You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball_playfield_(resized).JPG
101_0934_(resized).JPG
101_0933_(resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

I want to tear down a Rollergames for a deep clean, but the playfield isn't set up to pull out, it just pivots at the back.
Any advice for easy access for tearing down the back of the playfield? Also, I do not have room for removing the whole playfield and putting it elsewhere.

#2 7 years ago

I just started one today, lol. I pulled the playfield out and put it on saw horses.

101_0933_(resized).JPG101_0933_(resized).JPG

101_0934_(resized).JPG101_0934_(resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

I just started one today, lol. I pulled the playfield out and put it on saw horses

How I wish I had the room!
And/or how I wish I could just pull the playfield forward like later 90s games.

#4 7 years ago

Yes I agree, but with it out it is so easy to do everything

#5 7 years ago

Unfortunately if you want to get access to the back of the playfield you have to lift it up. You could leave it on the cabinet, just lift it up and pull forward. You can use pieces of wood (e.g. 2x2) to rest the playfield on so it won't fall back into the cabinet, just make sure you won't crush anything under the playfield

#6 7 years ago

Games with a playfield pivot are common. TAF, Earthshaker, WW, and many more. When I am working on one I will lift the playfield off of the pivot bolts and move the brackets in front of the bolts. This will allow the playfield to slide forward. You can rest it on the front of the cab far enough forward to be able to reach the back of the playfield and still be able to lift it if you need to. Just be careful not to rest it on anything that will break and do not let it fall in to the cab if you lift it.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

You can use pieces of wood (e.g. 2x2) to rest the playfield on so it won't fall back into the cabinet, just make sure you won't crush anything under the playfield

What do you mean by this? Put the wood where?
thanks!

#8 7 years ago

You can pull the playfield by pivoting it up, then pulling forward on it. There is a "sweet spot" where it slides out of the pivot

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

What do you mean by this? Put the wood where?
thanks!

Sort of like this, just make sure like Wonko said not to rest it on anything that will break

pinball_playfield_(resized).JPGpinball_playfield_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rollergames-accessing-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.