6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by robertmee
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 26 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20130803_140012.jpg
    20130803_140119.jpg
    20130803_140126.jpg
    20130803_135935.jpg
    20130803_135950.jpg
    20130803_135943.jpg
    20130803_135911.jpg
    20130803_135904.jpg
    20130803_135720.jpg
    20130803_135716.jpg
    20130803_135550.jpg
    20130803_135554.jpg
    20130803_135356.jpg
    20130803_135351.jpg
    20130803_135346.jpg
    20130803_135319.jpg

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Who all is going to the Winston auction on 8/3/13?

BadBrick and I will be there. I'll be the fat guy in the ghostbusters shirt.

#2 6 years ago

I'll probably go, although it is very unlikely that I'll buy anything. The prices on the pins I'd be interested in have been high at recent auctions. Still, it's fun to see the games, play the ones that are working, and connect with other pinheads. Makes for a pleasant day out.

#3 6 years ago

I'm going, I'm meeting up with Buddy for a pin.

#4 6 years ago

I'll be there, and my brother will likely come too.

#5 6 years ago

probably want make this one since our baby is do any time now.

#6 6 years ago

Make sure to stop me and introduce yourself if you see me, ill be there all day. Fat guy in a ghostbusters shirt.

Quoted from Craig:

I'll probably go, although it is very unlikely that I'll buy anything.

I'm not gonna buy any pins, but I'll be looking for something to tinker with, either a crane game, arcade, or something for the kids. I could dig a jukebox at the right price too.

There is a R/C swap meet going on near the auction, so I might swing by there too for a minute, lots of guys I know are going to be at that one as well.

#7 6 years ago

I won't be able to make this one.

#8 6 years ago

I will be there, getting ACDC from Buddy.

#9 6 years ago

I enjoy seeing everyone and it is 20 minutes from my house. It will be interesting to see the pin selection . I think your going to see several Stern pro's.

#10 6 years ago

I was planning to attend, but now it'll be a "wait & see" affair for me.
    (I hope I can get down there though.)

#11 6 years ago

Not much to sell, just had a baby, probably won't go.

A lot of ops aren't going.

#12 6 years ago

I am out as well.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from tvbenk:

I'm going, I'm meeting up with Buddy for a pin.

I will be there with pins for tvbenk and the banker. I could bring a new pin for you too...

This is usually the best auction to buy before the ops feel the rush or pressure to buy for locations in the fall. Most locations do not do good in Summer with so much outside activities. In Sept they must buy as Fall is just around the corner and once time changes fall/winter earnings heat up and ops must have equipment.
    I hope to get some good deals and sell some great new in box pins!

Buddy

#14 6 years ago

Is there a list of the last W-S auction results?

#15 6 years ago

It was a better drive when it was up in the beautiful mountains of Knoxville & Alcoa.

I miss those weekends.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

It was a better drive when it was up in the beautiful mountains of Knoxville & Alcoa.
    I miss those weekends.

Winston Salem's auction used to be in Statesville and its a much better auction now in WS.
    Kingsport took the great downtown World Fair Holiday Inn Knoxville auction. I like how close Kingsport is to me but those Butcher shop and long, long auctions to 3am were really great back in the day. The I-75 Expo auction just didnt have the same feeling.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Banker:

I will be there, getting ACDC from Buddy.

Awesome, look forward to seeing you again!

Quoted from SPeD66:

I was planning to attend, but now it'll be a "wait & see" affair for me.
    (I hope I can get down there though.)

Hope you can make it ed!

Quoted from doughslingers:

I will be there with pins for tvbenk and the banker. I could bring a new pin for you too...

I might take you up on that later this year. For this auction, I'm picking up a soda machine in Charlotte, and also bringing my Yukon Special to deliver to someone. It's been sold already.

I'm trying to find a Nintendo arcade cabinet with no guts for my Fix it Felix Jr. build. I've got the cab artwork, including the bezel art and marquee, but no cab yet.

#18 6 years ago

Think i could swap a NGG for a MetPro there ?

#19 6 years ago

Was planning to go but through my back out this week. Was looking forward to meeting some of you who live in the area. On to many good drugs to drive up.

#20 6 years ago

50/50 chance I'll be there....

