(Topic ID: 219714)

Roller Coaster Tycoon owners club. All are welcome.

By Scribbles

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 295 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by McSquid
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 98 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0D31230C-483D-486E-BFAF-CDBCD1D36B91 (resized).jpeg
Lizard (resized).jpg
20191209_143653 (resized).jpg
DDF0C8D8-D478-4250-BAAA-B552993DADCA (resized).jpeg
F300D6AB-22B3-4BE9-A132-F37CBF06D852 (resized).jpeg
59AC8104-8E0B-485E-B3B6-5441B70E6CEF (resized).jpeg
29FBA6A8-01F5-4562-B30F-3E91EC7B7AF1 (resized).jpeg
20191020_104426 (resized).jpg
CC816677-DD0E-49AC-8E29-D1E6C1488C06 (resized).jpeg
EE067463-7C48-4FFA-A681-F2F6E237F9D3 (resized).jpeg
20190820_165546 (resized).jpg
Instruction 3 (resized).jpg
Instruction 2 (resized).jpg
Instruction 1 (resized).jpg
RCT - Free Play (resized).jpg
20190714_145552 (resized).jpg

There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 5 months ago

Yup, those are the same ones I have.

Glad to hear the flipper issue has corrected itself. Some times those things happen. I had a Black Jack with a slingshot that would only work for a couple minutes after the machine turned on, and a chime that would only fire occasionally. Took it to the York show and it did the same thing, then at some point during the day they both started working perfectly. Next day still perfect. Not sure about now since I sold it.

#252 5 months ago

Hello i’m a new owner since yesterday. My pinball have the two opto missing on right drop target. I don’t know where it’s supposed to be screwed under the playfield !? If someone can show me a picture because i don’t find it on google...

Thanks
29FBA6A8-01F5-4562-B30F-3E91EC7B7AF1 (resized).jpeg59AC8104-8E0B-485E-B3B6-5441B70E6CEF (resized).jpegF300D6AB-22B3-4BE9-A132-F37CBF06D852 (resized).jpeg

#253 5 months ago

Ok i answer myself. I need this bracket. But i can’t find it in europe

DDF0C8D8-D478-4250-BAAA-B552993DADCA (resized).jpeg
#254 5 months ago

Was just about to take a picture for you. Can you find it in the US? I'll ship it to you if the business won't.

#255 5 months ago
Quoted from KoSLoW:

Ok i answer myself. I need this bracket. But i can’t find it in europe [quoted image]

Looks like Marco has it in stock:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-9176-00

#256 5 months ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Was just about to take a picture for you. Can you find it in the US? I'll ship it to you if the business won't.

Like said timeraider and after my research only marco sell this bracket.
The problem is the shipping cost...for me it’s 44.55€ / 50$
This is minimum shipping cost for 3 weeks

If i accept your offer can you deliver it to you and send it back to me with the cheapest shipping cost ever ?

#257 5 months ago
Quoted from KoSLoW:

Like said timeraider and after my research only marco sell this bracket.
The problem is the shipping cost...for me it’s 44.55€ / 50$
This is minimum shipping cost for 3 weeks
If i accept your offer can you deliver it to you and send it back to me with the cheapest shipping cost ever ?

Wow that's pretty high, it looks like shipping should be about half that amount. I can order one if you'd like me to. Won't cost you anything to ship to me since I'll be buying a few other things. Just let me know. I'll also check to see if a friend is heading back to Europe any time soon.

I did something similar recently. Had some Hurricane plastics shipped to Canada since Pinball Centre doesn't ship to the US, only cost $10. Now waiting for a friend (or one of his family members) to bring it down from Montreal.

#258 5 months ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Wow that's pretty high, it looks like shipping should be about half that amount. I can order one if you'd like me to. Won't cost you anything to ship to me since I'll be buying a few other things. Just let me know. I'll also check to see if a friend is heading back to Europe any time soon.
I did something similar recently. Had some Hurricane plastics shipped to Canada since Pinball Centre doesn't ship to the US, only cost $10. Now waiting for a friend (or one of his family members) to bring it down from Montreal.

Ok great ! I will pm you. I can paypal the bracket + shipping.
And if you need to buy in europe i can re send it to usa without problems !

#259 5 months ago
Quoted from KoSLoW:

Ok great ! I will pm you. I can paypal the bracket + shipping.
And if you need to buy in europe i can re send it to usa without problems !

Sounds good. Take a look and see if there is anything else you need from Marco. I just bought 3 ramp flaps for my RCT last time I did an order.

Thanks for the Europe shipping offer. If you could run over to Spain and grab me a Jolly Park that would be great!

#260 5 months ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Sounds good. Take a look and see if there is anything else you need from Marco. I just bought 3 ramp flaps for my RCT last time I did an order.
Thanks for the Europe shipping offer. If you could run over to Spain and grab me a Jolly Park that would be great!

Ok i will take a look on marco to see if i need others parts.
Yes i also wanted to have this pinball but in europe i never seen a jolly park for sale. Reserved to spanish only ?

#262 5 months ago

You're in luck, I guess I got the last one.

Splurged for a new Hurricane translite too. Didn't need one too bad, but figured I should buy it while I can.

2 weeks later
#263 4 months ago

Just checking what’s the latest Rom number for RCT, want to make sure I am running the Latest code

Thank you

1 week later
#265 4 months ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Just checking what’s the latest Rom number for RCT, want to make sure I am running the Latest code
Thank you

7.01. It’s pretty easy to look up on Stern’s website. Normally you just go to Support, Game Code, and then just search for the game. They have the latest code for every game they ever made.

#266 4 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

7.01. It’s pretty easy to look up on Stern’s website. Normally you just go to Support, Game Code, and then just search for the game. They have the latest code for every game they ever made.

Thank you

I did not know about the website I will look up the info!

#267 4 months ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Thank you
I did not know about the website I will look up the info!

I had a lot of trouble trying to switch ROM chips in my RCT. For some reason the machine didnt like the newer code. I ended up sticking with what was in the machine. I forget what code it was, but my understanding is the code never was very deep anyway. It's a great game, just not that complex rule wise. I enjoyed mine very much while I had it

#268 4 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

I had a lot of trouble trying to switch ROM chips in my RCT. For some reason the machine didnt like the newer code. I ended up sticking with what was in the machine. I forget what code it was, but my understanding is the code never was very deep anyway. It's a great game, just not that complex rule wise. I enjoyed mine very much while I had it

Did you change the display driver as well? Most of the time (on older games) it comes down to a few issues. Display driver ROM, followed by chip sizing (which is VERY particular).

1 week later
#269 3 months ago

Hello, picked this up sometime ago. Finally have it working and cleaned up. Like you hear your thoughts.

Thanks

20191209_143653 (resized).jpg
#270 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinbegin11:

Hello, picked this up sometime ago. Finally have it working and cleaned up. Like you hear your thoughts.
Thanks[quoted image]

I like the dunk tank guy

#271 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinbegin11:

Thanks[quoted image]

Fun game, congrats!!

#272 3 months ago
Quoted from MightyRipples:

I like the dunk tank guy

Lizard (resized).jpg
#273 3 months ago

Welcome to the club! Did you put that guy in? I hated the troll, replaced mine with a Fisher Price person.

#274 3 months ago

I have a few characters that I swap out from time to time. Just makes it fun.

#275 3 months ago

Having an issue with the top left flipper. It’s completely dead. All other flippers work fine. I replaced the coil and still no luck. Any suggestions?

#276 3 months ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Having an issue with the top left flipper. It’s completely dead. All other flippers work fine. I replaced the coil and still no luck. Any suggestions?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/various-issues-with-my-rollercoaster-tycoon#post-5338099

I’d see the 2nd post on the thread from LTG, basically saying to do a flipper rebuild of the top left one. Hope this helps!

#277 3 months ago
Quoted from MightyRipples:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/various-issues-with-my-rollercoaster-tycoon#post-5338099
I’d see the 2nd post on the thread from LTG, basically saying to do a flipper rebuild of the top left one. Hope this helps!

It’s a nice suggestion, but a different issue. The guy in the other thread was having a mechanical problem with the flipper being very stiff and not going down. This one is for a dead flipper.

Quoted from DJY2J:

Having an issue with the top left flipper.

I’ll have a look at my game in a day or so to make some suggestions. There are different arraignments to fire a second flipper, and yours sounds like something went wrong.

What I’ll be looking for is how that happens. On some games there is a double stack of switches at the cabinet. On others there is an extra switch at the EOS that fires the other. And still others fire electronically. If you want to jump ahead, have a look at the first two spots (can switch and eos). I just can’t remember which way RCT does it off the top of my head.

#278 3 months ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

I would check the EOS switches, first the one at the flipper button itself to see that the two rods are touching. And if they are I would look at the EOS switch that’s attached to the upper left flipper. For reference I’d look at the upper right flipper as I would think them to both be set up the same way.

Also. I have this buzzing/ humming issue on my top right flipper (that’s where the sound comes from 100%) does it just need a new coil up there? Just figured I’d ask before I go ordering one

#279 3 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It’s a nice suggestion, but a different issue. The guy in the other thread was having a mechanical problem with the flipper being very stiff and not going down. This one is for a dead flipper.

I’ll have a look at my game in a day or so to make some suggestions. There are different arraignments to fire a second flipper, and yours sounds like something went wrong.
What I’ll be looking for is how that happens. On some games there is a double stack of switches at the cabinet. On others there is an extra switch at the EOS that fires the other. And still others fire electronically. If you want to jump ahead, have a look at the first two spots (can switch and eos). I just can’t remember which way RCT does it off the top of my head.

Rods touching and appear to be fine. Had issues in other machines so I’m aware of what it’s supposed to look like. Rods aren’t dirty. I put a whole new coil in. Just not getting power because there is not magnetic force or vibration occurring. Wires seem to all me in good condition. One thing I’ll need to do is look at the right flipper to compare. Pin is on route so I’ll have to go up and look.

3 weeks later
#280 85 days ago

Still having that upper left flipper issue. I put in a new coil, no change. I put in a new fuse 3a slo blow and now it flips and stays flipped when I close the coin door. After about 30 seconds the fuse burns out if I don’t open the coin door to release the flipper.

The flipper does not acknowledge any Pressing of flipper buttons. All other flippers continue to work properly.

0D31230C-483D-486E-BFAF-CDBCD1D36B91 (resized).jpeg
#281 84 days ago

If its locked on, then you may have a shorted transistor on the driver board, or a short somewhere. There are a ton of resources out there for this issue. Google "coil locked on" for troubleshooting steps

#282 80 days ago
Quoted from McSquid:

If its locked on, then you may have a shorted transistor on the driver board, or a short somewhere. There are a ton of resources out there for this issue. Google "coil locked on" for troubleshooting steps

Based on some other advice from fellow pin techs, everyone seems to think it’s a transistor. I have the manual but am not much for deciphering schematics. I haven’t seen it labeled specifically in there either. Any ideas which transistor it is? It’s been suggested q15 or q16 but I cannot confirm this.

Also it’s odd that the RottenDog board itself has no visible wear On any of the transistors both front and back. Nothing is ever easy

#283 79 days ago

Found it. Q13. But of course when I found a local shop that carries this kind of part I was greeted with a sign on the door that says “after 74 years of being in business we are closing our doors.” Had to order online and pay shipping

3 weeks later
#284 54 days ago

Still having transistor issues. I’m pretty through with Rottendog. I don’t think they’re even in business now. Phone disconnected and no return emails.

Anyway. Can someone Suggest where to get a replacement board? I’ve seen prices from$270 for another rottendog or $469 for a stern. Didn’t know if there are better options out there?

I’ve replaced both q13 and q14. I can’t get the soldering just right. Had q13 operational again briefly but solder came loose.

#285 53 days ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

I’ve replaced both q13 and q14. I can’t get the soldering just right. Had q13 operational again briefly but solder came loose.

