(Topic ID: 52503)

Roll call... Who's going to the Northwest Pinball Arcade show

By Concretehardt

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

007.jpg
    005.jpg
    003.jpg
    002.jpg
    006.jpg
    004.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    id.jpg
    nwpb.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

Is anyone going with the intent of buying machines?

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Is anyone going with the intent of buying machines?

I always have the intent on buying so I'm sure I'll poke around and see if I can snag a deal or something! I'm super tempted to bring my POTC to sell with the intent of bringing one back but idk yet

#53 10 years ago

Hey jrivelli, how much will you be asking for your POTC if you sell it?

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from loppydog:

Hey jrivelli, how much will you be asking for your POTC if you sell it?

Not sure yet as I am not sure how solid I'm going to be on bringing it, still have a few days to decide! Tons of mods, speaker panel, HUO blah blah for like 5k

Basically I want to trade it towards a CV so I may hold out for that and my wife absolutely loves POTC so who knows. I realy need to just add-on so I can get more pins in there

#55 10 years ago

Link to show set up here...

#56 10 years ago

Coming up from Sacramento on Saturday (currently in Portland). My wife and I are on a 3 week road trip and this works out great. Looking forward to it.
    Izzy

#57 10 years ago

I'll be there all three days manning the SPM booth.

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Link to show set up here...
    » YouTube video

Sweet setup vid. The other annex room has a fantastic view, impressed with that

#59 10 years ago

Heading out tonight, see you all Sat morning. I'll be wearing this. Did we ever come up with an official Pinsider convention badge?

id.jpgid.jpg

#60 10 years ago

I'm hoping to come down with my 10 year old son on Saturday evening and Sunday morning. Would be a nice father / son weekend event!

#61 10 years ago

That's Awsome Zippy!

#62 10 years ago

If any one makes it into the show today
    Please post pics, also what are they charging
    For a 1 day pass + parking?

#63 10 years ago

Well, my friends all wigged out on me so I'm not going to go.

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Well, my friends all wigged out on me so I'm not going to go

#65 10 years ago

If any one makes it into the show today
    Please post pics

Live feed here...

http://www.ustream.tv/embed/11277087?v=3&wmode=direct

#66 10 years ago

If your selling pins, and some dude starts low balling all your pins, its gotta be Oropuro!

#67 10 years ago

Ok I am thinking about heading to the show this weekend... any feedback from anyone who went today? Lots of games? Any deals on games for sale?
    It's a 7+ hr round trip drive for me I hope it's a good show

#68 10 years ago

I was there today. Tried to play woz. It broke. Ball keeps getting stuck behind drop target and ball search won't find it nor will tilting or turning off game. Only lifting the machine several inches in the air frees it. Fun times. Good quality control lol.

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

If your selling pins, and some dude starts low balling all your pins, its gotta be Oropuro!

Funny!

#70 10 years ago

I watched the live stream of Bill Masterman and it was good.

#71 10 years ago

Just saw Gary stern walk past woz shaking his head lol

#72 10 years ago

I saw one of the Predator guys chatting at length with Gary Stern last night.. HMMMMmmmmm

(sadly they seemed to just be talking about cars

#73 10 years ago

Ok I am thinking about heading to the show this weekend... any feedback from anyone who went today? Lots of games? Any deals on games for sale?
    It's a 7+ hr round trip drive for me I hope it's a good show

There are a shitload of games here. A shitload....They are doing fantastic keeping them up and running too. few metallicas brought by marco, all are sold. Not too many games for sale from what I'm seeing though

#74 10 years ago

Well made it home 550 mile round trip
    Had a great time (it was very crowded)
    Got to play
    Metallica, WOZ and Predator
    The pic below is my Daughter and I
    Her fave games were CV,WW,WOZ and Tron.

// Error: Image 107409 not found // image.jpgimage.jpg

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I was there today. Tried to play woz. It broke. Ball keeps getting stuck behind drop target and ball search won't find it nor will tilting or turning off game. Only lifting the machine several inches in the air frees it. Fun times. Good quality control lol.

