(Topic ID: 40888)

Roll call..Who's in on the AC/DC Premium March run?

By Concretehardt

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 433 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Fatsquatch
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo_1.JPG
photo_2.JPG
photo_3.JPG
DSC_2040.JPG
DSC_2011.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Brand_new.jpg
image.jpg
acdc.jpg
acdc_box_sm.jpg
There are 433 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 11 years ago

Simpel answer, there are only 4 balls .....

Plus 1 in the mini Playfield of course

Enjoy Acdc you all, it is a great pin !!

#402 11 years ago

This game is crushing me. I've already resorted to switching it to 5 balls until I figure more of it out.

#403 11 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

Got mine Thursday afternoon. This is my first NIB pin, first Stern.
First impression is that this game makes the old B/W next to it look old. I had played the Pro a bunch and the Premium a few times before purchasing, but you don't really grasp how nice it looks till you have it sitting next to an older machine. The lighting is absolutely incredible. I still love the older games, but people are crazy if they think the new Premium machines don't offer anything more.
No issues with the game so far. Playfield looked great and didn't experience the cloudiness issue that many have complained about. Seems like they've got those kinks ironed out. My only gripe is it didn't come with a plumb bob or clip. So I have to pick one of those up.
One question since I'm new to Stern, how do I eject all the balls? On B/W there is an option to do it which makes it easy. I click on Diagnostics and then CLR but only get 4 balls to pop out that way. It's probably something simple I'm missing, but figure I'd ask.

Plumb bob is PROBABLY there: look in cash box or the plastic goody bag stapled to the cabinet bottom. It will be in a small manilla envelope.

#404 11 years ago

Someone asked about code version: 1.63

This is the latest right? Game born on 3/20. Playfield said 1427 out of 1450, or something like that.

Clear window, although Novus and wax seem to hold to it a little. Both flipper buttons/switche needed adjustment. Didn't work out of the box due to misalignment. Speaker panel and translite came loose during shipping,but I noticed and was careful which spared a possible catastrophe.

I wondered about removing and wiping down the lower playfield...but said "f-that". I did clean and wax upper as well as apply removable clear vinyl in the possible wear areas. 4 brand new chromium Pinballs....oooooohhhhhhhhh....shiiiiiiinnnnnneeeeee! Like Angus' hynee!

Game seems very well up together. Ramp near the cannon seems perfect. No SDTM bell shots. Lighting makes Avengers seem dim. Seizure material, but freaking gorgeous.

I think I'm gonna own this game. I already feel very comfy with the shots and ball action. Kinda like SM. Maybe I'm just built for SR games.

So far so good.

#405 11 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg..

#406 11 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#407 11 years ago

Love that your boy is rockin' a Willis jersey!
Congrats on a great purchase!

#408 11 years ago

Thanks! He goes to school full of NY Giants fans, but even they respect #52!

#409 11 years ago

I love that the whole family is joining in the unboxing!

#410 11 years ago

JJ, this game is SAAWEEEET! Kids are all over it. And I cannot stop playing it. Thanks again!

#411 11 years ago

So does any one have a Crystal clear lower playfield or is there a little bit of haze on it?

#412 11 years ago

mines crystal clear. Anyone else have a problem with the right ramp having the ball fly off of it into the pop area? Happens to me more often than it should.

#413 11 years ago

Mines pretty damn clear. No complaints with my game except in one of the corners around the speaker area in the head. Didnt get enough black paint. Christ, IM hoping that's my only problem!

#414 11 years ago

Crystal clear; same paint issue, though, but I had attributed it to my machine's journey from the first floor to the basement.

#415 11 years ago

Friday was a VERY good day here. Thanks to a call to the local hand-off shipper in advance, stating my intent to be home all day Friday, the game was delivered to them Friday morning and placed on a truck for immediate delivery. What a nice sight!!!

DSC_2011.JPGDSC_2011.JPG

My wife says, I like the cabinet, but I think there's a problem in the lower right corner...

DSC_2040.JPGDSC_2040.JPG

#416 11 years ago

Yea I shart a little when I opened my game and saw that same spot

#417 11 years ago

lol - my wife said the *exact* same thing about that same area..

#418 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Yea I shart a little when I opened my game and saw that same spot

Me too! Not sure why they did that.

#419 11 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

Me too! Not sure why they did that.

They don't want to compete for collector $'s with "minty" looking HUO Models down the road.

#420 11 years ago

Looks like the cabinet speaker has changed since the early runs and the LEs. The magnet appears to be a lot bigger. I have the Flipper Fidelity kit and have installed the backbox speakers already. I am hesitating to install the cabinet speaker because the magnet is much smaller than the factory speaker and the Flipper Fidelity one just feel cheap. I know look and feel does not necessarily translate to the sound it puts out. Has anyone replaced theirs? Review? Does it put out better bass?

#421 11 years ago

FF puts out WAY better bass. Anti-Rattle Tape required better bass.

#422 11 years ago

It does put out much stronger bas and yes, mine did require anti-rattle tape. There is nothing cheap about the FF sub.

#423 11 years ago
Quoted from Sprout:

lol - my wife said the *exact* same thing about that same area..

I had taken photos when I unboxed it and was about to post a picture of the 'damage' with a WTF, and then was like, oh wait....

Thought I was the only one!

#424 11 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

It does put out much stronger bas and yes, mine did require anti-rattle tape. There is nothing cheap about the FF sub.

I put in the FF speakers on Friday; love em.

#425 11 years ago
Quoted from sangel1969:

I had taken photos when I unboxed it and was about to post a picture of the 'damage' with a WTF, and then was like, oh wait....
Thought I was the only one!

I remember reading early on that it was intentional, so I wasn't surprised, but I am still scratching my head as to why. Anyone know anything about it?

#426 11 years ago

I'm about to order some backup LEDs from cointaker as I have a credit with them. Cointaker's are the OEM's, right? Any idea what a good mix of them are and which one's specifically to order? Every time I look at the comic-book font in the Stern manual I start going cross-eyed.

#427 11 years ago

Deleted. Wrongnthread

Post edited by Rick432 : Wrong thread

#428 11 years ago

My machine is at the shipper's terminal right now.

As soon as the wife gets the PT Cruiser home, I am off to grab it!

\m/

#429 11 years ago
Quoted from sangel1969:

I'm about to order some backup LEDs from cointaker as I have a credit with them. Cointaker's are the OEM's, right? Any idea what a good mix of them are and which one's specifically to order? Every time I look at the comic-book font in the Stern manual I start going cross-eyed.

Yes for the GI, Red, Blue, and White I think 555 (I dont have one on my floor to look at it) they are the two led clear.

#430 11 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

I remember reading early on that it was intentional, so I wasn't surprised, but I am still scratching my head as to why. Anyone know anything about it?

Probably to give it an "authentic" used speaker cab look. My Marshall halfstack has similar damage

#431 11 years ago

And so it begins... the day has arrived... what an awesome game!

photo_3.JPGphoto_3.JPG photo_2.JPGphoto_2.JPG photo_1.JPGphoto_1.JPG

#432 11 years ago

Put some FF speakers in those bad boys and quit worrying about every little cosmetic detail!

Play it hard....its kind of like when we buy pick up trucks down here in South Texas, we run em through the brush to break em in and take the newness off

AC/DC is not meant to be pampered...

#433 11 years ago

Got my game today and couldn't be happier. I've never bought a NIB before and never had a game shipped before, so there was some apprehension on my part over every part of the process. Turns out there was zero need for concern, as everybody from JJ at Game Exchange of Colorado, to Stern, to the guys at Vitran Express (the shipping company) couldn't have done their jobs any better. It was all unbelievably quick and painless.

As for the condition of my particular machine, I couldn't have hoped for better. There were no technical issues, and cosmetically, I couldn't find a scratch, nick, or anything. And yes, that includes the lower playfield window, which looks perfect. (Methinks I made the right move waiting this late to purchase the machine.)

When it comes to the game itself, I'm kinda speechless right now. I know this is the honeymoon phase, so I'm not gonna review or rate it till I have A LOT of games on it, but man...I am thoroughly impressed. (You were right, Greg!)

What I CAN do, though, is compare this honeymoon phase to that of all the other machines I've ever had, and in that respect, I'm thinking this game might take the cake. I hope it only impresses more as I continue to learn the ins-and-outs of the machine.

Wow....just wow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 433 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roll-callwhos-in-on-acdc-premium-march-run/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.