(Topic ID: 219714)

Roller Coaster Tycoon owners club. All are welcome.

By CoolCatPinball

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 682 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by arcyallen
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1711859811966 (resized).jpg
17086245809012815563084633662425 (resized).jpg
Shooter rod (resized).png
PXL_20240214_133628122 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
17072391242953913578907376808413 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240205_030956 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
received_343346438608608 (resized).jpeg
received_320795020353540 (resized).jpeg
stimpy-red-button (resized).png
received_1036223747682999 (resized).jpeg
received_878931270285572 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230927_214228617.MP.jpg
PXL_20230927_214239254.jpg
There are 682 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.
#1 5 years ago

I'll be picking up my RCT in a few weeks, and didn't see a club created yet?! So, here it is! Let's start some discussion tips, tricks, tech info and all that great stuff! I know I'll be looking for some advice and possibly a few parts soon

#2 5 years ago
#3 5 years ago

I'm in. Picked up mine less than a year ago. Was probably huo and the owner let the batteries leak. Got it for a nice price and sent the board off to Jerry Clause repair. Has worked perfectly ever since.

Tilt Graphics recently made some art blades for it after I requested, haven't got a chance to put them in yet. Will post pics when I do.

Anyway, thanks for creating the club thread, hopefully we'll pic up a few more members.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

I'm in. Picked up mine less than a year ago. Was probably huo and the owner let the batteries leak. Got it for a nice price and sent the board off to Jerry Clause repair. Has worked perfectly ever since.
Tilt Graphics recently made some art blades for it after I requested, haven't got a chance to put them in yet. Will post pics when I do.
Anyway, thanks for creating the club thread, hopefully we'll pic up a few more members.

Awesome! Please do post some pictures! I know I'll want to do some tasteful mods

#5 5 years ago

Thanks! That will help a TON! I bought a Ripleys about a year ago and figured out the rules as I played. I'm still finding stuff out !

#6 5 years ago

I’ve had mine for a bit less than 3 years. It’s still a fun little game.

While I was down at Allentown this year I found an NOS RCT ramp sitting on a table, and scooped it up. Mines broken and poorly repaired at the top right, so that means the game will be getting a full shop job soon.

This is also the game I change the rules on the most. I tend to set it up extra hard where it gives you nothing. And then when I get bored like that I set it up stock and get Park Tycoon like crazy. It helps keep it fresh.

#7 5 years ago

I'm finding out parts like the ramp are hard to find! Does anyone know if the Cliffys ramp guards cover the commonly damaged area? Also, Where can I get my hands on the latest code, or a new chip with the code in it?

#8 5 years ago

Yes, The ramps are hard to find.
I think I got mine new code already on the chips from Marco. I suppose you can burn your own, if you are set up to do it. I think you can get the code from Stern web site.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

Yes, The ramps are hard to find.
I think I got mine new code already on the chips from Marco. I suppose you can burn your own, if you are set up to do it. I think you can get the code from Stern web site.

Marco, good to know. I'm confident I cant do it myself.

#10 5 years ago

I worked with Cliff years ago creating a rt ramp fix that does cover the most common ramp failure. One of the few games i have sold and bough back. Fun game for the money. Sold mine after i got park tycoon twice in on game. Fun to visit or have in a larger collection.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I worked with Cliff years ago creating a rt ramp fix that does cover the most common ramp failure. One of the few games i have sold and bough back. Fun game for the money. Sold mine after i got park tycoon twice in on game. Fun to visit or have in a larger collection.

I'll have to check those out then. It amazes me that these machines dont come straight from the manufacturer with guards in place around scoops and other wear areas.

#12 5 years ago

Ordered a set of cliffys! Nice guy. Hes a busy son of a gun. Said hes about 8 weeks behind right now

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Ordered a set of cliffys! Nice guy. Hes a busy son of a gun. Said hes about 8 weeks behind right now

Good time for someone else to open up another business 8 weeks is about as bad as Getting something chrome or brass plated

#14 5 years ago

Hey Pinballworks, I just saw your thread where you said you had to buy a case of those coaster miniatures. You still have any you'd be willing to part with?

Sorry, wrong guy...lol. Apparently there's another pinside member using the same avatar and they have owned an RCT in the past...

#15 5 years ago

In the club picked up a barley used HUO this morning!

