Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jalpert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

What are everyone's opinions on this game? I have noted quite a few popping up for sale near me and the prices all seem to be going down. I watched several you tube videos of the game and it seems to have a lot of stuff to do. However, I think the voices are mildly annoying.

Has anyone played it for any length of time? I'd like to get a few opinions if you have the time. And what would you say a good condition one is worth?

Thanks!

#2 12 years ago

Horrible game ... I would pass on one if it were only 500.00

Jim

#3 12 years ago

I definitely wouldn't say it's a horrible game. The troll may be a little annoying, but it has some fun shots. Cool ramps, fun modes. I like the game, I don't care what anyone thinks. No home run or anything, but still a fun Lawlor pin.

#4 12 years ago

I am not really a big fan of the game but it only really matters what you think. I would recommend playing it before purchase if at all possible.

#5 12 years ago

I owned one for a while. The game has 2 huge problems.

1.) With the outlanes wide open, and the software set to extra hard, getting to the wizard mode was almost a given. That isn't necessarily horible except in this case there isn't a lot of other things to do.

2.) Scrambled eggs is a broken POS. It flat out doesn't work, I thought it was my game but the entire design of it is flawed. It will constantly reject shots.

Other more minor issues, the skill shot sucks because it's not worth going for, the game modes aren't particularly fun, the side by side ramp layout is horrible (if you miss one, it's okay, cause you'll probably hit the other), the troll voice is annoying.

Honestly, the game isn't bad for about 2 weeks, then once you learn to avoid scrambled eggs, and get to the wizard mode every single time it starts to get old fast.

I think in decen shape it's worth $1,600ish.

#6 12 years ago

Yeah, the price I saw was $1,500 OBO. I was thinking about offering $1,000 and figured if I got it and didn't like it I should be able to trade it for something down the line.

So is everyone saying I'd be better off with something else? I wasn't looking at this one for long term... more as something to play, enjoy and then trade.

#7 12 years ago

For $1K id buy it and play it for a while again. I can only think of a couple games that aren't fun short term, rct is not one of them. I think you are on the right track with a $1K offer.

#8 12 years ago

I was pretty interested in this about 2 months ago - you may find a thread I started called 'Roller coaster vs Monopoly' or something like that. there is some good feedback there.

#9 12 years ago

I looked at this game at the Pinball Warehouse in MN. I am a huge PL fan and was really interested in possibly picking this up. For me, playing it was a big let down though. Just my two cents. I had the same let down playing monopoly as well. Both are beautiful games but that doesn't make a good game IMO.

#10 12 years ago

Thanks... I haven't emailed the guy back yet. I asked him how much cash he'd take and he responded "make me an offer." That was the right response on his part because it's never good to bid against your own prices.

After some of this feedback, I'm not sure if I want it anymore. I have watched about 2 hours of you tube videos on it now and that voice is ANNOYING! I think the ramps and shots look like a lot of fun though.

I think it might be a good game for friends' kids to play when they come over. I don't have kids of my own.

#11 12 years ago

The troll voice isn't that big a deal. Out of all the things wrong with the game its probably #3 or #4. The other thing is, some people love the game. I say go for it, if you think you can get it for less than $1,200. That way you can make up your own mind and get your money back if you choose. Depending on your personal situation, newer Stents are out of a lot of peoples price ranges. For the right price, its a very low priced newer Stern if nothing else.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 18.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roller-coaster-tycoon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.