(Topic ID: 219714)

Roller Coaster Tycoon owners club. All are welcome.

By CoolCatPinball

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 682 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by arcyallen
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1711859811966 (resized).jpg
17086245809012815563084633662425 (resized).jpg
Shooter rod (resized).png
PXL_20240214_133628122 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
17072391242953913578907376808413 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240205_030956 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
received_343346438608608 (resized).jpeg
received_320795020353540 (resized).jpeg
stimpy-red-button (resized).png
received_1036223747682999 (resized).jpeg
received_878931270285572 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230927_214228617.MP.jpg
PXL_20230927_214239254.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#540 1 year ago

WOOT just joined the club. Snagged one that needs some work to put on route!

#541 1 year ago

Anyone have the speaker panel decal? curious how it looks from far back.

#544 1 year ago
Quoted from erak:

Made more stuff, just because.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Those look fun! I like the Rudy tie in

2 months later
#566 1 year ago

The right and left diverter covers could totally be 3d printed! Be a good project and part

#567 1 year ago

Possibly getting a protector kit made for the game/community. What are the high impact/break plastics?

Slings
Right eat
The plastic behind the ramps (if broken the ball breaks that plastic)

Anything else? I don’t think ours has others broken.

EDIT: these are the ones I'm thinking of at the moment.

image 1 (resized).jpegimage 1 (resized).jpegimage 2 (resized).jpegimage 2 (resized).jpegimage 3 (resized).jpegimage 3 (resized).jpegimage 5 (resized).jpegimage 5 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#569 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Possibly getting a protector kit made for the game/community. What are the high impact/break plastics?
Slings
Right eat
The plastic behind the ramps (if broken the ball breaks that plastic)
Anything else? I don’t think ours has others broken.
EDIT: these are the ones I'm thinking of at the moment.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Our new info plastics came. Last call for the high break plastic protectors before I ship these to Pbl to make the kit

#571 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Did I miss a cost? Certainly interested…are there color choices?

That’s all up to Pbl, I’m fine with clear, but this is a protector kit for the main high break plastics. If people want color that may be taken up with Pbl. The info plastic is 99% broke on all rct so having a protector to put under is step 1 for sure; I also have ~5 new info plastics to sell soon from pinball.center

#572 1 year ago

Anyone know the right 1 drop target logic/how it works? I’ve seen it randomly go up but now I’m not seeing it. In test the trip and reset work, the opto (38 switch test works) but I cannot find 39 switch.

Edit: wow we are missing a switch I’ll post pics after I’m out of the route dungeon

6A1930E2-4412-44DD-8276-E850DB27F25B (resized).jpeg6A1930E2-4412-44DD-8276-E850DB27F25B (resized).jpeg6C4A6531-A0A0-4CA4-95B1-5DD7D8BDF6E4 (resized).jpeg6C4A6531-A0A0-4CA4-95B1-5DD7D8BDF6E4 (resized).jpeg7133E60F-1F6E-4978-A16E-5CA493303067 (resized).jpeg7133E60F-1F6E-4978-A16E-5CA493303067 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#573 1 year ago

Installed then correct switch, and now all the fun modes work, waaaay more fun to play.

#575 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Awesome, enjoy! I’ll prob get hung for this but some days I enjoy playing RCT more than Godzilla

I was out on route last night working on games and we played RCT and mandalorian.... didn't even touch godzilla. fun game but need something different for a while.

2 months later
#611 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

That would make sense, but it doesn't appear so based on the two parts:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=535-9173-00+stern
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=535-9174-00
Hence my confusion. Maybe there's some aspect of this design that makes it one way and mine isn't working right, but I don't see anything here to make it one way.

I’ll be seeing mine on route tonight and can take a closer look, usually a 1 way gate the wire has an L that lays on the plastic or metal and then can only flip up/open one way

1 week later
#617 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Alright, I know I'm not the only one that's had this problem, but it seems many don't. Any suggestions on how to stop the ball from getting stuck here? The previous owner had a rubber placed awkwardly in the area, and I'd like to avoid that. Perhaps a small theme park themed toy attached there somehow? You can see I attached some furniture pad to the left of it to try, but I'd rather avoid that fix as I don't want to damage that arrow sticker.
[quoted image]

Just saw that ball stuck on route last week.... was kind of wondering why there isn't a post or something there...

1 week later
#619 10 months ago

Ok, I have 4 of these EAT plastics left. They were ordered from pinball.center. They do not fit exact, so they will require modification to fit. $40 shipped to the lower 48 states via a usps small box to prevent any damage. I've had one person already try it, and like mine, was better than the broken one. The part itself seems thick and flexible more than the original, but that thin section is prone to cracking.

Because of fitment PBL turned down making the protector kit... which is understandable, thus sorry, there will be no protector kit. I was pretty excited and spent a lot of time and money to get a full plastic set and was hoping to help the community but the pinball.center plastics just don't fit correct.

IMG_1384 (resized).jpegIMG_1384 (resized).jpegIMG_1385 (resized).jpegIMG_1385 (resized).jpegIMG_1386 (resized).jpegIMG_1386 (resized).jpegIMG_1387 (resized).jpegIMG_1387 (resized).jpeg
#621 10 months ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

That's odd, mine fit perfectly...
[quoted image]

When did you get yours? It has been out of stock for a while, and this would be from the "newer" batch.

EDIT: looks like 4 years ago? wonder what changed.....

2 months later
#629 8 months ago

We went to super bands and the top roll overs became a little tight and let the ball stick sometimes. Anyone experience that? also seems like a screw may be backing out so the roll over plastic becomes loose.

#632 8 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Does anyone have a suggestion on what to replace the plastic plug in the center of the lockdown bar with? After powdercoating my bar the (previously painted) button no longer matches.

If you really want Pbl sells new lockdowns with no hole

1 month later
#642 6 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Strange issue just cropped up with my RCT. When I press start to begin a game the auto-plunge activates instantly leaving me no time to manually plunge and the dmd reads ‘ball saved’.
I checked the active switches in switch test and nothing unusual is registering. Just the trough 1,2,3, lower opto, rotating opto and center drop target (as it is lowered in a active game).
Any ideas? Anyone else had this happen?

Sounds like a deeper issue (board?) BUT go into the coindoor menu and see if auto plunge is on. Check your ball save time and check your batteries on the cpu board. After that lets see whats up!

#646 6 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Struck out on all 3. Still instantly auto-plunging the ball the second I hit start. Pulled (very carefully and with the proper tool) every pullable chip on the main board and re-seated…issue persists.

Ok, so in coin door options, check the switch test. Let’s see if the game thinks a ball is in the shooter lane. We’ll check the easy stuff first before going to the coil.

In active switch test it should show you all active switches. See if the shooter lane is active without touching it. Maybe wiggle the cabinet a little to see if there is a “loose” connection that changes the state of a switch. Sometimes the force of a coil firing can do that if a wire is barely touching

3 months later
#655 82 days ago
Quoted from topkat:

This is the first machine i will be refreshing that has the spinning disk. Is it recommended to grease any part of the mech? Any tips when cleaning it?
I have not removed yet, but it looks pretty dirty on the gear wheel.

We put clock oil on the shaft section

1 week later
#663 70 days ago

Iirc the dot/punch should be in the middle of the flipper point. So they are too low at the moment

#665 70 days ago
Quoted from topkat:

thanks. I know some older williams the dot went below the flipper.

Ya, I think those you’d put a roll pin or something in and the flipper would rest on that to align. At this point I always seem to mess one up the first alignment hahaha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roller-coaster-tycoon-owners-club-all-are-welcome?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.