(Topic ID: 169445)

Roller Coaster Tycoon multiball issue

By Shenanigander

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Recently got this game and set it up a few weeks ago. At first you would have to lock 2 balls then shoot the right ramp to start multiball.

For some reason now all you have to do is lock 2 balls and multiball starts.

Am I just not understanding the rules or is there some underlying issue?

There are no known switch errors or credit dots.

Thanks, Mike

#2 7 years ago

Doesn't sound right to me. Although I believe there is a couple ways of getting a 2 ball multi-ball. Maybe that is what you are getting?

#3 7 years ago

It is the main 3 ball multiball for sure.

#4 7 years ago

Check the 2 switches in the left lane where the ball locks, one may be stuck on, I had one that was not working once and had to stack two balls on top of each other in the left lane to count the balls.

#5 7 years ago

Cool. Thanks. Will do

2 months later
#6 7 years ago

Did you figure this out? I would guess yes but a possible reason that I will suggest for others with this problem. I would check your left ramp switch...if this does not activate the diverter lets the ball through and you get multiball.

2 weeks later
#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Did you figure this out? I would guess yes but a possible reason that I will suggest for others with this problem. I would check your left ramp switch...if this does not activate the diverter lets the ball through and you get multiball.

Yes, I finally learned it is a rule in the software. You can start the MB 2 different ways but I forget how it works exactly again as I sold the machine a while back now but you can start MB at the right ramp or the left ramp.

#8 7 years ago

Actually the left ramp should never start multiball unless the ball slips past the diverter (which is quite rare unless the switch on the left ramp goes out or becomes intermitantly registering). Multiball should start with the rocket (yellow ramp, or the right ramp only under normal operation)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roller-coaster-tycoon-multiball-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.