Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Cherga
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi all, I have a Rollergames that I’ve been having trouble with ball lock 2. When I got the machine lock 2 wasn’t working every time so I took a look to see what was going on. Upon inspection I found that the wire form switch was completely rigged in a half-baked manner and was ultimately cracked and broken so the previous owner must have hacked a dirty fix for the sale of the machine to me. Nevertheless, here I am trying to get this thing going reliably. I replaced the wire form switch however when I lock ball 2, it doesn’t spit out the next ball from the trough and instead sits there cycling coils as if it’s missing a ball. Ball 1 lock works fine and spits the next ball out as it should.

I’ve checked that the switch is making contact when the ball is locked and even tried manually holding it when locking ball 2 but to no avail. I resoldered all connections and checked continuity of the three wires going to the switch board and all is fine. Not sure where to go next so I’m seeking some help. Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

Have you tested your ball trough switches?

#3 5 years ago

No, guess I assumed they’re working since the only time a ball doesn’t eject from the trough into the shooter lane is after ball lock 2. I’ll take a look at it.

#4 5 years ago

Best to go into the switch test to test the ball lock and trough switches so the MPU board registers them. Make sure you test the switches with a ball as sometimes switches have to go below the surface of the playfield before they register. Those would be easy adjustments.

#5 5 years ago

Does your new switch show up in the switch testing?

I’ve checked that the switch is making contact when the ball is locked and even tried manually holding it when locking ball 2 but to no avail.

How have you checked this? It seems to be the switch isn't registering. is it wired correctly with the diode orientation?

#6 5 years ago

Ah - PinballManiac40 beat me to it!

Without seeing it, sometimes micro switches have 3 lugs. are you sure you are on the correct ones?

#7 5 years ago

I think you have the same situation as this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rock-rock-rockin-rollergames-club/page/12#post-3456366

It's long and detailed (maybe too much for you - apologies) but I would suggest you read this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rock-rock-rockin-rollergames-club/page/12#post-3457593

#8 5 years ago

Thanks for the input everyone... all of my wiring is correct. I ran through the switch test sequence and everything is good except the lock 2 switch. It is no longer registering (it was when first installed). I resoldered everything and still nothing. Fortunately, I bought two replacement switches so my next step is to install the other switch. I’ll report back when done.

#9 5 years ago

Please post a picture of the ball lock switches. It is hard to believe you have a new switch that is not working. It is possible one of the wires that daisy chain to ball lock is 2 broken, so may not necessarily be the problem at that switch but one in the same row or column that feeds to it.

#10 5 years ago

Ok, will post this evening. Thanks!

#11 5 years ago

Troubleshot some more this past weekend and found a broken wire. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rollergames-help-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.