• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0942.jpg
IMG_0938.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Where in the world can one find a circuit board for the two switches for the mulitball lock?

#3 8 years ago

So what has happened is that both of the lock switches on my rollergames got broken, so no problem right? I ordered two new switched from marco specialties, they come in and they arent right, the pins arent spaced out properly so they dont fit onto the ckt board. I am completely lost. I contacted marco specialties and they told me the switch is an updated design and they dont carry the old style switch anymore. So they cant get me the switches that fit the ball lock circuit board, i have no idea what to do now...

#4 8 years ago

So cherry no longer makes the DA3 switch, it has been updated to the DB3 switch which has the pins too far apart to go through my circuit board... any ideas what i can do to make it work? I just bought the pin and already cant play it.

#5 8 years ago

Check pinball life or call Steve at Pinball Resource !-845-477114 . Have the part number for Steve. G.L. Joe

#6 8 years ago

Everyone is saying that the DB3 is a direct replacement to the DA3, but when you put them side by side you can tell there is a difference.
See? The DB3 is on the left and the DA3 is on the right. How is the world does it make sense that they are "direct replacements?"

IMG_0938.jpgIMG_0938.jpg

#7 8 years ago

Looks like you might have to get creative when mounting the switch. To get that switch to work carefully drill a small hole through the PCB to accommodate the center leg and run a small jumper over to the pad where the old one went through. I just checked my game and thete appears to be room to do this. Im assuming the end legs line up properly with the existing holes?

#8 8 years ago

If the center pin wasnt there, the end legs might match but thats a very big might... It doesnt look like they will, looks like they will be just a tad bit too short

#9 8 years ago

I dont know if this picture will make it make sense, but here are the two switches with the outer pins lined up, see how far off the other end pin is from the back switch (which is the old switch)

IMG_0942.jpgIMG_0942.jpg

#10 8 years ago

Like I said in my previous post, make a hole to line up with that center pin.

#11 8 years ago

But the outer two pins dont fit in the outer holes, thats my concern. one does but the other doesnt.

1 week later
#12 8 years ago

I would bend the pins on the switch rather than drilling holes in the circuit board. You could extend them pretty easily as well if needed.
You might want to test that switch with a multi-meter as well before replacing it. Mine was not working as well, and turned out to be cold solder joints instead of the switch itself.

#13 8 years ago

Well, after a long discussion with marco, they realized i was right about the switches being wrong, so they found and sent me the right ones.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rollergames-lock-circuit-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.