• 17 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by jpd632
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 43 days ago

Hey,

Never posted on here before but I ran into an issue the other night thats got me a little stuck. I was playign my rollergames pin and after I shot the ball off all of the kickbacks on the machine just stopped working. I've look at a few things but I'm stuck. Any help or ideas would be great. Its in perfect working order before.

#2 43 days ago

Do you have a DMM?

#3 43 days ago

What do you mean by "all of the kickbacks"?

Ron ..

#4 43 days ago

Gizmonic,
Everything that pops the ball. from the launch to the pit to all of the the bumpers. Sorry i should have been more specific.
Thanks.

Grumpy,
I do, I was gonna bust it out after I checked in with pinside. Wanted to see if it was a quick or normal error.
Thanks.

#5 43 days ago

Meter out the fuses, especially F1 and F2A, and try the solenoid and flasher tests.

On Rollergames there's a relay that switches power between the solenoids and the flashers, the "A/C" relay. It's on the bottom of the playfield near the rear. You might have noticed that if you get a jackpot then immediately put a ball in the pit, it won't pop until the flashers are finished.

#6 43 days ago

Ratshack,

I ran the tests last night. The flasher test worked fine but all of the solenoids were out. That A/C relay, would I have to change out the whole relay?
Thanks

#7 42 days ago

Test all of the fuses first. Remove them one at a time with the game off to test them.

#8 42 days ago
Quoted from jpd632:

Ratshack,
I ran the tests last night. The flasher test worked fine but all of the solenoids were out. That A/C relay, would I have to change out the whole relay?
Thanks

Don't worry about replacing it unless you can prove it's broken, but keep it in mind while you're troubleshooting.

#9 42 days ago

easy peasy..set play field up with a prop rod and check voltage at the coil. If no voltage then check fuse. If still no power check power supply.

If no power is found its not a bad idea to quickly meter out the coils after you turn off the game of course.

If a bad coil is found check the diode first before you change it out. Let me know what you find then we dig deeper.
Cheers!

#10 42 days ago
Quoted from jpd632:

I do, I was gonna bust it out after I checked in with pinside.

What exactly does and doesn't work? This will pinpoint where your problem is.

#11 41 days ago

First off. Thanks a million to everyone who responded. I've been super busy at work and haven't been able to have the time to check everything yet.

Ratshack and Hawk - I'm going to meter on Saturday when I have the day to work on it.

Grumpy, everything works except anything that pops or launches the ball. None of the bumpers react, all of the drop targets are down and wont reset, the launch and pity aren't working.

Thanks a million guys. this is my second pin and I'm new to this hobby, I'm still learning and I can't tell you how much I appreciate the pinball communities help.

3 weeks later
#12 16 days ago

Update. So Its been a busy last month or so withe the holidays and work, so I haven't been able to look at it and devote time it it until today. Im getting power but none of the relay points are working or resetting ..
I've added a youtube video link.

Any help would be great thanks so much! I'm still new to this and I appreciate any advice/help!!

#13 16 days ago

You need to check for voltage at the coils. You may have a burnt fuse on the aux power supply.

#14 16 days ago

FIXED! Grumpy, if you are at Pintastic Massachusetts in June I owe you a beer! Thanks a MILLION DUDE!!

#15 15 days ago

Playball!!

#16 13 days ago

yup just what I figured. Always check power at the coil first. it will tell the tale.Cheers and glad you got er going. Any more troubles just post back.

#17 11 days ago

Thanks Hawk! I appreciate everyone's advice and support. I've collected comics since I was 7 and I'm 37, I've played guitar since I was 16, Love the NBA and have many other hobbies; No question that Pinheads are by far the most friendly, supportive and helpful hobbyist I've encountered. Thanks fellow pinheads!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Metalhead Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 999.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside