(Topic ID: 77981)

Roller Games divertor drive link reproduction - Available Now.

By jasonpaulbauer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

036 (resized).jpg
043 (resized).jpg
SS64-2.jpg
SS64-1.jpg
pinball_drivelink_3.jpg
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Hi All,

I was asked to reproduce the diverter drive link (Williams PN 01-9730) for the upper lock mechanism on Roller Games by John Wart Jr. You can read more about them here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roller-games-owners-help-with-some-minor-issues

JWJ provided a NOS example of one and the original drawings so that we had everything needed to work from. We made our copies out of the same material as original and have even zinc plated them as called for on the drawings. Once finished we put ours next to the NOS one from John and are very happy with how they turned out.

pinball_drivelink_3.jpgpinball_drivelink_3.jpg

Batch 4 is done.

This time we decided to do them out of stainless to speed up the process and eliminate the hassle of plating.

Ok to make these easier to purchase, we've added them to our Etsy store. You can purchase them here. https://www.etsy.com/listing/495196252/williams-rollergames-pinball-divertor

Pricing on these is $15.50 each plus shipping.

#2 10 years ago

i would be interested.

#5 10 years ago

I will take one if you are happy to post to the UK

Andy

#6 10 years ago

Yep we ship things abroad every week. No problem with it!

#7 10 years ago

These are real nice. If you have a Rollergames, or think you'll ever want to own a Rollergames, you should have one of these. I bought 62.5% of the first run to supply a couple friends, and make sure I had adequate spares.

I uploaded the various service bulletins that discuss this linkage to IPDB - the original design was prone to failure, and quite a few games shipped with it. I've seen these rigged up numerous ways over the years, and you can read in Chet's thread how much of a difference a new, unworn linkage made.

Maybe someday, they will post the service bulletins I uploaded.

I'll put them here as jpegs

SS64-1.jpgSS64-1.jpgSS64-2.jpgSS64-2.jpg

#8 10 years ago

To stream line the process a little. Anyone that would like one, PM me your PayPal address and we will send you an invoice when we are ready to ship.

#9 10 years ago

I'm in. I already did some repairs on my diverter and probably will have to again at some point...

-BB

#10 10 years ago

pm sent - thanks!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

These are real nice. If you have a Rollergames, or think you'll ever want to own a Rollergames, you should have one of these. I bought 62.5% of the first run to supply a couple friends, and make sure I had adequate spares.
I uploaded the various service bulletins that discuss this linkage to IPDB - the original design was prone to failure, and quite a few games shipped with it. I've seen these rigged up numerous ways over the years, and you can read in Chet's thread how much of a difference a new, unworn linkage made.
Maybe someday, they will post the service bulletins I uploaded.
I'll put them here as jpegs

SS64-1.jpg 380 KB

SS64-2.jpg 348 KB

Cool docs, John. So, some non-prototype machines did ship with the original design. Interesting. I wonder how many. My machine had the replacement style.

#13 10 years ago

These replacements are really sweet. Installed my new one in 15 minutes and it works great. Thanks for doing this. This is what makes this hobby and this forum really nice, pinheads helping other pinheads!!

#14 10 years ago

pm sent for qty 1 diverter linkage part

#15 10 years ago

Ok, we've stared on batch 2. We'll send out invoices when we are working on the plating.

#16 10 years ago

Great! I was gonna make one but this is better! Count me in.

1 week later
#17 10 years ago

Ok guys we have the links made. As long as the impending weather does not keep me from getting home from a work trip tomorrow, I plan on doing the zinc plating this week and hopefully will be shipping in a few days. I'll send invoices when I start plating them.

#18 10 years ago

Got my invoice, payment sent. Thanks

#19 10 years ago

Awesome, Yes invoices just went out. I'm working on plating them tonight and tomorrow.

Thanks!

#20 10 years ago

For everyone that has paid your drive link is packed up and going to the post office tomorrow. You should have them in a few days unless you are over seas.

I hope they work well for you. These turned out very well.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

For everyone that has paid your drive link is packed up and going to the post office tomorrow. You should have them in a few days unless you are over seas.

Any extras?

#22 10 years ago

Just saw this I would take two if you have more!!!

#23 10 years ago

Yep I still have some. Pm me you PayPal address and I'll send an invoice.

#24 10 years ago

Ok I only have a handful of these left.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

Part received undamaged via USPS. Looks good.
Thanks for prompt shipping.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Part received undamaged via USPS. Looks good.
Thanks for prompt shipping.

Great! I tried to pack them so they were protected. Granted hard to mess up a strip of steel.

#28 10 years ago

I haven't seen mine yet

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from kray37:

I haven't seen mine yet

Tracking shows yours should be delivered today..... USPS had yesterday off... Pretty fast for order from Thursday.

#30 10 years ago

Sweet, thanks sir for making these! I didn't think about yesterday being a holiday either.

#31 10 years ago

Got any left? I'll take one!

#33 10 years ago

OK, Batch 2 is all spoken for. Unless someone drops off and doesn't pay, I am currently out of them.

I need about 5 of them spoken for before I can justify making another batch. So currently on a preorder list again.

#34 10 years ago

Just wanted to give props--mine shipped very quickly, arrived today and looks/works great! Thanks!!!

#35 10 years ago

Great job. Recieved fast and looks great!

#36 10 years ago

Thanks Guys!

Just a heads up, I've had enough interest and will have a new batch of these in about a week. This time they will be out of stainless as the zinc plating added a lot of time and hassle to the process.

#37 10 years ago

Ok, I have these ready to ship now. PM me for payment information. Those that have already talked to me you should have a paypal invoice already.

2 months later
#38 9 years ago

Still have a handful of these left. If anyone needs one let me know. Hopefully everyone has received thiers by now and are happy with the results.

#39 9 years ago

I installed in my game this past weekend and works like factory original.

Thanks!

6 months later
#40 9 years ago

I still have a handful of the links. This batch is stainless steel.

#41 9 years ago

Bump! I got one of these for my friends rollergames. Installation was easy and now the diverter works flawlessly, if you have rollergames I recommend getting one of these as you can't find the link anywhere and it'll wear down eventually.

#42 9 years ago

I just bought one even though I dont have a rollergames yet!

#43 9 years ago

and just received it, really solid looking, would recommend.

3 months later
#44 9 years ago

does this repro linkage eliminate the need for the spring? or just reduce instances of the spring breaking because it is longer?

#45 9 years ago

Ok, I'm officially out of them. I'll make more if I get a few people interested.

Let me know if you want one.

Next Batch:
Monty
Soldier splash
EABundy
Gimmieatug

#46 9 years ago

I will take one

#47 9 years ago

Ok. I'll plan on doing another batch. Give me a week or so.

#48 9 years ago

I will take one as well, thanks!

#49 9 years ago

Ok, I have more ready to go. PM me for paypal information.

3 weeks later
#50 9 years ago

Do you have any more? I would like 2 if you have enough. Thanks

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roller-games-diverter-drive-link-reproduction-epic-announcement/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.