20180701_123206 (resized).jpg20180701_123206 (resized).jpg
#16 5 years ago

Thats awesome! Just got mine home this weekend. Having issues powering up

#17 5 years ago

So, I've just noticed none of my flashers are working on my newly acquired Rct, I'm sure it has to be some type of switch, or controller. Any suggestions? I'll try the diagnostics of course when I have time. I just figured maybe someone has dealt with this sort of thing previously

EDIT: I found a blown fuse that controls the 20a low voltage circuit. Haven't replaced it yet, but that's probably it. Just so everyone knows, it didn't look blown, and it tested good on my meter while installed on the board. I had to physically remove each fuse and test them loose to find it.

#18 5 years ago

Hi All,

My RCT arrived last night and is settling in to the collection nicely.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from abendix:

Hi All,
My RCT arrived last night and is settling in to the collection nicely.

Welcome aboard man! I hope we get lots of new members here so we can help each other out

#20 5 years ago

Ohhh, my.... has anyone looked at replacing the bulb under the clear pop bumper on the left side?!?! What the hell? Anyone have any tricks or tips to make that easier?

#21 5 years ago

Ohhh, my.... has anyone looked at replacing the bulb under the clear pop bumper on the left side?!?! What the hell? Anyone have any tricks or tips to make that easier?

yeah, remove that left ramp haha... its a pickle to get on and off. Be sure to unplug the connectors under the playfield so you don't have to mess with any wiring above the playfield and leave it attached to the ramp when you remove it

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

yeah, remove that left ramp haha... its a pickle to get on and off. Be sure to unplug the connectors under the playfield so you don't have to mess with any wiring above the playfield and leave it attached to the ramp when you remove it

Great advice! Thanks! I should have had my LED kit shipped to you and let you install it! Its all in except for that pop bumper and the start button.

#23 5 years ago

My upper right flipper is acting up. It will stay open and then go back when the ball hits it. I have not looked to far into it yet, any ideas?

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

My upper right flipper is acting up. It will stay open and then go back when the ball hits it. I have not looked to far into it yet, any ideas?

While it is stuck up, power off the machine. If it drops, it is electrical. If it stays up, it is mechanical. That quickly leads you in the right direction.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

If its mech then take the whole mech apart and clean it and replace the sleeve... should be a world of difference

#26 5 years ago

Okay it's mech so I will take it apart. Thanks!

#27 5 years ago

Let me tell you guys, I just put a color DMD, Cointaker LEDs, and some color matched Titan rubbers in my RCT, and wow!!! What a huge difference. The colors just make that game really pop! I couldn't he happier with the results

#28 5 years ago

Let me tell you guys, I just put a color DMD, Cointaker LEDs, and some color matched Titan rubbers in my RCT, and wow!!! What a huge difference. The colors just make that game really pop! I couldn't he happier with the results

Cool, can you post some pics of the Titan stuff? Just used them for my Comet, mostly white though.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Cool, can you post some pics of the Titan stuff? Just used them for my Comet, mostly white though.

Sure will when I get home this evening!

#30 5 years ago

Here you go! The only rubbers that are highly visible are the slingshots and flippers.

20180706_185817 (resized).jpg20180706_185817 (resized).jpg20180706_185858 (resized).jpg20180706_185858 (resized).jpg20180706_190039 (resized).jpg20180706_190039 (resized).jpg20180706_190159 (resized).jpg20180706_190159 (resized).jpg20180706_190359 (resized).jpg20180706_190359 (resized).jpg20180706_190418 (resized).jpg20180706_190418 (resized).jpg
#31 5 years ago

I like it, especially the flippers. Was already going to buy a set from Titan, but wasn't really thinking about colors. Good game to play around with them though.

Nice clown suit on the troll, did he come that way? I evicted my troll, really couldn't stand him. Turns out Fisher Price little people fit perfect, and I just happen to have some farmer one with just the right attitude. Nice cheap mod.

20180109_204557 (resized).jpg20180109_204557 (resized).jpg
#32 5 years ago

Yes! The troll came that way. I was unaware the clown suit was different! My girlfriend is informing me she has plenty of Fischer price little people. She says yours is named Eddie

#33 5 years ago

She says yours is named Eddie

Funny, I didn't even know they had names. When I was looking for something to replace the troll I went to Target to see what kind of toys might work. Little people looked good, but they didn't have any I liked that much. Checked the kids' toys when I got home and found Eddie, perfect!

Initially I had purchased a ghost mod to maybe put in the dunk tank. He fit okay size wise, but didn't really like him their. Made no sense. Ended up putting him next to Eddie hovering above the Flying Ghost. I feel he's a good fit since those are the 2 voices in the game.

Yup, no way that clown outfit came with the the original troll. I know somebody else made one of those old time striped swim suits for theirs.

