(Topic ID: 75133)

Roller Coaster Tycoon - worth owning? Anyone buy or sell one recently?

By lukerp

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by frolic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hey all,

Through kind of dumb luck, I have the chance to pick up an RCT locally. I was wondering what people think of the game, and if anyone has bought or sold one recently, if you could PM me what you paid/got? Just never encountered one before, and a bit curious. Thanks in advance.

Luke

#2 10 years ago

I have one, game play is great for the casual player and kids and women like the theme park idea. Not a deep rules game and medium speed playing unit. Surprisingly I have it out on route and does fairly well. But again try to play it to see if you and the machine are a match. Price wise should be around 2200-2500.

#3 10 years ago

I don't like the translite at all, but really enjoy playing the game. Not deep, but surprisingly fun and it has grown on me over time. If I had the room and could find one for a reasonable price, I would get one.

#4 10 years ago

Its a really fun game. You should get it. PM sent on pricing

#5 10 years ago

I couldn't get it out of my house soon enough

#6 10 years ago

It's a fun game I want one in my collection

#7 10 years ago

Some of the layout is similar to Addams

#8 10 years ago

Sold a HUO one for $2800 a month ago . Not a bad pin, if its not your only machine.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from lukerp:

Hey all,
Through kind of dumb luck, I have the chance to pick up an RCT locally. I was wondering what people think of the game, and if anyone has bought or sold one recently, if you could PM me what you paid/got? Just never encountered one before, and a bit curious. Thanks in advance.
Luke

I have one on loan in my basement. I have it for free and I never play it anymore, so my personal opinion is no. Guests play it, but now the game just bores me to tears. I guess if you were just a casual player, it wouldn't be that bad. It had so much potential and so much going on, but a crappy theme IMHO and a horrible ruleset just ruin the game for me. I have seen everything the game has to offer and have gotten to Park Tycoon 3x in a single game, there is nothing left for me. I literally have no desire to even turn it on at this point. The owner of the game in my basement would gladly sell it for $2,000.

#10 10 years ago

I didnt like it, neither did my kids. Sold it very fast.

#11 10 years ago

RCT was my very first pin Great family theme. Great vibe. Great Sound. Fast and fun cool ramps and colors like another pinsider said its a great game if its not your only game. pick it up for about $1,800

#12 10 years ago

It's a fun little game...if you can get it for 1500-2k in excellent shape why not?

Ken

#13 10 years ago

Not bad but I would say 1500$ is a good price. 2k or more is definitely overpriced for this game

#14 10 years ago

Fun game for a short period, but not too deep. Great for new pinball players and the average player.

#15 10 years ago

If you just want "any" pin to add and don't care other then it is a addition..$1500 and you have a nice looking pin.

#16 10 years ago

Hey all,

Thanks very much for the advice; greatly appreciate it.

Luke

#17 10 years ago

I have a HUO RCT I have listed for $2500 but it also has a tournament play add on (about $300 value). Anyone interested send me an offer via PM. I have just completely shopped out this one and it looks and plays great. I need to thin the heard on my collection so putting this on the market. It has a lot of fun ramps.

#18 10 years ago

Just bought one and I'm really enjoying it ....

#19 10 years ago

I'm a roller coaster fanatic and loved the PC game so myself and kids love it! Just make sure the 'Eat' plastic on the mid-right side isn't broken as they are impossible to find. Fun pin!~SpOoKy

7 months later
#20 9 years ago

I own one and love it. It sits next to 3 1980 pins so it is very much my odd ball right now. I am a Roller coaster lover and member of the American Roller Coaster Enthusiasts. Since the Club endorses the game I love having it!

#21 9 years ago

There are lots of issues with this game. The biggest is the scrambled eggs shot, it just flat out doesn't work. The two ramps being so close to each other basically guarantees if you miss one you hit the other.

A lot of people find the troll voice annoying, I didn't care. The game is so easy. Even with the outlanes wide open and the game set to ex. hard it still wasn't very challenging. Too much worthless stuff going on,

Bad rules, bad hardware, a really cool ramp.

#22 9 years ago

I bought it because it was a cheap Stern and I needed games to fill up the room. It's popular with guests because it is different from the rest. I'll let it go when I'll full up for space, but it was a good buy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roller-coaster-tycoon-worth-owning-anyone-buy-or-sell-one-recently and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.