(Topic ID: 258448)

Roll-call: Pinball Players over 90 y/o (oldest player in the world?)

By ThisNotes4U

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I would like to nominate my Mom Mary T., 95 as one of the oldest (continuous) pinball players in the world. She first started play in 1941 on a machine installed in my Grandfathers ice cream parlor . It became a favorite pastime for my mom and her siblings. Later they purchased a Bobby Orr Power Play for home use. She passed the hobby onto me and we both play whenever we can. "We never had a Wizard of OZ" back then" she jokes.

So I wanted to start a thread of all active players over age 90.
    I hope this thread gets flooded with certified vetern players!!!

1 week later
    #2 4 years ago

Nobody yet. Let's say any player 85 or older? (unintentional bump)

#3 4 years ago

How old is Bob Herbison at this point? He's got to be up there... that guy is a living treasure. I love the games he brings to TPF.

*edit* Found an interview / article with him in it on google that says "his childhood in the 1950s"...so he's pushing 70 at the very least..

This is an odd topic. You got to figure anyone 90+ came to pinball "later in life" than most of us, because they would've been like 30+ when things really heated up for pinball.

#4 4 years ago

Does a "feels like" age count?

#5 4 years ago

I don't think Bob would be terribly flattered. He's not really that old.
    Wayne Neyens was playing, and playing well at age 100. He donated his Gottlieb "Spirit of '76" (serial number 10,000) to the Pacific Pinball Museum, so I don't know if he still plays regularly at 101.

#6 4 years ago

FRAX is REALLY bad at this Guess Your Age thing .....kids nowadays , SMH

1 week later
    #7 4 years ago

My mother in law is 86 and will play our WOZ for an hour before we pull her away from it. She looks forward to coming over just to play WOZ. She use to play pinball when she was a teenager. It's kinda funny how addicted she is to that pin.

6 months later
    #8 3 years ago

RIP Mary Timke. She played my Ghostbusters just a few months ago, she left the world as one of the oldest true fans of the silverball. She supported Project Pinball and was a big fan of the Asylum. She was filmed for untitled doc along with Eric Stone. Bobby Orr signed her first pin at her Dad's Ice Cream parlor.

So there is an opening for the world's oldest active pinball player maybe.

#9 3 years ago

My condolences on your loss.

#10 3 years ago

We grew up on the shores of Lake Niagara. Ollcott Beach was a hotbed of early pins and the "One armed Pins" Spoiler allert: doc mentions what my mom confirmed. The mob moved pins to Niagara in the 50's.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roll-call-pinball-players-over-90-y-o-oldest-player-in-the-world and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.