• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CIMG0530.JPG
RCT_Right_Flipper.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I just got my newest Pin home last night. 500+miles round trip. Everything worked when I played it before transport, but now the upper RIGHT playfield flipper engages and stays on. I pulled the glass and felt the flipper and it feels like its constantly drawing power.

I flipper up the playfield and looked at the 2 lower flippers and noticed that there is an EOS switch on the left side, but on the right side it looks like its missing.

Do you believe this is whats wrong or could it be something else?

Anyone out there have a working Stern 2000s pin, preferably a RCT, that you can take a close up shot of the lower flipper assemblies?

I see the manual is avail on CD only part # 970-2002-00, marco carries it but its OOS. Anyone out there have the 2002 Archive manual CD for STERN?

Thanks!

-j

#2 12 years ago

I am unfortunately heading out to see some music in 5 min but can take pics on Sat if you need them.

Both the lower R and lower L flippers should have EOS switches and they should be normally closed when not enganged. I do not believe that the upper flippers have anything to do with the lowers???

I am sure experts will chime in before I can take pics, but I will if you still need them.

cheers

#3 12 years ago

Lower Right Hand flipper on mine. Sorry , very low quality. I can take again if you need. Also, I can scan any page of the manual if needed.

RCT_Right_Flipper.jpgRCT_Right_Flipper.jpg

#4 12 years ago

Scan them all what color is your troll?

#5 12 years ago

Neon green

Let me know what other pics you need. I don't quite have the time to scan the whole thing.

#6 12 years ago

Thank you very much. (My troll is purple, btw).. I feel very sheepinsh..

Today at work, after I posted this. A VERY wise friend of mine who owns a Funhouse suggested that I inspect the flipper button itself. He said that Funhouse had a double trigger or sorts, so if you pressed the right flipper button you can trigger the lower flipper and then by pressing harder you will engage the upper button... ANYWAYS.. He was 100% correct, the flipper button was the culprit. It was bent slightly, essentially continually "pressing" the upper flipper. Adjusting the angle of this, fixed the issue. If you look at your right flipper inside the cabinet you will see what I mean.

I guess Lawlor designed the RCT and Funhouse flippers somewhat the same!

I took pics of the place in question, I'll upload them in a bit.

If you happen to know where I can get a manual ,that info would be great. Marco is out of stock on the digital format, and Stern's website essentially points me to Marco..

-j

#7 12 years ago

Here is a photo of the contact points Im talking about. The flipper button comes into the cabinet where it's indicated "flipper button".

CIMG0530.JPGCIMG0530.JPG

#8 12 years ago

Wonderful. I'm glad you have it fixed.

I'd be more than happy to take pics, or scans, if the need arises.

#9 12 years ago

Sweet, thanks!

#10 12 years ago

If you need any parts of a manual scanned just pm me

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

If you need any parts of a manual scanned just pm me

Thanks!

#12 12 years ago

KISS

Always nice when it is the easiest solution.

I have tons of pics from my teardown and restore of my RCT. Just let me know if you need any other stuff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roller-coaster-tycoon-upper-right-flipper-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.