Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Leeb18509
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have a Rollergames I've been working on for a while, and while everything else seems to be on the up and up, I've been finding the ball getting stuck towards the middle of the Wall ramp, between where the 2 ramp diverters are. What appears to be happening is that the 2nd diverter comes out a moment too late and smacks the ball into the opposite side of the ramp. Then the ball just hangs out there. I tried adjusting the switch before the 2nd diverter to make it actuate a little sooner, but then the tension becomes greater for that switch/wireform and will sometimes trap the ball as it tries to pass through it. I get the impression this is one of those things I'll just have to keep tweaking until it's just right. Is that the case? Any other Rollergames owners/techs run into this problem? If so, what got it working properly for you?

All help appreciated!
Trevor

2 years later
#2 6 years ago

Hey, I'm having the same problem. Did you resolve this?

1 week later
#3 6 years ago

I never really resolved it to my satisfaction. I tried adjusting the ramp switches to slightly alter the timing when the diverters would pop out, and i raised the rear legs a bit. The ball would still get stuck up there occasionally (usually from the diverter batting the ball against the plastic ramp, killing it's momentum), but a bit of shaking side to side would almost always free it. I sold the game several months ago, so i never got any further than that. Hope that helps!

#4 6 years ago

I wonder if you have the correct standoffs that hold the back of the ramp up? Like they should be taller. Mine is currently taken apart so I can measure them for you.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

I wonder if you have the correct standoffs that hold the back of the ramp up? Like they should be taller. Mine is currently taken apart so I can measure them for you.

That would be great if you would. Thanks.

#6 6 years ago

All the posts along the backwall are 1 1/8". If yours are the same maybe add some washers to raise up the back side of the ramp?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rollergames-ball-getting-stuck-on-ramp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.