Roller Coaster Tycoon owners club. All are welcome.

(Topic ID: 219714)

Roller Coaster Tycoon owners club. All are welcome.

By Scribbles

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Scribbles
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 51 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181025_220213 (resized).jpg
20181025_220037 (resized).jpg
20181025_220029 (resized).jpg
20181025_220019 (resized).jpg
20181025_220023 (resized).jpg
20181025_220015 (resized).jpg
20181025_220011 (resized).jpg
20181025_220006 (resized).jpg
20181025_215951 (resized).jpg
20181025_215946 (resized).jpg
20181025_215942 (resized).jpg
20181025_215937 (resized).jpg
20181025_215933 (resized).jpg
20181025_215927 (resized).jpg
20181025_215924 (resized).jpg
20181025_215921 (resized).jpg

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 86 days ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Sorry for the dark ones, phone was just about dead so the flash wouldn't work.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is there a ghost mod on your game? Have a picture of it?

#102 86 days ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Is there a ghost mod on your game? Have a picture of it?

Yes, you can see some pics of it in my earlier posts in this thread. I can shoot a close up later if you'd like. Hovers over the Flying Ghost track.

#103 86 days ago

That’s cool, looks good

#104 86 days ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

That’s cool, looks good

Thanks, I initially was thinking to put him in the dunk tank. But that really didn't make much sense, especially with the callouts. Turns out I liked him over the Flying Ghost track, so was happy with my purchase.

2 weeks later
#105 68 days ago

Back in the club. Still no replacement ramps for this one huh. I put the cliffy's on but shame Stern didn't produce enough ramps back in the day to go around.

2 weeks later
#106 48 days ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Back in the club. Still no replacement ramps for this one huh. I put the cliffy's on but shame Stern didn't produce enough ramps back in the day to go around.

You'll never find the ramps.....lol. I also added the cliffys, and also made a custom metal guard where there was a crack in my left ramp. You just have to do what you can on this title.

4 weeks later
#107 18 days ago

Adding my hat to the ring if someone gets a lead on repro ramps (left and/or right).

#108 17 days ago
Quoted from Wildcat_33:

Adding my hat to the ring if someone gets a lead on repro ramps (left and/or right).

I’ve got an NOS left ramp I’d let them use as a template if a reputable person was taking on the project. But so far, the volume they would sell isn’t high enough to make it worthwhile. I’m still looking for a right ramp to replace my broken one.

#109 17 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’ve got an NOS left ramp I’d let them use as a template if a reputable person was taking on the project. But so far, the volume they would sell isn’t high enough to make it worthwhile. I’m still looking for a right ramp to replace my broken one.

Do you or anyone else reading this have a guess what the volume level would have to be for this to be worthwhile to run?

#110 17 days ago

Knowing the challenge to obtain, id likely go for 2 units of each if there was a run.

#111 17 days ago

I'd buy 1 of each.

#112 17 days ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Do you or anyone else reading this have a guess what the volume level would have to be for this to be worthwhile to run?

I’ve talked to ramp makers, and it’s really more of an opportunity cost. It’s not that they can’t make them and maybe sell enough to make a tiny profit. It’s that the time to do it can be used on higher volume game ramps which are more likely to turn a profit. It’s just not worth the effort for them while there are other games that are more likely to be successful. And I’m smart enough to know that I don’t want to take on trying it myself.

#113 17 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’ve talked to ramp makers, and it’s really more of an opportunity cost. It’s not that they can’t make them and maybe sell enough to make a tiny profit. It’s that the time to do it can be used on higher volume game ramps which are more likely to turn a profit. It’s just not worth the effort for them while there are other games that are more likely to be successful. And I’m smart enough to know that I don’t want to take on trying it myself.

Makes good business sense. I know that there seems to be a lot of need for the right ramp since that right top flipper destroys them. I would purchase a couple replacements myself if remade. I do wonder if the demand is great enough for a run of them. I just wonder if we could gather collectors on here that would commit to buying, would the demand be enough of a reason for the makers to consider a run and make a solid profit on it. ie maybe tg3 demand is more tgen they previously thought.

RCT isn’t the most loved by the masses but has a great cult following IMO and to get ramps remade considered might need to have some nudging By the group of owners. I know they remade the notoriously broken EAT plastic before.

#114 17 days ago

Well I’d buy a right ramp instantly. Mine was cracked when I got the game and broke the first afternoon playing it. I can’t even find a used one.

#115 16 days ago

I've had my RCT for about five years, but I'm thinking of finally moving in from it and getting a new pin. It's a fun game, but it's to the point I want something new...

#116 16 days ago

I would buy 2 of each

#117 13 days ago

I'd buy a left and a right if the price wasn't crazy high

#118 9 days ago

Happy to join the club! I assume LED's are pretty much essential for this game. I promised myself I wouldn't touch the next machine I got, and just enjoy it, but I'm not sure I'll be able to help myself from at least getting some nice sunlight LED's in there...

#119 6 days ago

Happy to join the club! I assume LED's are pretty much essential for this game. I promised myself I wouldn't touch the next machine I got, and just enjoy it, but I'm not sure I'll be able to help myself from at least getting some nice sunlight LED's in
Color dmd looks awesome as well, although the cost is debatable since RCT isn't a higher priced game. I love mine dearly though

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 329.00
$ 106.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 19.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 208.87
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside