(Topic ID: 219714)

Roller Coaster Tycoon owners club. All are welcome.

By CoolCatPinball

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 678 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by erak
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

17086245809012815563084633662425 (resized).jpg
Shooter rod (resized).png
PXL_20240214_133628122 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
17072391242953913578907376808413 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240205_030956 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
received_343346438608608 (resized).jpeg
received_320795020353540 (resized).jpeg
stimpy-red-button (resized).png
received_1036223747682999 (resized).jpeg
received_878931270285572 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230927_214228617.MP.jpg
PXL_20230927_214239254.jpg
Screenshot_20230903_001633_com.android.chrome (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcsquid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Check it out guys and gals. I made my own "arena" style lighting for my RCT. Before and after is a huge improvement in lighting. I actually seem to be playing a bit better since the install. Perhaps because I can see the ball better? Who knows.
[quoted image]

How did you install these without the left diverter and Chicago loop sign blocking you?

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

They're on magnetic strips so you just pull them down to raise the playfield. They fit fine once the playfield is in place

I know how they function, but when I went to install mine there wasn't enough room in between those playfield items and the glass to Install the actual lights short of cutting a corner off the Chicago loop sign. I guess I'll screw with it some more.

2 months later
#205 4 years ago

My RCT won Best in Play: Modern (2000-present) at the Pintastic show in Sturbridge! I thought you guys might appreciate the topper I built. A functional model rollercoaster activated by the rocket shot. Here is a quick video my friend took:

2019-06-28 16.45.17 (resized).jpg2019-06-28 16.45.17 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#230 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

That Roller coaster is really awesome! What toy rollercoaster set is that? I might want to try this on my game.

It's half coaster dynamix model set and half 3D printed/made by me. These model kits are nearly unobtainium these days and all I could source was some misc parts. Had to make the rest.

3 weeks later
#242 4 years ago
Quoted from redman822:When I had an RCT I used the lighting kit from Rock Pinball. I highly recommend their kit. https://www.rockcustompinball.com/product-page/roller-coarster-tycoon

I also own this kit. Its awesome! top notch customer service too!

2 months later
#281 4 years ago

If its locked on, then you may have a shorted transistor on the driver board, or a short somewhere. There are a ton of resources out there for this issue. Google "coil locked on" for troubleshooting steps

2 months later
#295 4 years ago
Quoted from StavrosMilos:

Anyone torn down the playfield? I bought an RCT for the family for Xmas and it really wasn’t too clean. Figured since I’m locked in the house I’d clean/wax/led her. This is my first tear down and I was wondering if anyone had a particular order they would recommend especially with all the ramps/rails etc. Thanks In advance.

You should take your own, but if you end up missing photos I still have all mine from the teardown.

The biggest problem with (dis)assembly order is the rocket plus the middle ramp. It's really hard to get them apart/back together as I recall.

2 weeks later
#297 3 years ago
Quoted from StavrosMilos:

So I’ve removed all the ramps and am starting the clean and I notice I’m missing a post. I’ve figured out which of two parts of might be, the difference being the length of the thread. The post goes right at the end of the metal guard between the troll and the top bumper(see pic).
I’ve deduced through the rubbers map that it’s got to be either 4a or 4b(see other pic) but am unsure which to order since I can’t find a map of the posts in the manual.
Anyone know for sure? Thanks in advance trying to avoid ordering both.[quoted image][quoted image]

4A is usually fastened with a washer and lock nut, 4B goes into a T nut.

so if there is a T nut there you can get 4B, otherwise 4A.

that being said 4A will work in either scenario most likely

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcsquid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roller-coaster-tycoon-owners-club-all-are-welcome?tu=mcsquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.