#34 5 years ago

I wanna see that ghost mod!

#35 5 years ago

Found an old pic on the phone...

Does make the area a little crowded, but not terrible.

20180109_204836 (resized).jpg20180109_204836 (resized).jpg
#36 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Found an old pic on the phone...
Does make the area a little crowded, but not terrible.

He looks awesome! Nice job!

#37 5 years ago

nm

#39 5 years ago

Yeah, ribbon cable backwars

#40 5 years ago

Just picked up a RCT yesterday and joined the club! Lamp matrix was not functional when I picked it up. I replaced the blown F22 fuse before loading it up and most lamps now light two other lamps (usually same column) in single lamp test mode. I'm guessing bad diode(s) somewhere and or short(s). I had a 7 hour drive home ahead of me, so I'll troubleshoot more when I get it set up at home. Other than the lamp matrix issues and a pop bumper not working, the overall condition was much better than I was expecting. The seller was very nice and helpful and I believe he wasn't aware of the issue, so I didn't dicker.

I haven't played RCT much and it's been years since the last time. My old rating wasn't great so it will be interesting to see how I like it once I get it tuned up and get some serious time on it. It will eventually go next to my other Lawlor pin with a creepy hairy head, Ripley's Believe it or Not (which is a great game).

Update: The right ramp is also cracked on the left side (piece missing). I guess I'll be picking up some Cliffy protectors as well.

Update 2 (10 hours later): I guess I was distracted by the lamp problem and didn't notice there was also a switch problem with an entire non-functional column (switches 33-40). At least that points to a column drive transistor and indeed transistor Q5 ohms out bad. I doubt this is related to my lamp problem and hopefully the transistor just needs replaced and is not just some symptom of another problem.

#41 5 years ago

Speaking of which... Does anyone know where I can pick up a right ramp? I’ve got an NOS left ramp, and I’d really like to replace them both. My right one was broken when I got the game, and it really lets the game down in my opinion.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Speaking of which... Does anyone know where I can pick up a right ramp? I’ve got an NOS left ramp, and I’d really like to replace them both. My right one was broken when I got the game, and it really lets the game down in my opinion.

I would get up with someone and make a repro set of that left ramp before you do anything with it...... its basically unobtanium

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

I would get up with someone and make a repro set of that left ramp before you do anything with it...... its basically unobtanium

Feel free to kick me a PM on who could do it. I’d offer my NOS one up to get them made, but I have no idea who does it. And I have no plans on putting it in the game until I find a right side one to go with it.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Feel free to kick me a PM on who could do it. I’d offer my NOS one up to get them made, but I have no idea who does it. And I have no plans on putting it in the game until I find a right side one to go with it.

Mark (freeplay40) could make the right, but there would need to be good demand. The left is huge, not sure if his planned larger setup could handle that one. He makes nice stuff though. The recent ramps he made for Comet are awesome!

#45 5 years ago

I second that on the left ramp reproduction. Its impossible to find. Mine is cracked. I'm planning on making some "cliffy " type stuff that's specific to my ramp just to hide it.....lol

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Mark (freeplay40) could make the right, but there would need to be good demand. The left is huge, not sure if his planned larger setup could handle that one. He makes nice stuff though. The recent ramps he made for Comet are awesome!

I second that on the left ramp reproduction. Its impossible to find. Mine is cracked. I'm planning on making some "cliffy " type stuff that's specific to my ramp just to hide it.....lol

Mark is too tied up with other ramps to do it. And I don't have the knowledge of how to do it, so unfortunately unless someone has an experienced ramp maker in their back pocket... this one sounds unlikely. I won't be installing it until I can find a right ramp to match. Hopefully another way to get it duplicated presents itself.

#47 5 years ago

So, my left ramp had a nasty crack and a chunk missing just below the Chicago loop sign. Someone had epoxied it in the past and made a mess. I got creative last night with some old parts from another machine and came up with this!! I'm pretty freakin' stoked about the end result! What ya think?!

20180714_111216 (resized).jpg20180714_111216 (resized).jpg
#48 5 years ago

So, my left ramp had a nasty crack and a chunk missing just below the Chicago loop sign. Someone had epoxied it in the past and made a mess. I got creative last night with some old parts from another machine and came up with this!! I'm pretty freakin' stoked about the end result! What ya think?!

wow man, great job... looks fairly factory also

#49 5 years ago

Nice work!

#50 5 years ago

Well done. That looks great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 682 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roller-coaster-tycoon-owners-club-all-are-welcome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.