4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Lamprey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1302 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1301 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1299 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1254 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1253 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1250 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1249 (resized).JPG
    StandJPG (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

I've seen things people have bough or made for supporting your machine to remove the legs. I was in a big box store the other day and saw a Roller Stand and though I could modify it easily enough to support a pin. The Roller Stands was about $20 and I had some iron angle already, so it didn't cost too much and is nice and portable.

Here are some pics of my little project for those interested...

Manufacturer Pic of the stand:
    StandJPG (resized).jpgStandJPG (resized).jpg

Cut off the roller part and cut angle to match width:
    IMG_1249 (resized).JPGIMG_1249 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1250 (resized).JPGIMG_1250 (resized).JPG

I cut the neck so that it would be parallel to the ground (25 degrees I think it was). Note, that you have to also bent the "roller base" out a bit to match the new angle:
    IMG_1253 (resized).JPGIMG_1253 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1254 (resized).JPGIMG_1254 (resized).JPG

I used some 2-part epoxy to combine the "roller base" and the angle iron. Then sprayed it some liquid rubber to coat it:

IMG_1299 (resized).JPGIMG_1299 (resized).JPGIMG_1301 (resized).JPGIMG_1301 (resized).JPG

Folds up nice and compact..
    IMG_1302 (resized).JPGIMG_1302 (resized).JPG

Cheers

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lamprey:

I've seen things people have bough or made for supporting your machine to remove the legs. I was in a big box store the other day and saw a Roller Stand and though I could modify it easily enough to support a pin. The Roller Stands was about $20 and I had some iron angle already, so it didn't cost too much and is nice and portable.
    Here are some pics of my little project for those interested...
    Manufacturer Pic of the stand:
    [quoted image]
    Cut off the roller part and cut angle to match width:
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    I cut the neck so that it would be parallel to the ground (25 degrees I think it was). Note, that you have to also bent the "roller base" out a bit to match the new angle:
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    I used some 2-part epoxy to combine the "roller base" and the angle iron. Then sprayed it some liquid rubber to coat it:
    [quoted image][quoted image]
    Folds up nice and compact..
    [quoted image]
    Cheers

That’s a neat mod but do you think 2-part epoxy will last holding over 250 pounds like that?
    I used a stool for a while and then had a game take a fall and get destroyed, so I ponied up and bought a pinball lift cart. By far my smartest purchase. You can even get a game without legs on them. Just tilt the entire cart and slowly push the game forward and lower the cart. I’ve done it twice now and it’s terribly easy.

#3 4 years ago

Hehe, I guess I'll find out.

The epoxy it's really doing any of the heavy lifting per se. The downward force is the same as what the epoxy is holding. So, I'm hoping it'll be fine. If not, I can get someone to weld the two pieces together. Or it'll give me an excuse to get a welder.

Yeah, I have a lift too. I was looking for something light weight and portable incase I go buy a pin or to help out at a show.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roller-stand-as-support-for-leg-removal-installation?hl=lamprey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.