Sent a PM with a repair techs name. There’s no need to replace the board for a minor repair in my opinion.

#286 53 days ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Still having transistor issues. I’m pretty through with Rottendog. I don’t think they’re even in business now. Phone disconnected and no return emails.
Anyway. Can someone Suggest where to get a replacement board? I’ve seen prices from$270 for another rottendog or $469 for a stern. Didn’t know if there are better options out there?

I don't think Rottendog is out of business. I have a lot of their boards and they've been good to me on support. I think they may just be swamped right now.

I second the recommendation that you don't need to replace the board just because of a bad transistor. If there's nobody close you can ship it to any number of reputable places for a fix for way less than the price of a new board.

1 week later
#287 39 days ago

Blew a fuse on my RCT yesterday. Was kinda crazy. I had 3 ball multiball going and hit the Chicago Loop. Around the same time an air ball hopped up there. I'm not sure what it hit or if it was just bad timing, but the slings stop working along with the Chicago Loop diverter and the post by a-b-c. Replaced the fuse and everything is back to working fine. First time I've ever had an air ball cause a fuse to blow.

#288 39 days ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Blew a fuse on my RCT yesterday. Was kinda crazy. I had 3 ball multiball going and hit the Chicago Loop. Around the same time an air ball hopped up there. I'm not sure what it hit or if it was just bad timing, but the slings stop working along with the Chicago Loop diverter and the post by a-b-c. Replaced the fuse and everything is back to working fine. First time I've ever had an air ball cause a fuse to blow.

Glad it was just a fuse! Easy fixes are always a relief.

#289 39 days ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

There is likely some underlying problem there.

#290 39 days ago
Quoted from Brijam:

There is likely some underlying problem there.

Maybe, but I've got a good 1.5 hours of play on since then and it's worked perfect. 90% sure that air ball caused the issue. It happened so quick I don't recall if the ball went into the lock lane or the inlane like it should, may have even fallen off the side. Was very shortly afterwards that I noticed the slings not working. I'll have to take a good look at that Chicago loop switch and see if there is anything exposed that the ball could have hit.

#291 38 days ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

I've blown this same fuse twice in maybe 2 yrs. But I use the cheap Chinese solder blob fuses. I don't believe it's an underlying problem. Maybe just a circuit design flaw, If certain coils all fire at the same time.

#292 38 days ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I've blown this same fuse twice in maybe 2 yrs. But I use the cheap Chinese solder blob fuses. I don't believe it's an underlying problem. Maybe just a circuit design flaw, If certain coils all fire at the same time.

Good to know, thanks!

4 weeks later
#293 8 days ago

Anyone torn down the playfield? I bought an RCT for the family for Xmas and it really wasn’t too clean. Figured since I’m locked in the house I’d clean/wax/led her. This is my first tear down and I was wondering if anyone had a particular order they would recommend especially with all the ramps/rails etc. Thanks In advance.

#294 8 days ago
Quoted from StavrosMilos:

Anyone torn down the playfield? I bought an RCT for the family for Xmas and it really wasn’t too clean. Figured since I’m locked in the house I’d clean/wax/led her. This is my first tear down and I was wondering if anyone had a particular order they would recommend especially with all the ramps/rails etc. Thanks In advance.

Take LOADS of photos.
Wherever possible, put the screws back in posts/holes after you have removed something. If not possible do a quick, rough layout drawing of the playfield onto cardboard (with posts, holes etc) and push the screws You take out into the corresponding spot in the cardboard.
Pay particular attention to which hex standoff goes where. The lengths are important so they must go back in the right place.
Be patient.
Clean the playfield inserts from the underside. You won’t believe how much brighter it makes the game look.
Enjoy your game when it is nice and shiny.

#295 6 days ago
Quoted from StavrosMilos:

You should take your own, but if you end up missing photos I still have all mine from the teardown.

The biggest problem with (dis)assembly order is the rocket plus the middle ramp. It's really hard to get them apart/back together as I recall.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9,000.00
$ 25.00
Lighting - Led
Pinshakers
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 21.00
$ 49.00
There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside