(Topic ID: 35989)

Roller Coaster Tycoon would be a $7,000 LE today...

By LesManley

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Gerry
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shardian.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 11 years ago

It's the troll. Plain and simple. Why is there a troll on there??? Really! I loved the PC games. But...the troll... why?

Ironically, the people that bash the troll (that actually does something) will fill their "toyless" games with a truckload of Walmart action figures that do nothing. Ironic...

All that aside, the game's rules left alot to be desired. Great layout, but the ruleset is sparse. Some of the modes are exactly the same (dunk the dummy and superdunk).
I'll be keeping mine because people love it and it is pretty to look at and was cheap. It's alot of pin for the money. Now if somehow its value takes off into the $4k+ range, I'll sell it in a heartbeat.

#10 11 years ago

The doll can be removed. Easily. He's just zip tied onto the coil mechanism.

We've replaced ours with a better troll. He also has pants on now.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

I love that you have a troll with pants. Maybe the lack of pants is what I found distracting...

Yeah it really bothered my wife so she whipped him up some nice, shiny black and gold swimming trunks. The doll we used was bigger than factory, so the pants came in handy actually. To keep his arms from getting stuck on the dunk tank, I tucked his hands into his pants.

So...I have a troll looking at me who has a Gene Simmons like tongue flopping out at you and he has his hands down his pants....yeah...he might be more creepy. But he's awesome!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It is definitely one of those pins like MB where it isn't *if* you get to the wizard mode, it is how many times you get there in a single game. The game even keeps track of that for you and tells you how many park completions you have.

If you the one you are playing is set up so that it starts every ball with the fun mode lit, then yes it is very easy to get to wizard mode. That can be turned off so that every mode has to be lit before it can be started. Not much harder...but helps. I have mine set up so that park tycoon is not common.

Getting Park tycoon is easy and straight forward. Getting a real high park guest count - not so much.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shardian.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roller-coaster-tycoon-would-be-a-7000-le-today?tu=shardian and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.