• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

02_switch_wire_colors.jpg
01_switch_locations.jpg
#1 2 years ago

Help. NY Williams Rollergames multi ball option isn't working correctly. Two balls get locked.. the third is supposed to release them all for multi play. However, the game keeps displaying "2nd Ball Locked" and holds the third ball. After a minute, the game releases only one ball for play and gets stuck on that same player even when the ball goes. Also, when two balls are locked waiting for the third, the last ball won't feed. The game plays fine otherwise if no balls are locked in the multi ball playing chute. Rollergames

#2 2 years ago

Have you tried testing the switches in switch test? I'd get a look at the switch matrix chart in the manual and verify that all the switches are working properly. If you find one or more non working switches, verify that the wiring and diode is hooked up properly. It's possible you'll find a broken off wire or diode leg. I usually give a light tug on the wiring and diode to be sure they're firmly connected.

#3 2 years ago

A problem similar to this has been posted on this forum before. Double check the switch wire colors and location. I am fairly sure the manual has this information listed incorrectly. Use the game diagnostics to figure out what is actually correct. You can determine switch state from test 07 - switch edges.

Note that lock #1 is the LOWER lock as it locks first despite what the manual location shows. Lock #2 is the upper lock as it locks second. There is no switch for the third ball when it locks. The game knows that the three balls are there based on lock #2 and the third ball passing through the second ramp diversion and subsequent switch.

01_switch_locations.jpg01_switch_locations.jpg02_switch_wire_colors.jpg02_switch_wire_colors.jpg

#4 2 years ago

Ran into the same exact problem 2 years ago. I just had to adjust the leaf on the Ball Lock 2 micro-switch to fix the problem.

#5 2 years ago

frunch Thanks for your response. I will definitely check the wiring and diode legs to ensure they're correct and not disconnected. The help and input is very much appreciated.

#6 2 years ago

DumbAss Thank you much. This is a great help with the diagram and all. I do have to perform a switch test like frunch also recommended. I am new at all this, but learning alot from fixing up this old machine. Thanks again.

#7 2 years ago

Shogun00 Thanks much for your feedback. Those are the wires which touch the balls, correct? I started looking at that but didn't want to fiddle around too much in fear of breaking one. I'll have to take a closer look. Much appreciated.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvjm:

Shogun00 Thanks much for your feedback. Those are the wires which touch the balls, correct?

Correct! The wire is welded onto the leaf. I just adjusted the leaf (not the wire), so it could consistently click the little button on the microswitch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rollergames-multi-ball-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.