Give it a rest Trevor, we know you loved it!!

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Just saw Gary stern walk past woz shaking his head lol

You sure that wasn't just shaking with fear

#76 10 years ago

Well, it looks like I'm going after all. Should be there around 11 am today.

#77 10 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

You sure that wasn't just shaking with fear

Or he just met Oropuro.

#78 10 years ago

Last note MarKmon's MM is sweeeeet!
    Kudos to him for bringing it... It was like the village bicycle (every one had a ride on it)
    Guy at his booth said it was getting well over 300 plays per day.

#79 10 years ago

Just returned from Tacoma. We got there Friday @ noon & stayed at the Courtyard .... was expensive, but very cool being just across the street. Played a lot of really nice games, especially on the AC/DC premium that was there, love it. Attempted to qualify for the classics tournament, but choked... I think I placed @ 69 of 70 entries.
    Will be back next year, I liked the new venue, but I thought the Seattle location was better.

#80 10 years ago

Last note MarKmon's MM is sweeeeet!
    Kudos to him for bringing it... It was like the village bicycle (every one had a ride on it)
    Guy at his booth said it was getting well over 300 plays per day.

And his WH2O too with ice mountains...awesome LED job on both from a great new local company.

#81 10 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Just returned from Tacoma. We got there Friday @ noon & stayed at the Courtyard .... was expensive, but very cool being just across the street. Played a lot of really nice games, especially on the AC/DC premium that was there, love it. Attempted to qualify for the classics tournament, but choked... I think I placed @ 69 of 70 entries.
    Will be back next year, I liked the new venue, but I thought the Seattle location was better.

Tacoma was half hour closer to us though, woo hoo! Plus, downtown seattle has one of the worst layouts for driving of all time.

Venue was really nice though. Large space with room to expand if needed and they definitely filled it.

#82 10 years ago

The air conditioning was nice. Last year was hot. Show was decent this time around. Metallica was great. Got some time on Metallica and WoZ before the show opened Thursday night. WoZ is beautiful. But I couldn't tell how fun it was. I really liked the outlane recovery opportunities on both outlanes. The Metallica pros were really fun. That game was the one that had my interest all show.

#83 10 years ago

I heard Markmon's MM sold at the show for 21.5k

#84 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

The air conditioning was nice. Last year was hot. Show was decent this time around. Metallica was great. Got some time on Metallica and WoZ before the show opened Thursday night. WoZ is beautiful. But I couldn't tell how fun it was. I really liked the outlane recovery opportunities on both outlanes. The Metallica pros were really fun. That game was the one that had my interest all show.

Metallica and WOZ were definite highlights of the show. The lines for both were long all day, but there were 3 metallicas so the wait was shorter than WOZ. 6 deep was the shortest i saw the WOZ line get. I thought both were awesome, yet they are so different from each other. Metallica was fast and furious and with its familiar fan layout still felt unique somehow. I really dug it and can't wait to try out the LE. WOZ is beautiful as everyone says and the quality and potential are outstanding and second to none. When the rules get finished I have no doubts that this machine will be in a new class by itself.

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from bobbyconover:

I saw one of the Predator guys chatting at length with Gary Stern last night.. HMMMMmmmmm
    (sadly they seemed to just be talking about cars

I was playing that really sweet Tron with my son when Gary walked up and started playing the EM that was right next to it. Can't remember the name. Anyway, I thought it was pretty quaint, me and my seven year old playing a tricked out ultra tech Tron, right next to the owner of the company that manufactured it while he played a game older than I am.

So, thought I'd have a bit of a goof and while Killian played his ball I saddled up to Gary and said, "Man, they sure don't make them like they used to, eh?" Hahaha. I don't know, I thought it was pretty funny.

He either didn't hear me or didn't think it was funny because I got silence. :-/

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

#87 10 years ago

Mind you, I've never been around any high brow fancy ass pins, but that Madness was fucking gorgeous. Well, from about 10' anyway, I never got very close because of the line. White Water was really cool too.

