Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RobT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I just played this pin and have to say I had a blast. I looked it up on IPDB and was surprised to see a very low score. This makes me question the validity of this scoring system. I know the generic theme sucks but once you are actually playing, are you really looking at the backbox art? I'm guessing it gets knocked because it is fairly easy. I am a novice player and could keep the ball in play for quite awhile. I'm guessing the good players find this a fault, but I see it as a positive to keep kids and less experienced adults engaged. Also I was surprised to read that the ruleset wasn't that great. It seems to me with the sheer amount of toys on the playfield that it would give a lot of different replay value. For those that have played this pin, in your opinion, will I really get bored with this pin quickly? Should I just ignore other peoples opinions?

#2 9 years ago

I owned it for a while. I used to play the computer game so I liked the theme. Its not a very deep game, so after some time with it you've seen all that there is.

But it is unique and was a nice change up in my lineup. I set the installs at "extra hard" when I had tournament players over.

#3 9 years ago

I play it every time I go jam the pins....as you said,lots of stuff going on...lots of fun shots....not just with pins...but anything in life...don't listen to others....find out for yourself....!!!...........Joey

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from PartyAnimal:

I just played this pin and have to say I had a blast

APRIL FOOLS !

#5 9 years ago
#6 9 years ago

It's on my wish list. I think it's pretty cool. But let people keep hating it because it keeps the price down.

#7 9 years ago
#8 9 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

If your just looking for one pin for a family game room, then The Simpsons Pinball Party might be a much better choice. I have RCT and TSPP in my collection. Both are good, but TSPP is much more fun.

And twice the price . . .

#9 9 years ago
#10 9 years ago

RCT is actually a very fun pin with a wide variety of shot and interesting layout. I personally would take it over TSPP every single day. TSPP is less than fun to me.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

RCT is actually a very fun pin with a wide variety of shot and interesting layout. I personally would take it over TSPP every single day. TSPP is less than fun to me.

And some really cool ramps. But I can't believe I'm agreeing with Whysnow . . .

#12 9 years ago

Rct is a fun pin with some great shots but don't tell a lot of people so the price doesn't go up before I get one lol.

#13 9 years ago

I don't get the troll at all

#14 9 years ago

The biggest issue with RCT is that the ruleset isn't that great and the announcer really gets irritating after awhile. It als does nothing to reward a great game or taking risks. The scoring is so flat and linear it turns into a chopping wood competition quickly.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Jopper:

And twice the price . . .

Exactly...Once my wife finds out that $2,000 pins are the entry point and the really decent ones run $3,500-$6,000 I'm going to be in trouble.

#16 9 years ago

Longest most boring ball times ever. Hated this game and walked away from free game I received.

#17 9 years ago

I think people judge pinball against pinball, but Sterns get judged against themselves since they all came out within the past 15 years and it is easier to evaluate one against the other. So people will rate if ST is better than IM, but not as good as MET.
So WPT, Nascar, Avengers, Mustang, Mono, Avatar, IJ and RCT compete against LOTR, ACDC, IM, MET, ST, SM and TSPP in the ratings. They do not compete against Last Action Hero, which is rated higher than all of them.
Who would rather have LAH in their game room over a Mustang Premium or Avatar for gameplay? I know Whysnow would, but I am talking about the rest of us.

#18 9 years ago

It's a fun game, but, like others have said, the announcer gets real annoying real quick.

It also suffers from not being good for tournaments syndrome. Scoring wise, it's much more effective to time out all of your modes and just play the wizard mode, so it doesn't get featured in any tournaments, which is the death knell for most games.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

I don't get the troll at all

He goes with the theme of an amusement park. The Troll is the cupie doll they have at the amusement park games for prizes. This pin definitely needs the sound on as the Troll is constantly talking smack like the gofers No Good Gofers on steroids. He's a riot. Also, the "screams" from the crowd on the roller coaster when the ball is on the ramp is awesome.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from PartyAnimal:

Exactly...Once my wife finds out that $2,000 pins are the entry point and the really decent ones run $3,500-$6,000 I'm going to be in trouble.

You have to work at it but there are several early to mid-90s DMDs in the $2000 to $2500 range. The pre-90s games usually run less but the playfields on those can be pretty rough because they didn't start clear coating until the early 90s, at least so I've been told.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from PartyAnimal:

That is not quite true. Many great pinballs can be had for $2000ish. If you want a game she might enjoy look for a WCS. If she likes things faster HS2, which my wife likes. TFTC if she has a spooky side or SG if she likes SciFi. So many options! Take her to a pinball show and play many games. Good luck.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from PartyAnimal:

I just played this pin and have to say I had a blast.

Quoted from McCune:

APRIL FOOLS !

I'm rolling...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roller-coaster-tycoonwtf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.