(Topic ID: 219714)

Roller Coaster Tycoon owners club. All are welcome.

By CoolCatPinball

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 682 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by arcyallen
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1711859811966 (resized).jpg
17086245809012815563084633662425 (resized).jpg
Shooter rod (resized).png
PXL_20240214_133628122 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
17072391242953913578907376808413 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240205_030956 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
received_343346438608608 (resized).jpeg
received_320795020353540 (resized).jpeg
stimpy-red-button (resized).png
received_1036223747682999 (resized).jpeg
received_878931270285572 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230927_214228617.MP.jpg
PXL_20230927_214239254.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glsp3022.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#214 4 years ago

Finally a member. This is kind of a dream theme. I love roller coasters and the gameplay and layout of this machine is pretty darn fun!

20190714_145552 (resized).jpg20190714_145552 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#219 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Not in the club, but I want to be! If anyone has a good one for sale in Central/Western PA please give me a shout.

I was able to snag mine in Pittsburgh from a CL wanted ad. The seller even offered to deliver. Not everyone on CL is a scammer. Might try an ad there. Good luck with your search.

6 months later
#291 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Blew a fuse on my RCT yesterday. Was kinda crazy. I had 3 ball multiball going and hit the Chicago Loop. Around the same time an air ball hopped up there. I'm not sure what it hit or if it was just bad timing, but the slings stop working along with the Chicago Loop diverter and the post by a-b-c. Replaced the fuse and everything is back to working fine. First time I've ever had an air ball cause a fuse to blow.

I've blown this same fuse twice in maybe 2 yrs. But I use the cheap Chinese solder blob fuses. I don't believe it's an underlying problem. Maybe just a circuit design flaw, If certain coils all fire at the same time.

11 months later
#369 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

FYI, just posted my new RollerCoaster Tycoon roller coaster mod for sale:

I have what I believe is the first prototype RCT model coaster. It looks great!! Perfectly marches the backglass and slingshot art.

You just have to be a bit creative with the mounting. I used two star posts to support a piece of lexan. Be sure to shape the corners of the lexan so it doesn't interfere with the habitrails. Then I used some 3M mounting tape to secure the model to the lexan. It's a very rigid setup that can easily be removed if ever desired.

20210211_110948 (resized).jpg20210211_110948 (resized).jpg20210211_111013 (resized).jpg20210211_111013 (resized).jpg20210211_111036 (resized).jpg20210211_111036 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#381 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Working on a RCT machine I got a few weeks ago. Seem to be having trouble with the three-target drop bank. For some reason the center target falls on its own a few seconds after it has been raised, regardless of any ball hitting it. I looked underneath and there is a tiny coil mounted right below the middle target. Not sure what that one does. Anyone have some experience with normal operation of this mechanism would be welcome.
Also, it looks like removal of the entire bank requires some switch connectors to be removed, and then the two coild to be un-soldered. Is this correct?
Thanks in advance...

The target is supposed to fall. It prevents a ball from getting trapped behind it. The center target only stays up in a couple modes.

#382 3 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

Has anybody made a replacement "EAT" plastic yet? And a full plastic protector set that includes the EAT plastic protector?

Pinball center overseas sells the EAT plastic, but they don't ship to the US. If you contact Pinsider Zitt, he is doing a group buy soon. You can get on the list to order that very plastic.

3 months later
#421 2 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Well I have Rudy finished. Who knows what horrors he did to that troll?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's really awesome! I have trolls for every holiday I swap out. Ironically, every once in a great while the dummy says "I am very not happy with you right now". I believe this may be a hidden tribute to Rudy.

3 weeks later
#441 2 years ago
Quoted from usul27:

Same issue with the old ROM. These are not "old" anyway. Therefore, the problem has to be something else. Any other idea?

Sounds like an opto issue. Might be dropping out. The ball trough has 2 optos, #1 Position and the anti-jam position. Fun modes are activated by the opto behind the drop target.
Those seem to be your problem areas. I think they are on the 12v circuit. Do you have a colorDMD or any other mods that could be stressing the 12v rail?

Also check the opto boards themselves for "cold solder" joints. They are notorious for this.

2 months later
#499 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballlarry1:

Question about the left shooter lane locking one or two balls. I've been playing RCT for a while now. Whenever I send a ball on the rocket yellow ramp, it drops the ball into the left shooter lane nicely. However, the game immediately shoots the ball out onto the blue ramp. I see there are rollover switches for two balls to sit in the left shooter lane, but my game never locks a ball there. Sometimes the dummy says "oh no, two at once", is this supposed to mean two ball multiball is starting? I need to further investigate my left lane switches it appears. Can anyone confirm that one ball will physically stay in the left lane? thanks!

Your game is behaving normally. There is only supposed to be 1 ball locked there at a time. On rare occasions, you'll get 2 and it enters like a secret "2 for 1" mode.

1 year later
#549 1 year ago
Quoted from ArmyChris:

Thanks for the quick reply! Cliffys were recommended for my Mando so I'll definitely get some. So far the playfield/ramps are in really, really good condition and hope to keep it that ay.
Oh I've seen people talk about nvram for older machines. Is it something that should definitely be done because of acid leaking or something for old batteries?
And is it easy to do?
Thanks

Congrats on the pick up. I love this game. Besides the already mentioned NVRAM, I'm seeing a lot of these Whitestar boards with failing capacitors on the power driver nowadays. I've repaired four in the past 6 months that were causing resets.
Im not saying yours is due, but if you notice the machine resets or goes dead in the middle of a game, it's time to get the caps swapped.

Also, a common misconception; batteries don't leak acid, they leak alkaline which is the exact opposite. Any damaged board should be treated with an acid like vinegar.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
$ 18.95
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glsp3022.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roller-coaster-tycoon-owners-club-all-are-welcome?tu=glsp3022 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.