Pinball Bulbs folks were not only cool to talk to, but their product is legit. The games they installed during the show were night and day. The SPBM's Tron went from a beater to a looker between Friday night and Sunday morning.

#88 10 years ago

Of the 2, I much preferred the tricked out WH20 to the MM, mostly because I'm not a fan of doing huge sections of the playfield in different colors, and the WH20 was simply spectacular

Only slight criticism I would have of the show in general, was I wish they had had all the feature machines in one special area or at least each one in it's own, I was really surprised how Predator was in the middle of a bank near the back and WOZ was also in a kind of non-descript location. Would also be nice if Marco had their Metallica booth pointing away from the other games, they had the speakers turned up pretty loud, it was near impossible to play the games in the rows right across from it.

Very minor details though, the organizers do an amazing job, and it is definitely a top show by any standards!!

#89 10 years ago

I got there around 11 am and stayed until about 2:30 today. It was very easy to park and plenty of parking was available. Once we got inside, boy was there a crowd playing just about every machine there! And talk about loud! I was always having to shout to talk to people. My voice started going hoarse! That Vs. Duck Hunt re-theme pinball machine was there setup right next to a real Nintendo Vs. Duck Hunt game.

Got to play a machine I haven't seen in years, a Sonic "Mars Trek". We used to have a couple on our route back in the day and it was a good earner.

Glad I went. Had a blast!

#90 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

No joke??

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

I got there around 11 am and stayed until about 2:30 today. It was very easy to park and plenty of parking was available. Once we got inside, boy was there a crowd playing just about every machine there! And talk about loud! I was always having to shout to talk to people. My voice started going hoarse! That Vs. Duck Hunt re-theme pinball machine was there setup right next to a real Nintendo Vs. Duck Hunt game.
    Got to play a machine I haven't seen in years, a Sonic "Mars Trek". We used to have a couple on our route back in the day and it was a good earner.
    Glad I went. Had a blast!

Should've seen the lines yesterday. Twice as long on all games, was nuts and way louder, but overall loud all 3 days and I lost my voice.

#92 10 years ago

Still down in Tacoma, my 10 year old and I decided to keep the road trip going until tomorrow. We arrived late Saturday night and spent all day today at the show (and we finished up with a few hours at Dorky's, that place is pretty cool). The WOZ went to their location after the show, we got to play a few games on it there (not nearly as lined up).

Overall the show was a blast, lots of stuff to play (and lots of people). I have a Tron Pro and seeing Eli's kit in person was pretty awesome.

Played Metallica for the first time and it was pretty cool.

Best machines in the joint were Markmon's Medieval and Whitewater. It was the first time my son played Whitewater and now he says we have to get one. The job Mark did on it is outstanding! Mark - nice to meet you at the show.

Definitely worth the drive down, can't wait until next year!

#93 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Lol this is a joke. Game did not sell . People were asking if it was for sale so we stuck a crazy price on it to see what would happen. Glad it's still here. I just got the restore done last Tuesday.

#94 10 years ago

Panoramic view

image.jpgimage.jpg

#95 10 years ago

Only 22k for mm!

Predator sucks, sorry but someone had to say it.

Ww20 looked sick!

Woz...meh. I don't like those second chance things. Neat idea but it looks super boring after a while. Woz doesn't appear to tell you where to shoot very well. Glad I didn't order one, phew.

Metallica was of course a highlight. Wife liked it so it seemed like a good opportunity to tell her I bought an le and his much it was lol

#96 10 years ago

Had a great time, took my 12 yr old son and got some good father/son bonding going on some classics. He & I spent a lot of time on Joust, both vid and pin. Best of show goes to Markmon's MM & WH2O at the PinballBulbs booth. The lines for those were as long as Metallica's. Liked the layout and that there was beer in the chow area. Bumped into Gary Stern by Predator, (he was checking it out). Also Python was cool to chat with.

004.jpg004.jpg 006.jpg006.jpg 002.jpg002.jpg 003.jpg003.jpg 005.jpg005.jpg 007.jpg007.jpg

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roll-call-whos-going-to-the-northwest-pinball-arcade-show/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.