Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
WP_20151117_0191.jpg
Capturerct.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

This is it in a nut shell. The rules on RCT suck.

Quoted from Kineticross:

Rules: Timeout all modes besides Power Ride for Park Tycoon, or go for multiball by complete luck.

So you guys always play pinball like you're in a tournament? That sounds kind of boring.

Multiball isn't by luck. You open the rides by shooting them (ramps). Then once the ride is open, you lock the ball at the Chicago loop (left ramp).

The Handyman (the drop target at the upper right) is the mode start. So you want to lite fun at the center ramp (flying ghost), then go through the three drop targets to get there. Being a Lawlor game there are several ways to get there. The plunge if fun is ready, through the three drops, a clean shot from the upper right that swings all the way through.

The modes are enjoyable for this style of game. I suggest playing them, because playing pinball should be fun.

The troll... I don't get it. I played this game years ago and thought it was a piece of crap with an annoying troll. Now I think it is funny as heck. The screams at the start of Multiball are great.

I hate myself for saying this, but it is a better game than I ever thought. I'm sure the fun will run out and the park will close. But right now, what a stupid fun little game.

1 week later
#13 8 years ago

I changed settings on my game, and I'm enjoying it more and more. I reset everything to extra hard. So starting a mode requires the R&D targets, then the Ghost ramp, and finally through the 3 drop targets to the Handyman drop target. It doesn't remember the mode start (Handyman is always down at the start of the ball). I start with one light on one ride, and to open the next ride you have to knock down the 3 drop targets. Plus I set it up pretty steep.

Multiball is more difficult, and getting to Park Tycoon instantly became much more difficult. I'll continue to tweak the settings a bit, but I highly recommend any owners (who don't have kids that would hate it like this) to really rack up the difficulty of the game.

Not that I hated it when it was setup easy. But I really thought it would get old fast like that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roller-coaster-tycoon-rulesheet-anyone?tu=daveh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.