(Topic ID: 52503)

Roll call... Who's going to the Northwest Pinball Arcade show

By Concretehardt

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

007.jpg
    005.jpg
    003.jpg
    002.jpg
    006.jpg
    004.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    id.jpg
    nwpb.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Who is going and is anyone bringing anything?
    I am going to try and make the trip

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

I'm thinking of going on Friday to hear Bill Masterman speak.

#3 10 years ago

I wonder if JPOP and Skit B crew will be there?

#4 10 years ago

I would...but Walla Walla pinball scean is keeping me pretty busy. We just put a pinball machine in a bong shop and its doing just great!

#5 10 years ago

I try and make it. Does it cost money to get in?

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I try and make it. Does it cost money to get in?

Yes.

#7 10 years ago

I'll be there all day and night Saturday!

#8 10 years ago

I fly in on Friday morning and Fly home sunday afternoon.

Joe(acejedi)

#9 10 years ago

Yeah! Three of us coming up from Salem, Oregon for all 3 days. Have hotel rooms reserved @ the Marriott across the street. We are ready to tear up Tacoma. Too bad WA state has such crappy tittie bars.....

#10 10 years ago

Its a maybe.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Yeah! Three of us coming up from Salem, Oregon for all 3 days. Have hotel rooms reserved @ the Marriott across the street. We are ready to tear up Tacoma. Too bad WA state has such crappy tittie bars.....

Haha save your money
    The soda bars suck

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Acejedi:

I fly in on Friday morning and Fly home sunday afternoon.
    Joe(acejedi)

See ya Saturday homie!

#13 10 years ago

Ok, for sure not going.

#14 10 years ago

I'll be there, most likely all 3 days.

#15 10 years ago

I'll be there Friday and Saturday, maybe even Sunday. Not bringing any games myself, but hopefully there will be 3 TRON pros there with my fiber optic ramp kits installed.

#16 10 years ago

I'll be there as a vendor selling CPR, Pinball Inc ramps and a few other things. Stop by Starship Fantasy.

#17 10 years ago

What vendors will be there?

#18 10 years ago

We are talking about our summer time RV trip right now (though WA is a bit far even in the RV). When is this show, just out of curiosity?

#19 10 years ago

I'm there. Set up with my usual board/game repair and parts.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#20 10 years ago

This guy is there all weekend.

Can't wait to play some woz

#21 10 years ago

I will be there; how much depends on my wife and kids since we are making it a family vacation this year

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

We are talking about our summer time RV trip right now (though WA is a bit far even in the RV). When is this show, just out of curiosity?

Plan fast - it's this coming weekend.

I'll be there open to close sat.

All the details and more at: http://www.nwpinballshow.com

http://www.youtube.com/embed/BP9WfooeC_0?autoplay=1&rel=0

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Plan fast - it's this coming weekend.
    I'll be there open to close sat.
    All the details and more at: http://www.nwpinballshow.com
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/BP9WfooeC_0?autoplay=1&rel=0

Ah, too soon. Perhaps next year!!! I really want to drive around and hit the different pinball shows. I think that would be a blast to do one year.

#25 10 years ago

I plan to be there Friday and Saturday, Friday to buy from vendors and play the games, Saturday to sit and listen to all the seminars.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

Saturday to sit and listen to all the seminars.

#27 10 years ago

I am betting that in one of the seminars you will find out how many miles of copper wire are in a pinball... but it will also be the one you can win an X-men pro at so I figure it will be worth showing up for the Metallica info and a 1 in 100-200 chance at a free NIB

I wonder what kind of knocker sound you hear when instead of a free game, you win the friggen' game for FREE

Unless I am playing in the tournament that night...

#28 10 years ago

To each their own. Seminars have always been a highlight of shows for me. That is until I started having a booth at them, now I can't usually leave my booth to pee, let alone sit through a seminar.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#29 10 years ago

I'll be there with my son. He's so excited. My best friend might show up too. Trying to convince him to sit through Gary's act to win us the X-Men so I can go to Skit-Bs seminar. They're back to back and I can't ask my seven year old to sit through three hours of talking.

Anyone else bringing their kids?

EDIT: Probably be there Friday to play, Saturday at least part of the time to get my ass kicked in my first ever competition and listen to Skit-B. I think the kids' tournaments are on Saturday too.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

To each their own. Seminars have always been a highlight of show for me. That is until I started having a booth at them, now I can't usually leave my booth to pee, let alone sit through a seminar.
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

Ouch, not sure if having a random pinsider is worse than holding it all day but I would not mind watching the booth for a few minutes ( I am not sure why you might want to trust myself or anybody else you had never met before with thousands of $$$ worth of stuff though.... so I undersand if you pass on that).