#21 6 years ago

I will be there and in the tradition of the last few Winston Salem auctions I will be selling another 20 year old one owner pin. Here is the rare Pistol Poker I purchased from Mike at the Knoxville auction back in 1994 so almost 20 years. It has been to about every route location I have and finished its run at the indoor cinema last week. It has eaten over 60,000 coins lifetime and other than switches and flipper parts its been great. I bought many of the extra parts back with C and P distributing purchased all the left over parts as I had some other Alvin G pins but none lasted as long as this one as the theme fits my area. I take them to sell them so bid away, you might get a great deal.

I might also take the Bankers former Baywatch. Pics under Bankers gameroom here on Pinside.

I will also sell some videos like Neo Geo maybe Xmen 4 player and that MK 2 and Ms Pac man in the Pistol Poker laundrymat pics.

Thanks for looking!
    Buddy

20130504_183357.jpg 20130504_183338.jpg 20130504_183632.jpg 20130610_151118.jpg 20130610_151141.jpg

#22 6 years ago

You always have the coolest pins Buddy! Looking forward to checking out that Pistol Poker at the auction - I don't know if I have ever even seen an Alvin G. game before.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from BadBrick:

You always have the coolest pins Buddy! Looking forward to checking out that Pistol Poker at the auction - I don't know if I have ever even seen an Alvin G. game before.

You should bring your boots with that country western theme, it will make you smile and dance.

I will also have Ms Pac Man from the same location as I have been updating more classic with multicades. Baywatch and Whitewater.

All the Met Pros I had are sold, thanks Turbo20lbs for your recent pin purchase last night as that created more space on the truck for another one on the return trip home. I have a new in box ACDC Premium and Met Premium (Monsters) left to sale. These will not be in the auction but could be had in the parking lot with a small desposit. If not they will be here in the showroom.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Not much to sell, just had a baby, probably won't go.
    A lot of ops aren't going.

Hi Ryan

Congratulations on the new baby! I should rack up this auction if you are not going to be there, nobody to bid against me for a Guitar Hero Arcade or a Big Buck Hunter type game.
    I am taking some stuff but not sure if they will sell as I need to take a full load Friday and the parking lot equipment Sat. I know the parking lot will be sold so I can bid more aggressively.
    I did purchase a new game that is doing big, big bucks. Its called Pacman ticket mania by Namco. Its just pacman with tickets but looks great with big LCD screen. It is earning well. If I can sell am ACDC premium I am getting another one. Hope you can make Sept Kingsport. Prices are higher typically in Sept as owners need equipment for fall locations and seem to pay more. I find its better to come to this one and save the dollars now.

I hope we can make a deal on that Tron with mods to the max and TOM.

Buddy

#26 6 years ago

From Lori and rad 6-8-13 auction

Pool Sharks 1400
    Paragon900
    TSPP 2850
    STTNG 3100 BB
    X Files 850
    Ultra Pin 2500 BB
    Demo Man 1800
    Soccer Shot 500
    Sopranos 2925
    Getaway 1900
    Freddy 975
    T2 1400
    Sharkeys Shootout 1200
    Godzilla 1000 BB
    High speed 500
    Pinbot 600
    Silver Slugger 1000
    Xmen 3325
    Genisis 350
    Gorgar 400
    NF 1500
    Ind Day 1300
    Golden Eye 1400
    SP 1500 BB
    Pro Football 50
    Fiesta 75
    Fish tales (water damage) 400 BB
    LW3 425
    F14 sold before auction
    Dungeons & Dragons ?

Great talking with everybody.

#27 6 years ago

I've got the truck all ready to roll. See everyone soon!

#28 6 years ago

Looks like I'll be attending afterall...Be there a bit late after 12

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Looks like I'll be attending afterall...Be there a bit late after 12

I will be in my mushroom t-shirt

#30 6 years ago

Im afraid to go (only 60 miles down the road), because im afraid a TSPP or LOTR will follow me home if ones there.....

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Im afraid to go (only 60 miles down the road), because im afraid a TSPP or LOTR will follow me home if ones there.....

TSPP was there last time and LOTR has been several times this year

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

TSPP was there last time and LOTR has been several times this year

(cringing) what kind of prices?

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

(cringing) what kind of prices?

I think one LOTR was in the ~$3k range and TSPP was $2800 (I think). Granted, with fees of 17% that's roughly $3300-3500.

#34 6 years ago

Back is doing a little better today. Might make it there after all. I'll be wearing a purple pirate shirt. Wife and I are both ECU pirates. Hope to meet several of you there.

