(Topic ID: 219714)

Roller Coaster Tycoon owners club. All are welcome.

By CoolCatPinball

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 682 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by arcyallen
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1711859811966 (resized).jpg
17086245809012815563084633662425 (resized).jpg
Shooter rod (resized).png
PXL_20240214_133628122 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
17072391242953913578907376808413 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240205_030956 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
received_343346438608608 (resized).jpeg
received_320795020353540 (resized).jpeg
stimpy-red-button (resized).png
received_1036223747682999 (resized).jpeg
received_878931270285572 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230927_214228617.MP.jpg
PXL_20230927_214239254.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 5 years ago

sorry for poor photo, no hole or post on mine. I would check that ghost target to make sure it is registering.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
2 months later
#94 5 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Apparently ramps/plastics for this game are a royal pain in the behind to locate.

#95 5 years ago

Your right, I have been looking for a right ramp forever!

#96 5 years ago

duplicate

#101 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Sorry for the dark ones, phone was just about dead so the flash wouldn't work.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is there a ghost mod on your game? Have a picture of it?

#103 5 years ago

That’s cool, looks good

2 months later
#109 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’ve got an NOS left ramp I’d let them use as a template if a reputable person was taking on the project. But so far, the volume they would sell isn’t high enough to make it worthwhile. I’m still looking for a right ramp to replace my broken one.

Do you or anyone else reading this have a guess what the volume level would have to be for this to be worthwhile to run?

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’ve talked to ramp makers, and it’s really more of an opportunity cost. It’s not that they can’t make them and maybe sell enough to make a tiny profit. It’s that the time to do it can be used on higher volume game ramps which are more likely to turn a profit. It’s just not worth the effort for them while there are other games that are more likely to be successful. And I’m smart enough to know that I don’t want to take on trying it myself.

Makes good business sense. I know that there seems to be a lot of need for the right ramp since that right top flipper destroys them. I would purchase a couple replacements myself if remade. I do wonder if the demand is great enough for a run of them. I just wonder if we could gather collectors on here that would commit to buying, would the demand be enough of a reason for the makers to consider a run and make a solid profit on it. ie maybe tg3 demand is more tgen they previously thought.

RCT isn’t the most loved by the masses but has a great cult following IMO and to get ramps remade considered might need to have some nudging By the group of owners. I know they remade the notoriously broken EAT plastic before.

3 weeks later
#121 5 years ago

Yeah the manual isn’t correct on the rings

#136 5 years ago

Hmm why try to win an arguement as a business over the internet. Just looks bad if you ask me. How about responding that you understand some of the ring sizes might be incorrect and that you will be removeing the kits until your able to confirm what the proper sizing is for an RCT machine.

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I ordered almost $400 of all sizes of rubbers from marco yesterday. They arrived this AM! No more screwing around with "kits" that are put together using the sometimes incorrect manual sizes. My game is about 50% shopped and LED'ed now. Waiting on pinball life LED britecaps shipment so I can finish.
RCT owners who bought (or will buy in the future) a rubber kit undoubtedly got (or will get) many wrong sizes. I got a kit from titan, gameroomguys (on ebay) and marco directly and ALL sizes were taken from the manual. At the very least, you need three 2.5" rings not the three 2" rings that all kits send. Yes, you can stretch a 2" rubber in place of a 2.5" but it's not right and will play different.
[quoted image]

Awesome, when you rerubber the RCT it would be cool if you wrote all the sizes down and posted them here so we could all update our manuals.

1 month later
#160 5 years ago

I would check switch 31 to make sure it’s registering for the 3 drop bank target.

A3B6BABE-A4CC-44FC-856C-A85840BF0FA6 (resized).pngA3B6BABE-A4CC-44FC-856C-A85840BF0FA6 (resized).png

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from setagneb:

Hello Everyone,
New member here, this is pretty cool to see all the mods. I have turned my Rollercoaster Tycoon into a wacky sort of exercise machine by installing a sit-n-cycle in front of it. It's a pretty sweet workout.
However, I have a problem with my machine. There is a ball stuck at the bottom of the rocket. I have tried removing the glass and fishing the ball out with my hands and a screwdriver, but there is no way to get the ball back out the way it went in from the bottom, it has to go up the tube to get out. For some reason, the rocket hasn't fired. (I don't really understand how the rocket mechanism works inside the square metal tube) I have never had any trouble with the rocket before, I think it somehow got jammed during a multiball.
Of course, I can still play the machine, but the stuck ball isn't going anywhere, so I can never hit the rocket and get a super jackpot, etc.
Any ideas?

Sounds like it is the micro switch. And yeah a telescopic magnet will work to pull the ball out. Have any pictures of your exercise set up?

1 week later
#172 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterdudebob:

So I had an issue with the 3 drop target bank not dropping the middle target. The coil for the mechanism needed replaced and I did. Now, the middle drop target always drops a second or so after a reset during game play. I've adjusted the position mechanism to no avail. Does anyone have any advice on this? (Photos are appreciated.) Minus this one issue, the game is 100%.

That is what it is supposed to do. Off the top of my head it should stay up during the Dunk the Dummy modes.

3 weeks later
#177 5 years ago

That diverter should only activate when the Chicago loop switch activates and the lock isn’t lit...so maybe that switch needs replacing. Are you shooting the Chicago loop when the lock isn’t lit and it’s falling into the left kickback missing the diverter?

5 months later
#228 4 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

My RCT won Best in Play: Modern (2000-present) at the Pintastic show in Sturbridge! I thought you guys might appreciate the topper I built. A functional model rollercoaster activated by the rocket shot. Here is a quick video my friend took:
[quoted image]

That Roller coaster is really awesome! What toy rollercoaster set is that? I might want to try this on my game.

1 year later
#373 3 years ago

Is it the pop up post near the A lane at the top left of play field? Normally flush with the play field connected to a solenoid to pop up and stop the ball.

36ddc3cbfcd5635a62500424cba9bcfda696bf51_1 (resized).jpeg36ddc3cbfcd5635a62500424cba9bcfda696bf51_1 (resized).jpeg
#375 3 years ago

Oh cool glad you found it...yeah parts that get loose can end up in strange spots quickly lol

6 months later
#481 2 years ago

Someone put that post on there it’s not factory correct

6 months later
#528 2 years ago

That Funhouse cover is very cool, I want one of those!

1 year later
#597 11 months ago

I am in for one

#608 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Anyone know what function this gate serves? It's not one way. There's no switch. Is it the correct on? Is it just for funsies?
[quoted image]

It is supposed to be one way

#610 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

That would make sense, but it doesn't appear so based on the two parts:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=535-9173-00+stern
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=535-9174-00
Hence my confusion. Maybe there's some aspect of this design that makes it one way and mine isn't working right, but I don't see anything here to make it one way.

I just know mine works as a one way gate.

#612 11 months ago

There is a piece of Metal under the plastic that runs between the two arrows it is part of the mounting bracket. Near the right arrow it sticks out stopping the wire causing the metal gate to not swing to the right.

04DC8BA3-BEE3-4794-8B6B-B4D916247149 (resized).jpeg04DC8BA3-BEE3-4794-8B6B-B4D916247149 (resized).jpeg

#614 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Perfect, thanks. My gate is a little bent up which allows some balls to pop back out near the bottom of the gate. At least now I know what should be causing the gate to work one way.

It is not the best design and mine does allow some balls to escape the same way near the bottom of the gate also. It’s supposed to be one way but it doesn’t always function that way.

4 months later
#638 6 months ago

Wiring it up to some loud siren would be great

3 months later
#651 85 days ago
Quoted from erak:

I just picked one up. I wired it to the tilt. It's possible to turn it back before it totally tilts out. If you're r quick with it set to 3 tilt warnings. Someone will eventually want to find out what it does.
Lol
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

What size button is it I noticed on Amazon there is different sizes like 19mm 22mm etc

#654 84 days ago
Quoted from erak:

22. It just fits with the ring + nut included. I would actually go bigger if they had them. I think the hole is 24mm.

Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roller-coaster-tycoon-owners-club-all-are-welcome?tu=pinballlew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.