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Ouch, not sure if having a random pinsider watch things is worse than holding it all day but I would not mind watching the booth for a few minutes ( I am not sure why you might want to trust myself or anybody else you had never met before with thousands of $$$ worth of stuff though.... so I undersand if you pass on that).

#32 10 years ago

The free game will cost $20 to buy a ticket I belive.. Not just show up and win.

I will be there, likely all three days ..
    Also the vendor list should be on the main page for the site.

#33 10 years ago

I usually do fall asleep at some point, not because the seminar is boring, but because of lack of sleep.

I really enjoy them, but completely understand why some consider them a waste of time, to each his own.

#34 10 years ago

Been all 5 years and have listened to zero seminars. I'll let dg fill me in on what wonders jjp is spewing this year, I come to play pin, especially games I can't find elsewhere.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Been all 5 years and have listened to zero seminars. I'll let dg fill me in on what wonders jjp is spewing this year, I come to play pin, especially games I can't find elsewhere.

Extraball is it a good place to buy a game? Seen any deals there in the past?

#36 10 years ago

We will have a booth set up with all of our stencils, new cabinet leg protectors ( big and small ), dmd filters and a few playfields. The playfields are TAF and Centaur. Might bring a few more just depends on space

Right now we are bringing 8 pins for play and possibly a few more. Also will have a few for sale a Avengers LE, Metallica Pro, TOTAN, EATPM and JM available for sale.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Short answer no

#38 10 years ago

Wouldn't expect you to appreciate the seminars, you might actually learn something

Amazing how you can troll about WOZ no matter what the subject too

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

I've only been to one pinball show (the Texas Pinball Festival this year) and didn't think it was a particularly great venue to buy a machine. There were plenty for sale but the prices didn't seem right to me. I wonder if it is like that at all the shows.

I really want to go to another show.

#40 10 years ago

Pdxgeek and I are helping out in the pinballbulbs booth. I'm bringing a couple machines that'll be in the booth but available for public play.

#41 10 years ago

This guy is there all weekend.
    Can't wait to play some woz

See you there Trev. If you're lucky, I'll let you take a picture of me standing next to WOZ... your favorite Woz's together

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

See ya Saturday homie!

For Sure Buddy text me when you get in.

Joe(acejedi)

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Pdxgeek and I are helping out in the pinballbulbs booth. I'm bringing a couple machines that'll be in the booth but available for public play.

Thank you for bringing games to play!

I can't say I have done that... hard to fit in my walk-on ferry luggage in years past, and this year the dang kids are kinda sitting where my pins usually fit in the 'hauler

Bottom line, bringing games is more risk/effort than not bringing games... thank you for stepping up where others cannot/do not!

#44 10 years ago

We will be there with our products of course and some cool new spotlight kits and a few LED kits that have been started. For non-standard products though I know I'll have some white water ramps and some ToM mods I'm not putting on my games. Markmon/PDXGeek said they'd help out and loan some games to the booth, as markmon said above, and I know he has some parts as well to bring.

#45 10 years ago

Yep, I'll be there for sure all day Friday and hopefully most of Saturday.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBulbs:

We will be there with our products of course and some cool new spotlight kits and a few LED kits that have been started. For non-standard products though I know I'll have some White Water ramps and some ToM mods I'm not putting on my games. Markmon/PDXGeek said they'd help out and loan some games to the booth, as markmon said above, and I know he has some parts as well to bring.

any show specials?

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spudgunman:

any show specials?

Yup, you get to hang out with us and play some sweet pins we are bringing with our new light mods!

Seriously though, yeah we have some cool free stuff and other pricing specials as well. Should have a few newer bulbs there that will not be on the site also.

#48 10 years ago

cool. I need some LED's for a spaceshuttle! and ..and... and...
    just got a stack of those LED driver boards!

#49 10 years ago

I am there all three days. Got parts to buy, pins to play, and seminars to attend. Hopefully, I can accomplish all three.

#50 10 years ago

I'll be there all three days. I'm hoping to meet Gary Flower as I bought my first SS games from him back in the 80's (Barracora and Torch) and was a member of the Pinball Owners Association of which Gary was Chairman. I guess you could blame him for my pinball addiction

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roll-call-whos-going-to-the-northwest-pinball-arcade-show and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.