(Topic ID: 219714)

Roller Coaster Tycoon owners club. All are welcome.

By CoolCatPinball

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 682 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by arcyallen
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1711859811966 (resized).jpg
17086245809012815563084633662425 (resized).jpg
Shooter rod (resized).png
PXL_20240214_133628122 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
17072391242953913578907376808413 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240205_030956 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
received_343346438608608 (resized).jpeg
received_320795020353540 (resized).jpeg
stimpy-red-button (resized).png
received_1036223747682999 (resized).jpeg
received_878931270285572 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230927_214228617.MP.jpg
PXL_20230927_214239254.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mightyripples.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#236 4 years ago

Has anyone put a shaker into their RCT? I found a universal one that’s supposed to be compatible with SAM/Whitestar games. I’m torn on getting it because they run about $200 and would want to know that it’ll be well worth it before I pull the trigger on getting one. Any info helps

#238 4 years ago

jaytrem

It’s our first machine and I seem to want all the mods on it for some reason? that would be an awesome suprise

I was looking more at the pinshakers one, to pair it with the pop bumpers and rocket shot. Maybe just to play around and try a bunch of the different options with it. Being super new to owning a pinball machine, I’ve watched their installation video and it seems rather complex. I guess I’d have to look deep into the instruction manual for the exact pieces already existing on the boards.

I was also looking at the different cab lighting kits. I’m not certain I’d want to go with an interactive one. Just wish I knew more about all the inside open sockets/ hook ups for these mods

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

When I had an RCT I used the lighting kit from Rock Pinball. I highly recommend their kit. https://www.rockcustompinball.com/product-page/roller-coarster-tycoon

Thanks for the advice! I’ll have to check them out, might end up being a Christmas gift for dad

Quoted from jaytrem:

Lots of youtube videos out there to help and people on here are also great.
RCT is definitely my most modded machine. The rest I wanted to keep more original. I hate the troll so he had to go. Initially bought a ghost, for the dunk tank, but that didn't really make much sense. Ended up putting him over the Flying Ghost track and am very happy with him. Turns out Fisher Price little people area perfect fit for the dunk tank, so I put one of them in there. Next came the Color DMD. Then I successfully nagged Tilt Graphics into making these game blades...
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/rollercoaster-tycoon-gameblades
I think they sold at least 3 sets! Last thing I added was a LEDOCD, tried a couple different brands but couldn't seem to get rid of ghosting LEDs. Would love to get a shaker, and that would probably be about it.

I do love that little ghost guy you put on there haha, and those art blades make a HUGE difference too, that might be one of the things I go for way later on after cab lights and a shaker. I might need a second job to fund this pinball addiction

#243 4 years ago

Any advise helps,

I have this new problem with the left flipper, if you hold the button, the flipper will go up for a moment then drop down again, and go up again and hold.. and after so long, it’ll go down again. It’s not every single time, it’ll start to act this way and then other times it’s normal. This just started happening last night. Any advice on how to fix it? I can post pictures of it tomorrow if that helps, of the inside behind the flipper. The problem affects both of the left flippers. I’m guessing a wire may have come lose and just needs to be soldered?

Thanks!

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm sure someone will chime in with better info than me, but behind the flipper theres a double layered leaf switch. I'd start by inspecting the contact points and wiring on that first. Do both left flippers do this behavior in unison?

Yea they both either go up or down. So I’ll take a look at the switch down there after work tonight. Thank you!

Quoted from jaytrem:

If you don't get any good help here you might want to create a new thread. I'm sure a lot more people will see it and hopefully help out.
Since it's both flippers I guess that eliminates a bad coil. Maybe clean the contacts by the flipper button to start (with contact cleaner, not a file or sand paper). Cheap and easy and good chance nobody bothered to do it in the last 15 years. Also check the switch spacing, tools like this are very handy for adjusting...
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-SWK-B
There are a number of different shapes and lengths.

Thank you! I’ll look into getting one of those tools to see if that’s the simple fix. I hope it is, I’ll keep you updated if I get it fixed or not. Also started a new thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-issue-on-rct#post-5278092

#248 4 years ago

Update: flipper issue went away, if it occurs again I’ll clean the connectors, but until then, smooth sailing! Thank you for the advice jaytrem and CoolCatPinball

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Did you get them? I looked and it said out of stock on their site.

I believe these are the same ones and are in stock

https://cointaker.com/products/rollercoaster-tycoon-gameblades

1 month later
#270 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinbegin11:

Hello, picked this up sometime ago. Finally have it working and cleaned up. Like you hear your thoughts.
Thanks[quoted image]

I like the dunk tank guy

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Having an issue with the top left flipper. It’s completely dead. All other flippers work fine. I replaced the coil and still no luck. Any suggestions?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/various-issues-with-my-rollercoaster-tycoon#post-5338099

I’d see the 2nd post on the thread from LTG, basically saying to do a flipper rebuild of the top left one. Hope this helps!

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Having an issue with the top left flipper. It’s completely dead. All other flippers work fine. I replaced the coil and still no luck. Any suggestions?

I would check the EOS switches, first the one at the flipper button itself to see that the two rods are touching. And if they are I would look at the EOS switch that’s attached to the upper left flipper. For reference I’d look at the upper right flipper as I would think them to both be set up the same way.

Also. I have this buzzing/ humming issue on my top right flipper (that’s where the sound comes from 100%) does it just need a new coil up there? Just figured I’d ask before I go ordering one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mightyripples.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roller-coaster-tycoon-owners-club-all-are-welcome?tu=mightyripples and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.