the license for a show that lasted a month and a business that is out of business would be easy / cheap to acquire.

Surprised there are no bootleg plastics out there, I will keep wishing!

#9 10 years ago

Thanks Frax for the info, even if it's not the news we want to hear.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from BeaverBrewing:

Damn, you would think the license for a show that lasted a month and a business that is out of business would be easy / cheap to acquire.
Surprised there are no bootleg plastics out there, I will keep wishing!

The show lasted more than a month. The ratings for the show were quite good.

I think at least one of the original producers of the show still holds the license..

#11 10 years ago

That's correct. There are still active licence/TMs for both Rollergames and WAR believe it or not. I still don't understand why it would mean they can't get a partial licence from Williams to do the high breakage parts, which have absolutely nothing to do with Rollergames/WAR trademarks as far as I can tell. 99% of the plastics on the game are black backgrounds with neon geometric shapes. I'd love to know why "TARGETS DOWN LITE LOCK" infringes on any of that. I can understand why they can't do the WALL OF DEATH decal, or the team keyfobs, or the decorative WAR plastic up by the diverter, but crap, why the rest? I just don't get it....and ultimately, after searching for that plastic for ~6 months, and then finding this out, was a big part of why I sold my RG. It just seems patently absurd (no pun intended) that the licencing between Williams and WAR/Rollergames would have ANYTHING to do with these extraneous plastics.

I miss my RG. It was early production with DP playfield and all the backbox flashers. =\

#12 10 years ago

CPR doesn't want to run 'high break' plastics alone. They want to run an entire set. They have to make a few bucks to make the venture worthwhile.

When I replace plastics on a game, I typically want a complete set. Colors don't always match perfectly, as the originals fade, some games had variations from set to set, etc.

Yes, I agree the common break plastics would be nice to reproduce by themselves.. but I don't think CPR would want to tackle such a job.

I've got a NOS set I don't want to install for that very reason.

#13 10 years ago

Many of us will take whatever we can get, either a full set or just the badly needed ones.
We are easy to work with.

#14 10 years ago

I too need that plastic. I'd love to get a new wall ramp too
RG is such a fun game, and the theme is also just plain "fun"

#15 10 years ago

Man, I need that one above the Multi-ball too... Rollergames is the pin that convinced my wife pinball was cool and I wasn't weird. It has magical powers.

#16 10 years ago

I'd take a set if they were reproduced - its a fun game

1 week later
#17 10 years ago

I scanned and Photoshopped the rule sheet cards, cleaned them up for reprinting. My old ones were so bad, and I couldn't find any repros I just did it myself. If anyone wants to print their own, here they are!

RG_info_cards.jpgRG_info_cards.jpg

#18 10 years ago

JPEG BAD. LOSSY. BAD. BAD. >_<;;;

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

JPEG BAD. LOSSY. BAD. BAD. >_<;;;

I can put out in PNG or whatever you want, say the word!

#20 10 years ago

Thanks to a fellow pinsider for sharing a new plastic with me, much appreciated! It replaced this one. My machine greatly appreciates it!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#21 10 years ago

Always that one, hope you protected the new one with some petg washers.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from BeaverBrewing:

Thanks to a fellow pinsider for sharing a new plastic with me, much appreciated! It replaced this one. My machine greatly appreciates it!

Wow, I am missing that one completely - can I take that broken one off your hands?

1 week later
#23 10 years ago

On myhomegamerom.com by the user johnwartjr I found this pic:
http://gallery.myhomegameroom.com/albums/sample_RG/700_6902.sized.jpg

1 month later
#24 10 years ago

Don't give up. Just make one with some Lexan from Home Depot and a color copier and a Dremel.
This piece turns out really well because there is no light under it so it looks almost factory.

IMG_20130920_181502_481.jpgIMG_20130920_181502_481.jpg

#25 10 years ago

Here's what the plastic should look like.

RGLockPlastic_copy.jpgRGLockPlastic_copy.jpg

#26 10 years ago

That image looks surprisingly familiar.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from LEE:

That image looks surprisingly familiar.

1 month later
#28 10 years ago

I made one out of laminated cardstock, and it looks way better than nothing!

1 month later
#29 10 years ago

two new sets just sold on ebay but at $100 I didnt see the value. gonna sit around waiting for someone to repro the set.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

two new sets just sold on ebay but at $100

Rats! Missed it. Haven't been checking ebay lately. That's what I get. Oh, well.

#31 10 years ago

They both sold at over 200. Maybe there is a market for remaking them after all! I would buy a set.

#32 10 years ago

Yea last 30 seconds they jumped $100 bucks haha that was nuts.
I will pay for a set

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rollergames-plastics-where-can-i-buy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.