#35 6 years ago

Not going to make this one. First auction I've missed in some time. Never actually bought anything "inside," but of course, odds are that by missing this auction, something will pop up that I really want. Ha!

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

I think one LOTR was in the ~$3k range and TSPP was $2800 (I think). Granted, with fees of 17% that's roughly $3300-3500.

Both of those were buybacks

Buddy, give me a call! All yours down there man. I thought about going at the last second but I really don't have anything ready to sell. Not much there worth buying yet either, except for the really, really project WH20 on its way

#37 6 years ago

Still thinking I might show up. If so, I'll be the tall guy in the Williams tee shirt.

#38 6 years ago

For those of you on the fence about coming to the auction the pins are pretty weak as of 8pm Friday. Only about 14 pins and several are EM'S.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Both of those were buybacks
    Buddy, give me a call! All yours down there man. I thought about going at the last second but I really don't have anything ready to sell. Not much there worth buying yet either, except for the really, really project WH20 on its way

Hey
    I am leaving in 10 minutes. It takes me 3.5 hours to get there.
    I do not want to wake you but call me 276-219-4663
    Buddy

#40 6 years ago

Leaving now for Winston Salem. I have the parking lot pins already sold plus a new in box Met Premium (Monsters) version and ACDC Premium also new in box. I will make a great deal if anyone is looking for either one. Save shipping today. Call me 276-219-4663

Looking forward to meeting everyone there. I will also have two FF speaker kits for Stern. I will be wearing a classic Nintendo mushroom shirt.

#41 6 years ago

Any results yet (yeah I know it is early I'm bored)_

#42 6 years ago

...also interested to see the amount of self redemption there (Stackers, Key master, etc) since GA and FL are making it tough for ops to run them anymore.

#43 6 years ago

There were a lot of pins 30 or so. The ones I can remember before fees are Hook-$1,900 nice
    Royal Rumble-$700 nice,TOM-$3,900 ok TOTAN $4,900 nice TAF $2,800- ROUGH, Popeye- $1,200
    2 BSD $1,500 EA. XMLE-$4,600 nice Striker Extreme- $600 Baywatch - $900 Wh2O- $3,500 -insert wear, DM- $1,100 faded playfield About 5 parts machines and 5-6 EM'S I know I missed a few but I am sure someone will post a complete list. Great to see all the Pinsiders there today.

#44 6 years ago

AP 2300 BB
    Hook 1900
    Party Animal 275
    Police Force 50 parts
    WH2O 250 parts
    Hurricane 150 Parts
    Batman DE 100 parts
    Playboy Stern 950
    Game Show 125
    Jokerz 700
    Popeye 1200
    Preview 100
    LW3 800
    Royal Rumble 700
    X Men LE 4600
    WPT 800
    BSD 1500, 1500
    HD Stern @nd Ed 1800
    Taxi 200 parts
    Mars God of War 300
    WH2O 3600
    Flip Flop 275
    T2 1375
    Striker Ext 800
    PZ 1200
    Buck Rogers 400
    TOTAN 4950
    CBW 450
    TAF 2800
    SF2 500
    Strikes & Spares Gott 550
    DM 1100
    Space Od 300
    Drac Stern 375
    Black Pyramid 375
    Baywatch 875
    ToM 4050
    Baby Pac 625

#45 6 years ago

What was up with the WPT....I got there late at 1, and the pins had already started...been going for 10 years and that's the earliest I've ever seen pins start. Anyway, $800 for the WPT with a nice PF, unless all the boards were gone, was the deal of the day. And the Baywatch was very nice for 875.

#46 6 years ago

Well, Im kinda glad a bailed on the drive.... my wishist is
    LOTR
    TSPP
    Met Pro

Didnt look like any of those in there.... and I need to get rid of a pin before I add another anyways

#47 6 years ago

Man, I want that WPT.... thats a steal.

#48 6 years ago

I played several games on the WPT - it wasn't perfect but it still played very well. I think it may have been a buyback.

I was surprised at the price on TAF. It was well-used but still very playable so I expected it to go a little higher.

Nice to meet so many people up there today. Congratulations to everyone who picked up new toys to play with! Let me know if you are ever heading to Charleston.

#49 6 years ago

Wow, some deals there, did anyone get a look at the Totan? Was it beat up at $4950?

#50 6 years ago

Any video?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.50
    $ 179.99
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 99.95
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 63.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside